Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
The probable cause affidavit for Chad:
https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Affidavit of Probable Cause.pdf

No timestamps for Alex's phone pings are mentioned in the affidavit for Sunday September 22, when Alex brought in a sleeping JJ in the middle of a podcast recording (sometime between 9pm and midnight).

MG talked to Lori the next morning between 8 and 9am while Alex's phone was pinging at Chad's from 9:55 till 10:12.

IMO it's possible that JJ was killed overnight in Alex's appartment (107). This way MG and DW would not have heard anything.

Thanks! So we have never seen Alex's phone movement from JJ time of death when MG was there... only with Tylee.

Appreciate the clarification, as I confused the two!

I guess we will have to wait until trial or today's prelim to see JJ's timeline.

Chad's behavior in court today. Correcting his attorney on a date, adjusting Prior's mic more than once, pointing things out on the legal tablet. Control issues much?

I think CD has major control issues, and he may still think he can control the narrative. He still appears to think he's really something. He disgusts me.

That was so very interesting and sure that some folks I follow will evalute. How she thought at one point MG was recording, yet when MG talked about scriptures, LV went off and lost it as to questioning if she was recording for LE.

I've now listened to 4 times... do I hear someone scribbling in the background during the conversation! OMG during the fight as to the religious stuff around 18:00 through 22:00, someone seems in the background furiously scribbling and underling messages through this call. MOO

What I don't understand is that despite Lori clearly being suspicious about the call being recorded, Chad went on and lied about Tammy's pre-existing health problems, her death being attended by her children and about two coroners. He must have been really desperate to get MG off his back. To me it shows that he might be just as compulsive liar as Lori, without fear of being fact checked.

rsbm

Agree, but nothing, nobody, nowhere, ever could rival Mark Sievers' display during his trial. He was Chad Daybell on crack, taking furious notes and even smiling and cracking jokes.

Interesting that a poster upthread pointed out the only time he became "animated" and raised his eyebrows. I went back and yep, it was when the prosecutor asked how many times LG say Chad the weekend she was there.

MOO drowned in her own fluids. A savage way to go,

"According to colleague Mandy Fowler, the day after her friend's death, she met with Tammy's daughter Emma - who shared concerns with her and others about having seen her dead mother with pink foam coming out of her mouth, the East Idaho News reports."

Spotlight on wife's mysterious death after children's remains found

Pink foam symptoms, shown up in many deaths, But I think all include the lungs filling with fluid.

Overdose
Cardiopulmonary arrest
Sarin poisoning
Carbon dioxide poisoning
Secondary drowning

and yet yesterday, we heard ***** was there at the time (I did the ***, not a mod)

One thing that has bothered me for a long time now, ever since Chad was arrested, charged, and the probable cause affidavit was released, is why is there no information or evidence concerning Chad's cell data? It's clear they have data pinning Alex' exact location and times at Lori's place and Chad's house during the children's disappearance and burials, but why haven't they provided Chad's? He obviously texted Tammy with an alibi about killing and burying a raccoon on their property on one of the days, so his cell data should be quite incriminating in that regard. And yet such information has been disturbingly absent from both the probable cause affidavit and also now at the preliminary hearing. They spent so much time today entering in Alex' cell data as evidence, but nothing on Chad's.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't want (or be able) to bring forth evidence of Chad's whereabouts during the times in question and instead try relying upon Alex' data in order to try incriminating Chad. Anyone know why this is? Are they trying to keep his data as a secret ace up their sleeves for the trial itself? Might they not have it for some reason? Something else?

Due to holding for murder charges later? Right now, just conspiracy charges and showing their minimal hand for such. Making them wonder think think thing what does LE have, but they do NOT have to show yet. MOO

If the police were being sent to 107 I think the children were killed in 175 and that was always their plan before they even moved to Idaho - to avoid forensic searches of 175 and them thinking police wouldn't link the name Cox to LV. If the shooting at BB had never taken place, police wouldn't have started surveillance of LV for the jeep and they might never have known about LV living at apartment 175.
MOO
I think at least the kids might have been kept in the apt 107 before they were taken to Chad's. It would be telling if Alex's phone pinged at Lori's apt (175) first before heading for Chad's house. 107 was found empty upon the welfare check, IMO because it was thoroughly cleaned and it was no longer needed. Alex's stuff was found in Lori's apt.

It's unlikely that JJ was killed and bound in Lori's apt while MG and DW were sleeping upstairs. Even duct taping him would have made some noise. There's no indication so far that Alex was there in the middle of the night like with Tylee's case. IMO Tylee would have no reason to spend the night at Alex's place voluntarily, but Alex could have kept JJ overnight.

My apologies as I don't think I was clear on the first question. Was today the first time CD/JP heard this "recorded" call from MG as well as MM/LV (as I'm assuming he's watching). Or, was this evidence that would have been provided to the defense prior?
I am pretty sure it would have been included in discovery to the defence. Otherwise, this would have been 'ambushing' the defence. IMO

Due to holding for murder charges later? Right now, just conspiracy charges and showing their minimal hand for such. Making them wonder think think thing what does LE have, but they do NOT have to show yet. MOO
BUT, heres the thing, they have to show probable cause for this case. I am hoping that the FBI witnesses will reveal this.

That was so very interesting and sure that some folks I follow will evalute. How she thought at one point MG was recording, yet when MG talked about scriptures, LV went off and lost it as to questioning if she was recording for LE.

I've now listened to 4 times... do I hear someone scribbling in the background during the conversation! OMG during the fight as to the religious stuff around 18:00 through 22:00, someone seems in the background furiously scribbling and underling messages through this call. MOO

If this was set up properly, I would expect MG to have legal counsel present during the call.

Great observation!!
I agree, listening to her I felt like I was back in middle school or high school.
We all have known manipulative people in our lives, I can now spot them a mile away;)
MOO

This behavior was definitely evident by the age of 22-23 based on the divorce documents from WL (shout out to WTAF). Pretty sure she was encouraged by her father and some think he helped her author the pleas concerning husband #2.

The never-ending ramblings/rants, the seeking of vindication via the courts of law... guess that has finally come full circle. Irony much? See you in court, Lori!

One thing that has bothered me for a long time now, ever since Chad was arrested, charged, and the probable cause affidavit was released, is why is there no information or evidence concerning Chad's cell data? It's clear they have data pinning Alex' exact location and times at Lori's place and Chad's house during the children's disappearance and burials, but why haven't they provided Chad's? He obviously texted Tammy with an alibi about killing and burying a raccoon on their property on one of the days, so his cell data should be quite incriminating in that regard. And yet such information has been disturbingly absent from both the probable cause affidavit and also now at the preliminary hearing. They spent so much time today entering in Alex' cell data as evidence, but nothing on Chad's.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't want (or be able) to bring forth evidence of Chad's whereabouts during the times in question and instead try relying upon Alex' data in order to try incriminating Chad. Anyone know why this is? Are they trying to keep his data as a secret ace up their sleeves for the trial itself? Might they not have it for some reason? Something else?
To add further to this - the text conversation between Chad and Tammy was found on Tammy's phone.

Point 19 in the affidavit of probable cause

I'm just speculating here but wondering if, because of his silence and non-cooperation with the investigation, this could be a tactical decision, to get his defense to the concealment charges and box him in - or - perhaps they had insufficient cause to get a search warrant for his cell phone before June 2020, so they had to use what they had available (Alex's and Tammy's) for the arrest probable cause.

There was an interesting argument between prosecutor and JP yesterday about JP using tactics to try to avoid having CD testify. I think it showed the State is very mindful of this.

I can imagine him enjoying watching MG squirm on the stand. I hope she does well today.
If she needs inner assurance she can take a moment and think of the terrible deaths of the children. That should give her the drive to slow down step carefully and think. CDs lawyer harangues and insults to try and get a stumble. So recognizing that, going slow is really important.

It will take some verbal gymnastics but I expect she’ll say she told Melanie alex didn’t know where they were so Melanie would quit badgering poor Alex. And either accuse Melanie of lying about Alex’s “you don’t want to know” comment or claim she thought he said it meaning if Melanie doesn’t want to know so the dark forces will have no reason to come after her.

Not saying I think it will work. But no doubt Lori will have something to explain it away.
Helped him die.
Yep.
He died the day after Tammy’s body was exhumed.

Lori screaming at Alex.
I thought I read the fight that the neighbors heard in the street
was Lori telling Alex he was bringing shame on the family.
Lori wanted what Lori wanted..when she wanted it.
IMO
For some unknown reason, Loris family enabled her to do wrong. Even supported her. It’s very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member