Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior is angling that if Alex didn't know where the kids were and they are SO close...it's possible Chad didn't know where they kids were either. Same with why he keeps asking MG if they are close enough to be sisters. He's using that phone call to his advantage

I've been taught in psychological training that people who say "honestly" as a preface are lying or not feeling confident in what they are about to say. Further, people that say it often (as Prior does) are dishonest in general. In real life, if I encounter someone who says it (especially in sales!), I distrust everything that comes out of their mouth.
He should be coached out of this habit.

I feel the same way and it is very telling.

Whenever I hear someone say something like
"To be honest, ....."

I immediately think so what you were telling me before was all BS?

Mrs. Closed Captioning would like to point out plexiglass interferes with hearing aids. You watch Prior point his mouth everywhere but at DW during the cross. I've testified before and every judge (well all 2 of them) has required attorneys to communicate in a way that I can hear. Jmo

One thing about students in law school that want to become a trial attorney. The one thing that they need to be certain of is that they like being a public speaker and that they can be effective at it in front of a crowd. Effective public speaking abilities is critical to being a good trial attorney.

I have to wonder if some law students go into it loving the book and studies part but then at a much later time realize they are not only not very good at public speaking but they may hate it. I suspect that happens to some students.

The good thing is there are many types of attorneys and jobs for attorneys and so students that dont like public speaking or are plain terrible at it can find other related attorney jobs where they dont have to present things in front of a jury.

Gibb: was good on direct no matter what I think of her and my opinion of her is poor. Definitely not rock star worthy though. She said everything for the record that we already knew. Woods questioning was spot on, likely discussed at length between them. Prior showed she’s a liar but Lori and Chad can be shown as the same quite easily. Prior flustered her but she’s held up reasonably well so far. Her and Tylees relationship, or lack thereof or dislike for each other is new information. More insinuation that Lolo and Alex has some incestuous relationship. Prior is doing what attorneys do, attempt to discredit and marginalize testimony to deflect from their client. Not necessarily “clearing” their client. He’s effective though. He has a much better courtroom presence than Wood. He uses the term “honestly” far too much. Don’t believe that will fly with a jury. Lots of Woods objections overruled. I’m not buying the Woods “first day in school” notion either. He’s been a prosector for a while and appointed special prosecutor so he’s qualified but I’ll say it again, he needs help from the state attorneys office. Wood needs to rehabilitate her a little on redirect.

Chad destroyed the children’s bodies.
What came before won’t matter to a juror.
Because...
If CD was NOT involved in the murders ..why would he lie, destroy & bury their remains? For love? Brainwashed? No wait (very dead from the grave) Alex still threatening him.
A jury of their peers are going to put both CD & LD away for a long time.

MOO

He's trying to discredit MG at the same time he's trying to establish how Alex was so unusually close to Lori. He and Chad plan to blame all of it on Lori and Alex...
Well, the emails will hopefully be entered into evidence at trial that show Chad communicated to Lori about the lightness/darkness/zombie positions that he assigned to Lori's family members.

Last edited:
Legitimate question here. I have no knowledge how this works. When does a witnesses health history come up? Is that discussed anywhere before they take the stand or is it up to both sides to attempt to determine? For instance, if someone had Alzheimers, or ADD/ADHD, or as was asked auditory problems are both sides able to ask?

I have never heard DW before but I envisioned him differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks