Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is for her Madison County charges, different case number, different court, different judge.

Where is the source that says it is for all of her court proceedings?

The document states:

4. Response t0 Defendant’s Discoverv Request N0. 4: The state may call any 0f the following at trial, preliminary hearing, grand jury hearing, or any other hearing in this matter. The State reserves the right to disclose other Witnesses in the future:

https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com.../Response-to-Request-for-Discovery-042020.pdf

The most significant, IMO, two words in the recorded conversation - "We need":

Chad Daybell
“I’m [unintelligible] pretty calm. I would call Mark, though. We need, can you just talk with him?”

I am reminded of an old joke that I heard when I was small, when the Lone Ranger was popular:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto were out riding on the range, when they saw a huge band of hundreds of braves riding up over the crest of a hill.

Lone Ranger: Tonto, we're outnumbered! What will we do?

Tonto: What'um you mean "we"?

That's what I imagine Lori was thinking - "what do you mean 'we'?"

I thought she was about to say....: "We need to confer and agree on a story."

The order not to talk came after this phone call.

Excellent correction to me, thank you. As you point out, they weren't co-conspirators who couldn't talk if out on bond until after that call.

Apologies, need to revisit our excellent timeline here to refresh.

One thing to ponder before moving on to Lolo’s hearing, as far as I know the original search warrant for Dumbells property is still sealed. With some of the evidence now presented against Chadbo there must be something interesting in that warrant. Nothing presented so far would require a sealing but I wonder what it might be. I’ve always thought it was a person, maybe a neighbor or family.

For current charges? I believe each charge is 5 years, so maximum of 10 years but apparently ID has a thing about letting people out after 25% has been served. I know I read that somewhere, but I have no link so JMO
Thank you for your reply.

I’m truly puzzled about Pryor’s questions to MG about her not getting along with or not liking Tylee. MG visibly stiffened and looked extremely uncomfortable. Whether the questions were relevant or not, I think there’s some truth there. It could be Lori was filling MG’s head with horror stories (lies) about Tylee’s behavior and her becoming a zombie. If that’s the case, why would MG believe Lori? When Lori told MG about JJ’s “zombie symptoms” MG didn’t exactly buy into what Lori was telling her. She said JJ was acting the same as he always did. I just wonder why MG was so uncomfortable with the questions. I find it odd that MG, who is a mother herself, would dislike a teen girl to that extent. I would have liked an explanation from MG.

One thing to ponder before moving on to Lolo’s hearing, as far as I know the original search warrant for Dumbells property is still sealed. With some of the evidence now presented against Chadbo there must be something interesting in that warrant. Nothing presented so far would require a sealing but I wonder what it might be. I’ve always thought it was a person, maybe a neighbor or family.
Moo
Some things may be withheld from the public to prevent contaminating the jury pool. They run the risk of things being ruled as inadmissible because its prejuidical and if a jurist learned about already it could disqualify them. Possibly cause a mistrial

In the article it says "On Monday, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood submitted a list of 48 witnesses who could be called to testify at Lori’s preliminary hearing, jury trial and other court proceedings. " That is the possible witnesses for ALL of her court proceedings. Like i said, it is not confirmed who they are going to call. This is just all the people that they can call on so far. There has not been anymore added yet. They can't have surprise witnesses.

MOO - Different prelim which didn't happen. I would think the list would not have more added? Perhaps?? Who else would be added for the conspiracy charges of the bodies on top of them missing? dunno? Perhaps all the same?

This was Published at 10:23 am, April 23, 2020

On Monday, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood submitted a list of 48 witnesses who could be called to testify at Lori’s preliminary hearing, jury trial and other court proceedings.

"Lori Vallow Daybell is charged with two counts of felony child abandonment, misdemeanor resisting and obstructing an officer, solicitation of a crime and contempt of court. The charges stem from the disappearance of her children, 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan."

I’m truly puzzled about Pryor’s questions to MG about her not getting along with or not liking Tylee. MG visibly stiffened and looked extremely uncomfortable. Whether the questions were relevant or not, I think there’s some truth there. It could be Lori was filling MG’s head with horror stories (lies) about Tylee’s behavior and her becoming a zombie. If that’s the case, why would MG believe Lori? When Lori told MG about JJ’s “zombie symptoms” MG didn’t exactly buy into what Lori was telling her. She said JJ was acting the same as he always did. I just wonder why MG was so uncomfortable with the questions. I find it odd that MG, who is a mother herself, would dislike a teen girl to that extent. I would have liked an explanation from MG.

It could be as simple as not wanting to admit on the stand "you know I really didn't mesh with her". I was just reminded of a former friends daughter who is the same age as mine. She was the most obnoxious teenager I've literally ever met. One night her mom ran into a gas station and I literally said to her "I swear if you don't shut up I'm coming over the seat at you". I wouldn't want to admit that in court. :)

There should be dna recovered from all that duct tape that was wrapped around JJ. Hard to use plastic gloves with duct tape, plus all the other fibers that may have been stuck to it. And where was it bought by whom... cctv footage?

It was mentioned yesterday of other evidence that was transported to the lab including fingernail clippings. This must have been from JJ, which could identify who was wrapping him up if he fought back. Although I think AxC was involved in this, it may have taken two people to do this.

IMO this is still an active investigation. At the very least, so much testing needed to be done after these remains were found... it has only been two months.

moo
Maybe they got lucky and found the duct tape roll it was torn from during the searches of various houses. LE was able to match duct tape found with Caylee Anthony to duct tape at the house and on one of her missing posters. They were also able to match the plastic bag she was wrapped in to a box of bags found at the house.

Maybe they got lucky and found the duct tape roll it was torn from during the searches of various houses. LE was able to match duct tape found with Caylee Anthony to duct tape at the house and on one of her missing posters. They were also able to match the plastic bag she was wrapped in to a box of bags found at the house.
Im very hopeful that the forensics are gonna be the nail in their coffin. They dont seem to of been very careful about things.

If that were true, Lori would have had to know, as would LE with whom she spoke, at what time approximately they would uncover at least one of the bodies. She would have had to know precisely how long it would take for initial entry, establishing sites of interest, and early excavation of "Burial Site 1" to find the human remains which all happened before 11:00. MOO: She didn't know because LE and FBI didn't know.

This is possible. It is also possible that Chad attempted to call her, or asked Means to have her call.

I agree with this.

He left the house some time between the call 11:03 call (ended 11:06-ish Transcript of Lori Daybell's call to Chad Daybell on day of children's discovery) and being arrested 1.7 miles down the road outside of the roadblock toward Rexburg but still in Salem just before 11:30 (Chad Daybell arrested, booked into jail | East Idaho News).

It's a flawed theory he's trying to promote. See below.

LOL, fictional trash panda. I prefer miracle raccoon.

I agree. I think Prior was trying to prove CD didn't lie about the raccoon being buried on the property. I have no doubt a raccoon may still buried on the property because of a prior (no pun intended) claim that CD shot one out of a tree.

The defense argument implies the intent of the June 9-10 search was to find the children's bodies under the assumption that CD lied about the raccoon, and the argument attempts to exonerate CD by: if TR was buried there and a raccoon is also buried on the property then AC concealed the remains of TR on his own. His argument seemed to be that: as no raccoon was found, LE will say CD lied to cover his own involvement in the activities. So if CD didn't lie about shooting and burying the raccoon, it should still be in the ground, and LE didn't even look for it. It is an argument that there exists a witch hunt or CD was framed. The argument implies that someone, possibly AC, could have planted the remains of the children there to frame CD. Such argument negates the fact that if there is a raccoon still buried there it could be from the previous (July 2019) account where CD shot one from out of a tree. Whether said raccoon carcass still exists (from July 2019) and even if a second one exists to prove CD buried it on 9/9/2019, it doesn't matter.

That argument will fail. Human remains belonging to JJ and TR were buried on CD's property. TR was last seen on 9/8/2019. AC was on the property on 9/9/2019. The reason that the validity and location of any alleged raccoon carcass doesn't matter is that the day and time CD claimed to have buried it was the same day and time that the phone pings for the device belonging to AC was also on the property in the same vicinity for a substantial length of time (with ping resolution of appx. 4 meters). Prior will have a very hard time convincing a jury that two men just happened to be working in the yard burning limb debris and burying a raccoon in close proximity (if even greater than 4 meters apart or even 15 meters) of each other without the knowledge of what the other was doing. Have you seen the property? There is one tree by the pond area, and another 80 feet from the pet cemetery, the rest of the property was relatively free of vegetation that could obscure the activities of the two men.

Lets review the facts:
AC's device on the property for 2.5 hours ending at 11:39 a.m. Testimony from LE was that the pings were accurate to 4 meters (13 feet).
CD said he burned limb debris, shot a raccoon, and buried it the "pet cemetery" and completed the task by 11:53 a.m. such that 3 minutes later he needed a shower ostensibly because of the labor involved in the yard work.
The "pet cemetery" is noted by the location of a ceramic dog statue, placed in memory of a dog that is buried nearby.
Satellite imagery shows the 4' x 3' area of disturbed ground very near the location of the known "pet cemetery".
Testimony during the preliminary hearing was that the hole wherein the green bucket and remains was found was approximately 2 feet deep.

Such fanciful argument is an attempt to convince a jury that AC snuck TR's remains onsite, burned/dismembered her onsite, dug a 4' x 3' wide hole 2-3 feet deep or assisted CD in digging it, placed said remains into a 2' - 3' deep hole in the open area by the "pet cemetery", covered the remains with bricks, placed a dead dog and cat nearly over the remains, and filled in the hole all while CD didn't know AC was there while he himself was elsewhere on the property but near enough to still be considered within the area of the pet cemetery so he wasn't lying to his wife.

OR
If CD knew AC was there and assisting with the burning and digging, AC was quick enough to burn/dismember and bury TR's remains without CD knowing or consenting. Right. Maybe if while AC was assisting CD with the yard work, random miracle raccoon appears just in time for CD to get distracted, shoot it, and bury it elsewhere on the property so he's too far away to see what AC is doing. While CD is doing that, AC sneaks TR's remains into the fire and subsequently the ground.

Either way if the miracle raccoon exists, CD lied about burying the raccoon in the "pet cemetery" as it wasn't in the "pet cemetery". He lied about "I've had an interesting morning. I...I...I" when in fact it should have been "We've had...we" or "Alex and I've had..." and explain who Alex is...without acknowledging Lori to Tammy.

OR (even less likely)
AC planted his phone on CD's body before CD went about burning debris, shooting the miracle raccoon, burying it in the pet cemetery and texting TD at 11:53, while AC snuck in, burned and buried TR's remains and removed the raccoon and stole back the phone all without CD seeing, took it to Del Taco and then on to his own home.

There's no way AC was there without CD knowing/consenting. CD's admission of the "limbs" and raccoon in the pet cemetery and AC's phone pings are the perfect combination for at least conspiracy of felony concealment.

That doesn't even consider the issue of JJ in "Burial Site 1" on September 23rd. If CD wasn't involved, AC was at CD's for twenty minutes and was able to without any assistance from CD dig a four foot hole deep enough to bury a seven-year-old, cover with paneling and stones and bury the hole...in twenty minutes. Forget doing so without assistance. Forget doing so without consent. If that's what happened, AC is the fastest hole-digger I've ever heard of. He should have hired himself out as a digger in Sugar City, Home of the Diggers (Sugar Beet diggers that is). Salem is notoriously rocky soil. It's a high-sub water river valley with more rocks than fertile dirt. There's no one who can dig a hole that big and that deep in that pasture, bury a child and cover it all within 20 minutes–without some assistance.

Add to that, the dog and cat remains are now on top of Tylee.... who dug up CD & TDs previous pets to use as props?

Thank you for your reply.
In the eyes of the law, altough a Conspirator may not have been the one to actually murder the intended victim, their participation and aid to the cocospirator that commited the crime, makes then just as liable as the person who commited the act. As such he can be sentenced the same amount of time as someone who commited murder.

@pizzaman12 during pre trial motions loris lawyer submitted a request her bail be lowered, the judge agreed but stipulated if lori was released she could not have contact with Chad. which basically means if the court found out they had broken the judges order she would be sent straight back to jail for the remainder of her trial. defendents charged in criminal cases have no right to bail and it being granted is done solely at the judges discretion and it is within his power to dictate the terms Loris release on bail. Its likely Chad was given the same conditions but I missed that portion of the trial

I don't disagree so I'm a bit confused. It was stated earlier today by another WS person that the judge ordered them to not have contact with a co-conspirator (which was not the case)
Whether is was CD or LV, each time the judge has listed any restriction of contact to victim's families, co-conspirators, etc...as one of the conditions should they bond out.

Well, we know she didn't want to move to Idaho. We know she was getting tired of babysitting JJ all the time. We know Lori was cranky about not getting her million dollars. I can't imagine her liking Chad (if she even met him). How many days was Tylee in Idaho before she was killed? MOO.
I don’t think we “know” Tylee was getting tired of babysitting JJ all the time.We know that’s what Lolo told the nanny, but have we heard corroboration from Colby or any friend of hers? By all accounts she care about and cared for JJ more than LowLow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong