Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a direct link to the 911 tapes? I couldnt find them on the podcast. Im beyond curious on how Shannan sounds, considering they think she was having a mental episode. I am getting really into this case and all of its details, I just want to have an opinion on my own.
There’s not one. They weren’t made public and Mr. Ray is forbidden from discussing the content.

I think the group originally included him but they disliked Hackett because he was investigating them. That is why they tried to pin it on him, IMO. Burke may have mentioned any extortion to Hackett and Hackett would have attempted to figure out what was up and tried to spy on them. Further the Gambino's probably thought Brewer was a loose cannon running an operation on their turf and making a mess, so after their already mounting legal issues they didn't want to take any more risks that put their family in the middle of another racket or problem.

Nobody wants to believe me on this but...Italians did have a code of conduct and rules. They don't like these things outside their door. To be honest the fact the killer left the bodies there kind of seems they were Demeo wanna-be's, disgruntled with the family in some way and wanted to implicate them in another set of murders.

That's why I am curious who the family was having Demeo-esque issues with during this time. Sloppy, liability, carrying out unsanctioned hits. Dealing drugs, running girls.

Who were the weirdos in their fan club that they tried to avoid who had something to desperately prove for acceptance? Who did they cut off or reject from associations? These homicides were too close to them in proximity to be perpetrated BY them. Please trust me on that one.

I am still looking for Demeo copy cats.

Made men taking out made men or men who owed them money is a different ball game than targeting innocent women and children. I simply have no tolerance for girls being exploited and hurt and having little kids as casualties. That is why I can't let this case go. Women and children are off limits.

If anything SCPD was extorted into obstructing. I'd love to ask James Burke about what was actually going on. Maybe someone still in his circle might be able to do it?
Where are u coming up with these grandiose thoughts and ideas. Roy Demeo died in 83. The mob has absolutely nothing to do with this case. The Mob was in a rebuilding phase during this period due to the dismantling of families. This case took place in Long Island not fantasy island!!

I just started watching the doc. and was struck by Shanon's 911 call where she said "their trying to kill me"? So, I guess I agree with the 'profiler' Peter. She was not a product of 'LISK'.

Last edited:
I saw on social media that Shannan’s sisters are raising money to have the tapes voice-analyzed (Attorney Ray is still working the case pro bono but an expert analysis isn’t cheap). Ray intimated that a number of overlapping voices appear on them so an analysis is needed to discern who’s who and what they’re saying.

The SCDA is not too good at that sort of thing - i.e. sorting out voices on a tape. Some years ago they were monitoring many phone calls by using altered pen registers. It really gets funny after that. Bunch of cops assigned to illegal wiretaps couldn't be identified by voice. It's a classic case of prosecutor and cop abuse.

I always believed the best way to transcribe a taped conversation is to have one of the participants in that conversation to identify their own voices and what they said. SG can't do that but someone should be able to do that.

"Ray intimated....a number of overlapping voices" HOW many voices? See what I mean?

What is so frustrating for me, is I believe the FBI has been involved in this case at some level in the past, and likely they have the best transcription and voice analysis systems in the world. They could provide a transcription in a matter of weeks. All it takes is the political will by some Federal New York official to make it happen. As legal justification, the FBI could investigate Shannan's disappearance as a potential kidnapping, which is a Federal crime.

Of course there would be reasons why the FBI could not make the transcript public. But at least in the future there would be an accurate transcript.

I wonder if there is something like a New York State House of Representatives 'judiciary committee' and if they could have hearings?

I am just wondering why they refused to give up the tapes if no one can understand them?

Great Question Hawk. You should be able to understand the 911 operator, as they are trained to speak clearly and properly, and one has to assume that the operator was lucid and sober.

Secondly, since the SCPD had possession of the tapes for so many years, my conspiracy gene, wonders if the tapes handed over to John Ray, might have been garbled to protect the guilty.

Finally, I think it is safe to assume someone in the SCPD has a clean, clear and understandable transcript of the tapes. That could be the only motivation not to release them. If the SCPD had come to the conclusion that the tapes were not understandable, there would have been no reason for them to spend so much time and money to have them withheld.

Attorney Ray didn’t say the voices are unintelligible, he said they overlap. Though he understood what was said, there’s the matter of discerning who the speakers are and what remarks are to be attributed to whom.

Attorney Ray didn’t say the voices are unintelligible, he said they overlap. Though he understood what was said, there’s the matter of discerning who the speakers are and what remarks are to be attributed to whom.
In that case, it it sounds like a technical problem of voice analysis. Everybody's voice has a distinct electrical pattern, you should be able to identify the speakers by these patterns.

Yeah, sure and if you believe that I have a lollipop for you and please come and sit on my lap.
SIC
I refer you back to the 1989 SIC Report and aftermath when the same BS was used to avoid the truth. A bunch of cops were sitting in a secured room in a police HQ operating pen registers that were probably patched together . They screwed it up and there was a glitch when the voices in the room were recorded. Excuse for not prosecuting was they couldn't identify the voices. BELIEVE NOTHING they tell you and maybe 10% of what you see.

These phone monitoring rooms are pretty much off-limits to anyone that didn't have business with the investigation. Cops post pictures of their subjects on the wall if only to amuse themselves. I think most of you readers have seen something like this in a movie or documentary. One day the District Attorney - Spota wants to visit the room. Guess whose picture is on the wall as a subject? Tommy goes into a RAGE and orders it to be ripped down

In that case, it it sounds like a technical problem of voice analysis. Everybody's voice has a distinct electrical pattern, you should be able to identify the speakers by these patterns.

Yep.

I’m no expert but ordering and listening to 911 tapes and reading any available transcripts are parts of my job. However, that I may be able to identify multiple speakers will usually mean nothing in Court without an expert analysis and opinion. It’s no different than prepping a medical malpractice case for trial; you need the opinion/sworn affidavit of an expert who’s read the records.

Joe Brewer should qualify as an 'expert' because he was there. Too bad the cops didn't find the kiddie *advertiser censored* in his basement? ???????

Joe Brewer should qualify as an 'expert' because he was there. Too bad the cops didn't find the kiddie *advertiser censored* in his basement? ???????

I agree with your insinuation that the SCPD found everything they wanted to find, and laid charges against who they wanted to, in the Shannan Gilbert investigation. Nothing and No one.

Remember the words in Kolker's book quoting Brewer: ". ...cops are going to have pie on their faces..."
IMO Brewer knows what has been going on at Gilgo, a kind of events that may have led up to the murders. That is why Spota had to take control of the investigation because he doesn't know where it might lead. The Inner Sanctum MUST be protected at all times.
This case is a mini-Epstein case.
Look what they did in the Spitzer and Schneiderman cases, it was like it never happened.

Anyone that believes ANYTHING those sons of *advertiser censored* tell you is a FOOL. I don't care who is the DA or the PC or whatever. The LIE is programmed into their playbook. When I get around to it I will tell you my experiences at the Communications Bureau at PHQ.

In my son in law's case we needed the police radio calls to determine the circumstances of the crimes he was charged with. What we did get was a partial record of the tapes. What we got was without time stamps. A time stamp is what they call CADS report. Didn't know that until I accidenty found it. Went to the Tape Room and was met by a DA Investigator named Mulcahy. I wasn't allowed to ask the tech guys any questions that had to be directed to Mulcahy, in turn he had to call Burke and company.
For several years Mulcahy was a top money earner in Suffolk County. One year aound this time he was the top W-2 earner in ALL of Suffolk by topping $220"

Do you really expect them to give you all they know about the SG 911 Tapes? LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I saw on social media that Shannan’s sisters are raising money to have the tapes voice-analyzed (Attorney Ray is still working the case pro bono but an expert analysis isn’t cheap). Ray intimated that a number of overlapping voices appear on them so an analysis is needed to discern who’s who and what they’re saying.

BBM

How many voices could there be? According to Pak, it was just him, Shannan and Brewer, plus the 911 operator. Are there more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288