CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

The unsolved disappearance of Ryan Shtuka in British Columbia, Canada — StrangeOutdoors.com

Jim Reid, who was staying with friends near the house where Shtuka lived on the night the 20-year-old went missing, told CBC he heard an unusual interaction outside in the middle of that night. "I heard a guy's voice and it was mad," Reid said. He said the person he heard was yelling, "get in the car, get in the f--king car." Reid says he reported what he heard to police, but, after they called him back several times, he hasn't heard anything since. Those who believe Shutka's life came to a violent end include retired RCMP investigator Bryan Smith, who travelled from Alberta to help with the search at the request of a Shtuka family friend. Smith, a Mountie for 25 years who had investigated several missing persons cases, has also worked as a ski patroller and horseback guide and has experience with many backcountry searches. His initial conclusion was that Shtuka had wandered into the deep snow and got lost in the rugged terrain around Sun Peaks. However, an interview with one of Shtuka's friends changed his mind. "The friend seemed to be very nervous and very afraid for himself, which was unusual to me," said Smith, who would not reveal the friend's name. “My gut told me that this was most likely a homicide, not just a missing person." Smith said he shared his findings with the RCMP.

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of Ryan disappearance and his family and others will gather for a candlelight vigil for Ryan tonight in Sun Peaks. I hope at the start of the 3rd year of Ryan's disappearance there will be some type of closure for his family. I hope someone will come forward with some information to solve this mystery.

Just awesome, thanks for posting!

“It’s had more pickup than we expected,” Featherstone said. “I think it’s at the second highest view count for Storyhive documentaries…people connect with it.

Now Peaks and Valleys will have a national reach as the trio enters it into festivals across the country.

So far it will be shown at the Toronto Documentary Short Film Festival, the Canadian Shorts Canadian & International Short Film Festival, the Winnipeg Real to Reel Film Festival and the North Bay Film Festival.

Other festivals may also choose to show it as their application periods close and selections are made.

“It’s surreal,” Featherstone said. “You put all these applications in and just hope for the best. It’s validating seeing it does get recognition. It makes all the work you put into it worth it.

“We’re hoping that by spreading it around Canada Ryan’s story gets a wider base.”

theres been a couple MP remains that have been found recently as a result of people hiking/walking and stumbling upon them (during quarantine there's not much else to do, ive noticed a lot more people going for hikes!) - sadly I don't think the trails in Sun Peaks are being currently maintained/the lifts operational due to COVID :( Regardless, some people will still be hiking there and I think Ryan was last seen near the car-accessible village center? so fingers crossed that an attentive walker finds something...

Bump for Ryan... no new news as far as I can see.
His mom recently posted on FB:
Time does not make missing you any easier.

My heart breaks for Heather. She has truly done everything in her power to find her son.

theres been a couple MP remains that have been found recently as a result of people hiking/walking and stumbling upon them (during quarantine there's not much else to do, ive noticed a lot more people going for hikes!) - sadly I don't think the trails in Sun Peaks are being currently maintained/the lifts operational due to COVID :( Regardless, some people will still be hiking there and I think Ryan was last seen near the car-accessible village center? so fingers crossed that an attentive walker finds something...
Yes, I hope more hikers go up that way and keep their eyes open. I just think he is up on that mountain somewhere. I live a few hours south of there, but if they have another big volunteer search I would consider going.

Heather Warren Shtuka
Rcmp used a dive team to search from Fairways drive to a little past the ski out bridge by Burfield Hostel. Not a huge distance and really I wasn’t expecting much in terms of results since we have covered that area ourselves quite a bit. They assured us that no one could have gone further. However as we moved further down the creek we found things that should have not travelled as far (if we took their information). I don’t believe any ponds were done in the area as well.
Scott and I will be there next Sunday to do more creek searching.

The search of the creek will take place on Sunday Aug. 23.

Heather Warren Shtuka
Rcmp used a dive team to search from Fairways drive to a little past the ski out bridge by Burfield Hostel. Not a huge distance and really I wasn’t expecting much in terms of results since we have covered that area ourselves quite a bit. They assured us that no one could have gone further. However as we moved further down the creek we found things that should have not travelled as far (if we took their information). I don’t believe any ponds were done in the area as well.
Scott and I will be there next Sunday to do more creek searching.

The search of the creek will take place on Sunday Aug. 23.
It is certainly worth checking out!

Was just up at sun peaks last weekend for a family safe covid vacation. Was happy to see the place alive and active, lots of people taking staycations in their own province like ourselves up that way. I know the period without snow up there to search is short, so thankfully there are still folks up that way hiking etc, despite covid, which hopefully will lead to a possible discovery of some sort.

Pretty incredible it’s been over two years and not a single article of clothing has been found. The area is huge, and there are so many trails, but still....you think something would have been found by now.

6 men missing in same region of B.C.'s southern Interior, but no links in cases, police say
August 30, 2020

Snipped...
  • Ryan Shtuka, 20 — last seen Feb, 18, 2018
The 20-year-old disappeared after leaving a house party at the Sun Peaks Ski Resort outside of Kamloops. RCMP and hundreds of volunteers have searched extensively through the village and its surrounding trails, forests and mountains, but few clues have ever emerged as to what happened to him.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...or-but-no-links-in-cases-police-say-1.5702425

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back