Resolved PA - Philadelphia, WhtFem 25-46, UP73376, wrapped in plastic in tupperware bin, tattoo, Jul'20 - namus removed

I'm not sure this is the same case Different street address and July 17.

Police seek assistance in identifying body found in plastic container in South Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA - Authorities are asking for the public's assistance in identifying the remains of a woman found wrapped in plastic wrap and stuffed in a plastic container in South Philadelphia in July.

Police say the unidentified body was discovered on the 3000 block of Wharton Street just before 10 a.m. on July 17.

I'm not sure this is the same case Different street address and July 17.

Police seek assistance in identifying body found in plastic container in South Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA - Authorities are asking for the public's assistance in identifying the remains of a woman found wrapped in plastic wrap and stuffed in a plastic container in South Philadelphia in July.

Police say the unidentified body was discovered on the 3000 block of Wharton Street just before 10 a.m. on July 17.
two dumped in plastic bins with saran wrap????

Police: Woman's Body Found Wrapped In Plastic Wrap Inside Large Plastic Container In South Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are investigating after a woman was found wrapped in plastic wrap inside a large plastic gray container in South Philadelphia. Officials say the woman’s body was found on the 3000 block of Wharton Street just before 10 a.m. Wednesday.

Snip

Officers swarmed 31st and Wharton Streets in Grays Ferry around 10 a.m. on Wednesday to find a gray plastic container, where a woman’s body was found stuffed inside and tightly wrapped in cellophane.

Police on Wednesday released photos of a distinctive tattoo and clothing the woman was wearing at the time of the gruesome discovery

Investigators say a tattoo located on the victim's left upper back shows a rose and the words "R.I.P. Jazzy 5-11-08." According to detectives, she was also wearing a gold necklace and an ace bandage on her right arm.

Body-Found.jpg
image-2.png
image-3.png

Body-Found.jpg
image-2.png
image-3.png

Summary of identifiers:

• woman’s body; appears to be that of a black woman
  • age and ethnicity remains unknown
  • smelled something foul; body was not badly decomposed
  • stuffed inside and tightly wrapped in cellophane
  • tattoo located on the victim's left upper back shows a rose and the words "R.I.P. Jazzy 5-11-08"
  • wearing a gold necklace and an ace bandage on her right arm
  • wearing a green Forever 21 tank top, a black sports bra, multi-colored leggings

I zoomed in and I really think that is Jassy because there is a curve at the bottom right of the lower case A. The 2 S’s do not look like Z’s to me. They could have pronounced it Jazzy tho.

Attachments

• 3F1169A9-3908-4F8F-8318-B76DE89DB127.jpeg
    3F1169A9-3908-4F8F-8318-B76DE89DB127.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 42
Not badly decomposed, appears to be a black woman but ethnicity remains unknown.
:confused:

I was hoping she'd be in NamUs by now. Philly MedEx is usually pretty good at adding cases but, as right now, she has not been entered. (unless she has but it hasn't been made publicly viewable yet).

Not badly decomposed, appears to be a black woman but ethnicity remains unknown.
:confused:

I was hoping she'd be in NamUs by now. Philly MedEx is usually pretty good at adding cases but, as right now, she has not been entered. (unless she has but it hasn't been made publicly viewable yet).

I'm assuming that means she could be Hispanic.

This is probably more weird than useful, but--googling on the tattoo and variations on the name took me to a Jasmyne who died in 2007 in a car accident. There's a lot of grief on her page on legacy. com as you would expect. And then somebody posted this:

May 11, 2008
happy mothers day to all the mothers

The other posts are all personal. This kind of stuck out but I can't imagine why somebody who wanted to remember her would use that date for her instead of a birth or death date. It just struck me pretty weird.

The Chicano letter S looks a lot like the one in the tattoo, So it could also be Sassy IMO. This is a woman with a tattoo "sassy" on her back, but she also has an unknown one on her chest. I presume the remains were not that badly decomposed that a chest tattoo couldn't be found. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

alphabet_chicano_capital_tattoo_design_LQ.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy