GUILTY CA - Thaddeus Sran, 2, has feeding tube, found deceased, Madera, 14 Jul 2020 *parents arrested*

One of my early thoughts were of little Sherin Mathews whose parents weren't able to "accept" her because of her physical challenges. Remember how there were no pictures of her (Sherin) in their house?

Nothing made sense in Thaddeus' disappearance and the lack of the parents publicly appearing to plead for him just darkened the cloud. And of course hearing from LE that the parents stopped cooperating almost immediately sealed the deal.

IMO it's one thing to be overwhelmed by caring for a special needs child and quite another to choose to murder and burn that child. And I know you feel the same so I admire that you are able to look at the facts from all sides. I feel like I get more and more jaded with each case that ends with caretakers "solving" their problems with violence.
I’m jaded too. What really bothers me here is that the mother is pregnant. Was Thaddeus expendable? IMO the parents figured they’d dispose of him and bank on the replacement child being born healthy.

I’m jaded too. What really bothers me here is that the mother is pregnant. Was Thaddeus expendable? IMO the parents figured they’d dispose of him and bank on the replacement child being born healthy.

These cases almost always end up to be case-studies for complex family dynamics which result in murder.

These parents have the feeling they deserve a healthy child, which is normal. But it isn't normal if such feelings lead to something as extreme as murdering a child. However that just doesn't happen overnight. As parents you are in such a dominant position and then to abuse that power structure is just awful.

Madera parents plead not guilty in the death of their 2-year-old son | YourCentralValley.com.

I may have posted this link here before but coming across it again reminded me of the press conference their lawyer held right after their arrest he said if I remember correctly that he would not be able to represent them both but I haven't seen anything that says either of them have a new lawyer yet and court is coming up fast for them. I wonder if he will wait an make the announcement in this first court appearance? I'm not real sure on how court cases such as this typically play out as far as changing lawyers and such but wouldn't that be done before they go to the first appearance?

This thread is dedicated to discussion of the case of little Thaddeus Sran.

Some off topic posts have been removed. Please stay on topic without introducing discussion and details of other cases.

Thanks.

The playground, which caters to kids with special needs, is at Centennial Park.

Each councilmember approved Mayor Andy Medellin's proposal to name the playground equipment after Sran, the boy whose remains were found burned in a rural area of Madera.

"With COVID and people on edge, in spite of all that, he brought us together as a community," said Medellin.

Thaddeus' parents, Sukhjinder Sran and Briseida Sran, were arrested a day after the discovery of the remains, and accused of murder.

Madera playground for kids with special needs to be named after Thaddeus Sran

Prosecutors could pull from the past in Thaddeus Sran murder case

I wonder if this will be brought up at the trial? I mean it could be used to show the tendencies for anger and violence by both parents but would it be seen as relevant because it was dealing with the ex wife and not directed towards children? However you do have the fact that Mr. Sran instructed the child to lie about it so that could show that he had attempted to cover up crimes in the past so I don't know what does everyone else think?

They would have to show how the old threats relate to the present crime. A defense attorney would definitely object in the hope it would be ruled too prejudicial. IANAL but I don’t think it would be allowed.

Prosecutors could pull from the past in Thaddeus Sran murder case

I wonder if this will be brought up at the trial? I mean it could be used to show the tendencies for anger and violence by both parents but would it be seen as relevant because it was dealing with the ex wife and not directed towards children? However you do have the fact that Mr. Sran instructed the child to lie about it so that could show that he had attempted to cover up crimes in the past so I don't know what does everyone else think?
I think they will be more apt to use this.

But he says prosecutors might want to highlight the 2015 investigation into the death of another of the Srans' children, 4-month-old Divina.

"I would try to bring that up to show a prior, similar act, similar occurrence which shows a scheme by the defendants in this particular case," Capozzi said.

Case | e-Delivery Project
Case | e-Delivery Project

Here are the links to there next court dates but I'm wondering why does the father not have an attorney listed for his case the mother still has Nuttall listed as her attorney. Does that mean they are being trialed together or does the father have to get another attorney to represent him. I know Nuttall said early on that he didn't think he would be able to represent them both so I don't know what is going on there if anyone else has any idea about these things please let me know.

There is another thread on WS for a baby doe with a feeding tube who was found in a suitcase. I can't seem to find the thread. As far as I know, she is still unidentified. IIRC it was a Texas case? Per haps someone else here knows? I immediately thought of this case when I became aware of Thadeaus.

Rest In Peace little angel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back