Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know with certainty whether the Papinis still live at the same residence? Forgive me if this has been discussed recently, but I've been away from this case a while and have missed a lot of posts... Thanks....

Does anyone know with certainty whether the Papinis still live at the same residence? Forgive me if this has been discussed recently, but I've been away from this case a while and have missed a lot of posts... Thanks....
No further reports on this family to the best of knowledge. I’m sure they want to be left alone, and likely still live in fear.

amateur opinion and speculation

Another VERY good point.

I believe her and I have always believed her. I am shocked to find myself in the MINORITY on that score, but there it is. There are so many cases of truth being stranger than fiction in the true crime stories out there. I would hate to be someone who went through so much and find out people think I am lying. My situation is NOTHING as traumatic as Sherri's, yet I experienced trauma at a young age only to find myself alone in dealing with the aftermath because I had a history of being dramatic, etc. Unless Sherri Papini herself states she made this all up for some reason, I will choose to believe the victim. <modsnip>

I'm in the minority as well. I never believed what she said she endured was a hoax.

Actual hoaxes are revealed quickly. I have absolutely no reason not to believe the victim. I've seen no evidence supporting a hoax.

It still reminds me of the couples case when the offender released his female victim. Not once did I feel either was lying about what happened to each of them. I was in the minority then too.

I don't have any problem with being in the minority. Ive been there before never to regret it.

I can only be true to myself, and beliefs. Of course everyone is also entitled to their own opinion.

If LE has the evidence that proves otherwise that everything was a hoax then my opinion will change.

Until then, like always I stand with the victim.

Jmho

I'm in the minority as well. I never believed what she said she endured was a hoax.

Actual hoaxes are revealed quickly. I have absolutely no reason not to believe the victim. I've seen no evidence supporting a hoax.

It still reminds me of the couples case when the offender released his female victim. Not once did I feel either was lying about what happened to each of them. I was in the minority then too.

I don't have any problem with being in the minority. Ive been there before never to regret it.

I can only be true to myself, and beliefs. Of course everyone is also entitled to their own opinion.

If LE has the evidence that proves otherwise that everything was a hoax then my opinion will change.

Jmho

With you all the way, OBE...My feelings exactly!

I read an article last night that said they moved because it was too hard to be there or something to the effect. I dont have a link, but I saw 2 or 3 articles in the past couple of years.

I understand why people are skeptical, but i have never been sold on it being a hoax. 87 pounds is quite small from where she was a month before in the Halloween photos. But a couple of things made it feel real to me. 1. No one puts themselves out to wave down cars with no pants and restraints. And 2, the video of her running towards help in the dark seemed very real. She wasn't sauntering around. She looked like she was running with purpose and fear.

Abigail Hernandez was returned home much more gently, wearing the same clothes she left in and returned to her house and what she went through was nothing short of a nightmare. If this girl was doing it for attention, why has she remained completely silent. I was expecting stories and interviews, based on the skepticism. But it never happened. I cannot even imagine how hard this would be if it was real and she has been treated so badly. Until the police say they don't believe it or some evidence comes out, I would rather be cautious and not accuse a victim of lying. I am well aware of the possibility, but at this point, it doesn't feel right, considering she hasn't had attention seeking behavior that was speculated that she wanted. I will say the same thing I said about Abby--- the police not releasing details made the victim look like a liar. The police don't do them any favors by being all quiet and cryptic.

I’m still on the fence! There is no proof it was a kidnapping and no proof it wasn’t! Her injuries and branding could have been done by someone else or by her self. Normally I would take a victims word 100%, but with this one I just can’t!
MOO

How long was she in the hospital?

Most likely dehydrated, substantial cut on foot, broken nose which could have been done early in her captivity, bruises/internal injuries plus the wound care needed for the brand.

Most likely dehydrated, substantial cut on foot, broken nose which could have been done early in her captivity, bruises/internal injuries plus the wound care needed for the brand.
I recall her not even being admitted. Treated in the ER for a couple hours then released.

"Another inconsistency: Papini claims to have cut her foot while fighting off one of her captors, but hospital workers couldn't find any trace of an injury. Ken Ryan, a law enforcement expert, who worked 25 in the industry and now teaches criminology at California State University, said he was "amazed by the coincidences" and thinks the story is most likely false, but at this point police don't have enough evidence to completely prove it." https://www.newsweek.com/sherri-pap...-say-details-dont-line-california-moms-700262

There was no cut on her foot. Unless of course the hospital workers were lying.

I recall her not even being admitted. Treated in the ER for a couple hours then released.

In your professional opinion as a medical professional, given the horrific descriptions of all her bruises, abrasions, broken nose and burns and the branding, plus the psychological and emotional trauma a kidnapping victim would naturally have, is not being admitted to the local hospital a common thing?

https://www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org/browse-by-state/california

To qualify for mandated treatment in a hospital or other inpatient facility, the person must be:
  • dangerous to self/others; or
  • unable to provide for basic personal needs for food, clothing, or shelter.
I presume that it's quite normal for a kidnapping victim to be eager to return to their homes as soon as possible

In your professional opinion as a medical professional, given the horrific descriptions of all her bruises, abrasions, broken nose and burns and the branding, plus the psychological and emotional trauma a kidnapping victim would naturally have, is not being admitted to the local hospital a common thing?
Not being privy to her ACTUAL medical records- I could not offer an opinion. Psychological and emotional trauma are not really admit-able conditions- nor are abrasions, bruises or a broken nose.

Jmho
Actual hoaxes are revealed quickly. Ya you know except for the ones that aren't

Also, you can't be admitted if you refuse admission. Hospitals are not jails. Everyone has the right to refuse treatment unless they are deemed a danger to themselves or others and/or unable to provide for themselves.

Actual hoaxes are revealed quickly. Ya you know except for the ones that aren't

That's like trying to prove a negative. Proving a hoax that never happened isn't doable.

Most of the time it is what it is. Its others who seem determined to want to make it into something else it's not.

At times I feel elated on one hand, and sad for any victim who survived their harrowing ordeal especially nowadays with internet sites.

It seems it's those victims are the ones who are often vilified by those who doesn't even know them.

Imo, it's very sad how some prejudge anyone without one shred of evidence to support it, but it happens more, and more on SM sites.

It's easy to accuse anyone without having to produce supporting evidence.

Thankfully LE goes strictly by the facts, and not unsupported assumptions.

I stand by my opinion. She is a victim, and endured very horrible acts perpetrated against her by the suspects.

So many cases now remain unsolved.

I pray one day the suspects will be caught, and brought to justice for the barbaric acts they did to her.

I wish her nothing but the best, and bright blessings. It has to be traumatizing to go through what she endured, but then to be revictimized afterwards by those on SM has to be emotionally traumatic itself.

I wish we would turn back in time where facts mattered before anyone accused someone of anything, but I don't that will happen again. It's become so commonplace now. :(

Jmho

That's like trying to prove a negative. Proving a hoax that never happened isn't doable.

Most of the time it is what it is. Its others who seem determined to want to make it into something else it's not.

At times I feel elated on one hand, and sad for any victim who survived their harrowing ordeal especially nowadays with internet sites.

It seems it's those victims are the ones who are often vilified by those who doesn't even know them.

Imo, it's very sad how some prejudge anyone without one shred of evidence to support it, but it happens more, and more on SM sites.

It's easy to accuse anyone without having to produce supporting evidence.

Thankfully LE goes strictly by the facts, and not unsupported assumptions.

I stand by my opinion. She is a victim, and endured very horrible acts perpetrated against her by the suspects.

So many cases now remain unsolved.

I pray one day the suspects will be caught, and brought to justice for the barbaric acts they did to her.

I wish her nothing but the best, and bright blessings. It has to be traumatizing to go through what she endured, but then to be revictimized afterwards by those on SM has to be emotionally traumatic itself.

I wish we would turn back in time where facts mattered before anyone accused someone of anything, but I don't that will happen again. It's become so commonplace now. :(

Jmho
You seem like you have a big gigantic heart. You also seem like a person who has given money to every person who has ever come up to you at a gas station and said they need a few dollars because they were out of gas.

I just can never get over her husband telling their kids she would be home on Thanksgiving. And presto! She was.

I do feel she was mistreated and injured to some degree. I am not persuaded that strangers did this to her.

I always wondered if he just picked the Thanksgiving date to give the kids some hope. You know how you sometimes pick future date out of the blue, just to give something some time to settle and hoping something good would happen in the future on or before that date. JMO. Katt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998