Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying he didn't bury and burn the bodies on that day and lied to Tammy about a shot and about having a bonfire that day? The bonfire evidence from the neighbours is what got the search warrant. He may have burned the remains more than once including after Tammy's death.
I added a source to my previous post (a quote from a neighbor). The neighbor says that he first saw a bonfire in October soon after Tammy's death and then two more less than a month ago.

In the article below it's only been speculated that the info about the bonfires may have led police to discover the bodies.

Neighbor tipped off cops about 'large bonfires' on Chad Daybell's property where kids where buried | Daily Mail Online

I'm not saying that Chad did not fire a shot or light a bonfire on September 9. My point was that neither has been reported to the media by neighbors. IMO possibly because the neighbors weren't home to witness it.

It was explained a while ago (IIRC in Chad's arrest affidavit) what contributed to obtaining a search warrant for Chad's backyard: Alex's phone pings, Chad's text to Tammy about a raccoon and Tammy's sister's confirmation of the location of the pet cemetery.

IMO it is unlikely that Tylee's remains were burned on multiple occasions.

Last edited:
I added a source to my previous post (a quote from a neighbor). The neighbor says that he first saw a bonfire in October soon after Tammy's death and then two more less than a month ago.

In the article below it's only been speculated that the info about the bonfires may have led police to discover the bodies.

Neighbor tipped off cops about 'large bonfires' on Chad Daybell's property where kids where buried | Daily Mail Online

I'm not saying that Chad did not fire a shot or burn a body on September 9. My point was that neither has been reported to the media by neighbors.

It was explained a while ago (IIRC in Chad's arrest affidavit) what contributed to obtaining a search warrant for Chad's backyard: Alex's phone pings, Chad's text to Tammy about a raccoon and Tammy's sister's confirmation of the location of the pet cemetery.

I think it says he hadn't noticed bonfires till the fall but that does not mean there wasn't one on the 9th September. We do know Chad told Tammy he burnt some tree limbs that day and shot and buried a raccoon in the pet cemetery that day. We know Alex was there too. We know dismembered and burnt remains of Tylee were discovered. The neighbour may just not have been there that day, as you stated or they may be keeping his evidence back for court, we don't know.

I'm not saying that Chad did not fire a shot or light a bonfire on September 9. My point was that neither has been reported to the media by neighbors. IMO possibly because the neighbors weren't home to witness it.

IMO it is unlikely that Tylee's remains were burned on multiple occasions.

This article has the wording from the affidavit about the neighbour.

Documents detail horrific manner JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan were found in Chad Daybell's yard | East Idaho News

WARNING GRAPHIC .

From the link

“On Monday, Sept. 9, from 12 a.m. and 12:44 a.m., Cox’s phone was located at his apartment (107). However, at 2:42 a.m. to 3:37 a.m., Cox is located again at Lori’s apartment (175), where Lori lived with Tylee and JJ. This is significant, not only because he is there in the middle of the night, but also because this is the only time in September he appears to go over to Lori’s between midnight and 6 a.m.,” the probable cause states.

RELATED | Who’s who in the Daybell case

Cox returned to his apartment at 4:37 a.m., and at 9:21 a.m., he was located at Chad Daybell’s property. The GPS datapoint placed him near the east end of the barn, according to court records, and he was still at the property at 10:30 a.m.

“At 10:47 a.m., his phone shows a hit at the City of St. Anthony. At this time, we are unable to tell if he was actually inside the city limits of St. Anthony … or if this was a cell tower ping on his phone while he was still at the Daybell residence,” Lt. Ron Ball of the Rexburg Police Department wrote in the statement. “At 10:57 to 11:39, Cox is located at the Daybell property. At 11:52 to 12:02, he was at Dell Taco in Rexburg. He appears to spend most of the rest of the day in his apartment.”

That same day, the FBI found the following text message conversation between Chad and his wife, Tammy Daybell:

Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m.: Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!

Chad to Tammy at 11:56 a.m.: Gonna shower now and then go write for a while at BYU. Love you!

Tammy to Chad at 2:47 p.m.: Good for you!

Chad to Tammy at 2:48 pm: I’m back home now

Ball wrote the following about the exchange:

“I found the text suspicious because raccoons are normally nocturnal animals and are not regularly out during the day. It should be noted that from interviewing neighbors of Chad Daybell, we are aware that in mid-July of 2019, Garth Daybell, Chad’s son, told their neighbors that Chad had shot a raccoon out of a tree on their property during the day. Garth told (a neighbor) about the raccoon in response to a question from (a neighbor) about hearing a gunshot. (Neighbors) informed me that the fire pit in the back of the Daybell property was hardly ever used until the last few months.”

As police learned this new information, they consulted with Tammy Daybell’s sister, Samantha Gwilliam. They asked her if she knew about a pet cemetery on the Daybell’s property. She said she knew about it as both she and Tammy “were pet people,” and they both had pet cemeteries.

“When asked the location of the pet cemetery on the Daybell property, she stated that it was east of the red barn and near the fire pit,” the affidavit reads. “She informed me that she was aware of the location of the pet cemetery on the Daybell property because Tammy had shown it to her. Samantha was then shown an aerial photograph of the Daybell property, and she pointed to the same area near the fire pit where Alex Cox’s phone pinged on Sept. 9, 2019.”

Last week, investigators dug at the location while executing their search warrant and made a grisly discovery.

“Ground in this area was probed with a steel pole, and several areas of disturbed ground were located. During a search of this ground, a buried cat and dog remains were found. A backhoe was used to dig further layers of dirt. While doing this, bricks were located approximately a foot below the ground,” the affidavit reads. “The dirt in this area was searched, and several other items of interest were found, including other bones, charred tissue and charred bones. Cheryl Anderson (a Boise State University anthropologist on-site) indicated these additional bones, both charred and uncharred, and tissue found were human remains.”

Last edited:
IF she was dismembered first, she wasn't burned alive. I also can't imagine a motive for keeping her alive until the last minute. It would have been risky.
The dismembering could happen before
I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying he didn't bury and burn the bodies on that day and lied to Tammy about a shot and about having a bonfire that day? The bonfire evidence from the neighbours is what got the search warrant. He may have burned the remains more than once including after Tammy's death.
IIRC He texted her he was burning discarded limbs.

The dismembering could happen before

IIRC He texted her he was burning discarded limbs.

I think that was tree limbs (branches) not human limbs he was referring to. However he seems to have an almost macabre way with words and I am sure he knew the real significance of what he was texting. I just posted the exact wording of the text from the EIN. It's probably good I get this straight in my head before Monday.

I vote pro-bono contract killer.
Yeah, I’ve never seen a case like this. Trying to figure out not just how things happened but why and so many people are deeply involved.

Alex alone is a paradox.

Lori’s why and how is fairly self explanatory. She is a predator, marrying, divorcing, marrying again and again. Wanting attention, even seeking her son’s affections. She is self absorbed, sick, and she is, IMO, a murderer. She uses people then tosses them away.

Chad is evil and twisted. I wonder if he has murdered before; not for financial gain but because evil “spirits” told him to. I do wonder if LE have wondered if others are buried in his yard or if he buried others in the graveyard as a Sexton. If he is the one who killed Tylee, he should get the maximum penalty, because I think the killer enjoyed hurting her.

And the Paslowskis shouldn’t be on the streets. They remind me of what zombies would look like and act like.

And MG is flaky, almost a mini Lori. There’s more to her involvement.

And Zulema has to be a part of the conspiracy. Maybe murder.

More arrests and more charges MUST be filed.

Investigators can’t just let this go.

Maybe it's been mentioned before -- I haven't been following as closely lately:

But I'm finding this podcast series (Beyond the Veil, from Hidden: a True Crime Podcast) trying to look at Daybell from (esp.) the perspective of a forensic psychologist kind of interesting. I'm sure there's plenty of things for listeners to disagree with, but I find it more thoughtful (based more explicitly on academic thought/theory) than most of the analyses of this case that I'm finding on the Internet.

Recognize these two? Check out the masks on Kay and Larry Woodcock who are making the trip to Idaho. We are approaching Chad Daybell’s preliminary hearing and the grandparents of JJ Vallow will be in the courtroom watching. This will be the first time they see the man police say is connected to their grandson’s death since his arrest. Daybell is accused of concealment, destruction or alteration of evidence. It’s been nearly a year since Kay and Larry got to see JJ. Investigators found the remains of JJ and his 16-year-old sister Tylee Ryan on Daybell’s property in June. What a year it has been for these grandparents who stopped at nothing until the kids were found. There is still a long road ahead to justice for JJ and Tylee but we know the Woodcocks will be there every step of the way. Send them your positive vibes, prayers and well wishes as preliminary hearings begin.

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members