Identified! AL - Decatur, Wheeler Wildlife Refuge, UnkFem 29-51(prob~40), in backwaters of Tennessee Rvr, Jul'20 - Wanda Ashford Floyd

dotr

Reaction score
116092880_4291811414192580_2699490468928649763_o.jpg

117035028_4291812324192489_8251336226079404833_o.jpg

116925148_4291812757525779_3980164182548298382_o.jpg

116908578_4291813177525737_7304694255426299180_o.jpg

Body found in Wheeler Wildlife Refuge | CBS 42
Aug 1, 2020
DECATUR, Ala. – Decatur Police said they were working to recover a body found Friday morning.

Decatur Police spokesperson Emme Long confirmed the police department was called to the back of Wheeler Wildlife Refuge around 9:45 a.m.

The caller told police they were boating in the Refuge and found the body floating in the water.
''The body was taken to the Alabama Department of Forensic Science for an autopsy to identify the person and determine the cause of death''.

Does this mean the body was found at/near the headquarters yet the water flows or backs up from both the creek and the river?

That's what I take it to mean? The visitor center is on that island, and all those waterways around it are labeled "slough" so I would assume not much current no matter which way it's flowing?

If it's not a person who drowned while boating or fishing, the most likely thing would seem to be that they were dropped off Highway 67, or from I-95 where it crosses the Tennessee River.

Link thanks to killarney rose on the Leila Cavett thread. rbbm.
Decatur police seek help identifying body found in water

''Efforts to identify the body found near the headquarters of the Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge in Decatur last week have been unsuccessful, the authorities said today.

Decatur police are asking anyone with information or possible leads to come forward.

The body was a woman, believed to be between the ages of about 25 to 50, about 100 to 140 pounds and 5 feet 9 inches tall, according to the Decatur Police Department. The woman’s ethnicity is unknown.''

''Morgan County Coroner Jeff Chunn said the body doesn’t match local missing person reports.
Scientists were unable to determine the woman’s identity or cause of death during an autopsy, he said.

Chunn said the authorities are attempting to identify the woman using DNA from law enforcement databases. But if they are unsuccessful, leads from the public will be needed for additional DNA testing or dental record comparisons.''

I believe this is her NamUs profile.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No photo.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP72327
Female, Uncertain
Date Body Found July 31, 2020
Location Found Decatur, Alabama
Estimated Age Range--
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight 100-130 lbs, Estimated
Hair Color Unknown
Eye Color Unknown

Circumstances of Recovery - Found in the water next to a boat.
Inventory of Remains--
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

I believe this is her NamUs profile.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No photo.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP72327
Female, Uncertain
Date Body Found July 31, 2020
Location Found Decatur, Alabama
Estimated Age Range--
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight 100-130 lbs, Estimated
Hair Color Unknown
Eye Color Unknown

Circumstances of Recovery - Found in the water next to a boat.
Inventory of Remains--
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Thanks for that, will try and get thread title adjusted, oh maybe will wait a bit longer, just realized it states female,UNCERTAIN.

Gabrielle is only 5'1", while this UID is estimated at 5'9" (though they didn't carry this piece of info over to her NamUs profile).
By the way, can anyone access the Alabama missing persons list? i can't open it for some reason, maybe since I'm outside the US.

I can get in but won't have time to look for a while...

I got into the Alabama database by hacking the system (just kidding; i downloaded a VPN :rolleyes:), not a ton of missing women reported so far in 2020 but a few worth mentioning. I will link outside sources so those outside the USA can also see these reports.

Sharon Hardee was last seen on June 30, only a 30 minute drive from where the UID was eventually found. She is a white female, 51 y/o, with some identifying tattoos. She is only 5'5" but now I'm doubting their original estimate of 5'9" since they didn't include it on the NamUs profile. The proximity to the Wildlife Reserve is very worrying imo. I am guessing a PMI of ~one month seems suitable for this UID, given how they can't even guess her ethnicity. You'd think they would have ruled out such a local MP though, huh?

Cherrie Haile was last seen on April 26 2020, a little over an hours drive away from the UID. She is a white female, 48 y/o, 5'6" and 115lbs. The image linked is from an earlier 2018 disappearance. She has problems with drug abuse and mental illness.

They did say she didn't match any local missing people, so I think it's unlikely to be somebody in the AL missing database.

Is Tennessee on the other side of the river there? Which direction in upstream?
Keeping in the back of my mind that Namus said "female, uncertain."

They did say she didn't match any local missing people, so I think it's unlikely to be somebody in the AL missing database.

Is Tennessee on the other side of the river there? Which direction in upstream?

Has anymore information been found out about this person? Has anyone not suspected maybe there’s a serial killer? Far fetched but I know I’ve seen many bodies in articles being recovered in wheeler and the Tennessee River over the years. Without tons of media coverage

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back