Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT- I hope by the time this likely goes to trial Wood and the State will have practiced their public speaking a bit more. He seemed to trip over himself many times throughout this. I wonder if he just doesn’t have a ton of trial experience.

I think he'll watch and have others watch to help him with the speaking. This is a huge once in a lifetime type of case unless you're a high profile lawyer. Looking at data for the county in 2017 there were no murders, 1 in 2018. I can't find for 2019. There aren't many murder cases to procecute.
upload_2020-8-4_17-13-59.png

I'm really happy about the conspiracy charges meeting the burden, mostly because when (not if) murder or conspiracy to commit murder charges are filed, there is already a precedent in the case. Don't forget that the penalty for conspiracy is the same as the murder itself. Also, keep in mind Chad and Lori had already been named as codefendents in murder/conspiracy to commit murder investigation months ago. Moo.

This is JMO, but it didn't look like Tylee had any support in that courtroom. Sure, the prosecutors, but no family. I know KW & LW weren't her direct relatives, but I almost wish they could have had a button/badge with her pic, too. It really made me sad. Those poor children!
I have felt the same way since the very early days of this case.

But, if he sent the text, how do they not know where he was when he sent it? or, have they not recovered Chads phone? I think that's what I am trying to say. There is no direct evidence, but circumstantial suits me for the time being.

it is indeed curious, why they aren't going in to CD's phone location data

But I can only assume that evidence is not helpful for the defence, otherwise they would have produced it ...

Really. Didn't Alex's phone ping in the backyard in the middle of the night when JJ was buried. Would a reasonable person believe that Alex was out there digging in the dark while Chad was sound asleep?

In addition, Chad's text to Tammy about his interesting morning shows that he was there all morning "burning limbs and debris, shooting and burying a large raccoon." This time overlaps with Alex's phone. I believe that Alex left at 11:52 a.m., and Chad sent his text to Tammy at 11:53 p.m.
BBM. No, it didn't. Alex's phone pinged at Lori's appartment in the early hours of September 9. It pinged on Chad's property in the morning.

Is there a link to all of today's testimony?

It doesn't seem that Judge Eddins saves the live videos to his YouTube. Unless I am missing something.

I realize LE and the prosecution are working hard on this but when do you think murder charges will be added for both CD and LD. After hearing what has been presented the last two days, to me it’s no doubt they are responsible. Alex is somehow mixed in with it. After hearing the policeman’s bodycam where she cheerful lies about where JJ is...and knowing where he actually was....just unbelievable.

I find the entire hearing to be a red flag about the prosecution team. They went way beyond what they needed to show probable cause and tipped some of their hand to the defense. Imo this hearing was a win for the defense.
They were worried about exactly what happened. Pruor askednfor proff of the conspiracy. Theybdont have a "lets kill and bury" contract between them, they have to build up a "mutual understanding"
And not an "overt act"

I think the defense would have a hard time building a case around this, simply because there's no motive there. What would Alex gain by killing JJ or Tylee or Tammy?

Bingo.
Did ya see how fast the judge came back?
I’m not being sarcastic, I’m being logical. Like you.
No way are these two- selfish spawns of darkness -getting out of this IMO.

Can the feds file murder charges independent of the state since they are involved too?
I have asked this too especially because AZ and HI are involved, I mean as far as evidence etc. Then we have CV and TD deaths. It does cross State lines.

I’m waiting for MP to be arrested.

Agree !!!
Especially with Prosecutor Wood's closing arguments-- I dont know if he was getting emotional or what, but he sure bumbled through his statement.

I think he was genuinely emotional

But he had the ruling nailed. He didn't need to do any big summary

CD was screwed when the bodies were found at his place - I mean let's not joke around here. Dead bodies buried on separate days? And then you lie to police about kids who are obviously missing?

That is probable cause all day long.

If the defence wanted to get off the hook, they needed to produce their own evidence

This is JMO, but it didn't look like Tylee had any support in that courtroom. Sure, the prosecutors, but no family. I know KW & LW weren't her direct relatives, but I almost wish they could have had a button/badge with her pic, too. It really made me sad. Those poor children!

I wish there had been support for Tylee too. I wish she'd had someone securely in her corner who was aware of the dangers that surrounded her for more of her life as well. Colby too, because even though he has managed to survive being raised by Lori, he's suffered more than his share of manipulation and exploitation and it has all left many scars, and some of them quite fresh.

But, if he sent the text, how do they not know where he was when he sent it? or, have they not recovered Chads phone? I think that's what I am trying to say. There is no direct evidence, but circumstantial suits me for the time being.

That may be true, but I believe the location of the phone for that "debris limbs" text will be in the evidence as that will be a tower ping.

Yes, THIS! CD sent those texts to Tammy from a cellphone, but which number? Wouldn't it be relatively straightforward to get pings for that cellphone number? JMO
His phone number was even mentioned in the expert testimony today. My guess is that his ping data was not necessary for probable cause.

Ya' really think so? I will agree... Prior wasn't too shabby at fishing and he got a little bite or two. But, I don't feel too much new evidence was revealed. jmo, though
I do think so. I think prior is the strongest lawyer in the room today and he made the most of an opprotunity that he should of never been given by the prosecution. They didnt need 12 witnesses to establish probable cause. Alot of the testimony we heard todat should of been held back for trial. Imo...

I think any defence might be quite technical.

Murder requires the actus reus - i.e an illegal act with requisite intent which killed each child. So the issue becomes, who actually murdered them?

The prosecution has some leeway in so called cut throat defences where the accused simply blame each other.

No doubt CD and LV will claim that AC did the murders, and worst case, they are accessories after the fact - i.e the are guilty of concealment but not of murder. He acted alone as far as the actual murders went.

The state would claim it is all a joint enterprise, and it doesn't matter which of them killed the kids physically.

I think a killer point is that the kids were murdered separately. That makes it quite hard for LV & CD to claim they were accessories after the fact

This is why the death of TD is so crucial. It becomes harder to believe it was AC acting alone, with TD dead

Agree with your point that having the deaths separate in time is a biggie. That perhaps is why Prior brought up Tylee not getting along with MG, to have an excuse why Tylee wasn't seen by MG?

That's the only thing I can think of as to why Prior brought up they didn't get along. It must have been for some reason... other thoughts?

it is indeed curious, why they aren't going in to CD's phone location data

But I can only assume that evidence is not helpful for the defence, otherwise they would have produced it ...
Good point. Maybe it was sent from del taco.
But in any case CD said he was home that morning having an interesting morning outside making a fire and shooting a racoon. Trying to cover tracks he left more.

Hoping others can help ... in Canada, there is no right of appeal following a prelim (because its interlocutory) - but we have prerogative writs that can be filed to challenge the court's finding. I don't know if that possibility is available in the US? If so, any chance CD will appeal today's ruling? And just my thoughts: it was compelling to me that CD texted Tammy purportedly from exactly where AC's phone was pinging that day in September - that and the discovery, seems like strong evidence of complicity (which may need to be developed more fully at trial). So much of the other evidence though implicated LV in that conspiracy - so is there any likelihood her "counsel" will waive the prelim altogether? Why go through what has been done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater