Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have received many requests for a new Royal Family thread.

This thread will stay open as long as you all follow terms of service.

Here is an example:
If you don't like Megan Markle you can certainly express your opinion as long as you are not rude, nasty, and in general you do not act like a jerk..if you need more of an explanation as to what this means I can't tell you anything else. If you can't discuss without crossing these boundaries then please do not post.

If someone posts something you disagree with please post and express your disagreement in a respectful manner.

Stop the nasty mean arguing.

Finally, it is not a good idea to insult the mods in any way. The mods work their behinds off for us and they keep Websleuths running. We owe them our gratitude.

The reality is Websleuths IS NOT a Democracy. In the end any final decision is on me. While I try to be fair with everyone some of you may disagree. If you do disagree please do not post about it in any thread on Websleuths.

Let's see how this goes.

Thread is now open for discussion.
Tricia

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5

Last edited by a moderator:
This post lands at random.

Far too many alerts on this thread and we are swamped with other very active, fast moving threads with a global crisis going on.

If there is an obvious violation of TOS or extremely nasty comment or name calling, Report it. If it's just a differing opinion or you don't like what the other member has to say, please remember they are entitled to their opinion and speculation on facts, as long as it doesn't violate TOS.

If posts by another member annoy you, scroll and roll or use the ignore feature.

Just stop the perpetual back and forth sniping over PH and MM that is ongoing in this thread.

Opinions, everybody's got one. State it and move on. It is not necessary to address each and every little post with the subtle and not so subtle snark just for the sake of disagreeing. This is not your own private thread for discussion. It is a public thread and this antagonistic, inflammatory style of posting is driving away other members and guests from this thread and is uninteresting and unproductive. It is causing members anxiety when that is not the purpose of any thread on Websleuths.

PLEASE learn to scroll and roll and/or use the Ignore feature. That will make your lives to much easier, and the lives of our Mods and Admins who have to filter through all the Alerts coming in from each "side" when we are all having to deal with many other active and fast moving threads.

Thank you.

Do you have a legitmate news source that offers an actual interview and quote from Prince Charles to substantiate that?

The Daily Mail is an allowed MSM source at Websleuths. It is the UK's 3rd highest in circulation. Members themselves don't have to substantiate that which is already contained in an MSM article. Its up to individual members whether or not they choose to rely upon the information presented. While some do not appreciate the content provided by the DM, the publication does pay for some content and in the past have frequently been known to be first with information that has not been presented elsewhere.

The thread is not for discussion about journalistic integrity. Members are free to scroll and roll if they choose not to rely on information from specific publications.

New thread is open for discussion of the legal proceedings related to Meghan Markle's lawsuit against the press.

I've moved some related posts on over to the new thread which is found here.

Discussion of how Archie was dressed in the video is irrelevant. He's a baby and insinuations that the attire was inappropriate or somehow indicative of less than stellar parenting is distasteful. Some posts have been removed.

Please move on from that rag-mag type of discussion. It is simply not Websleuths style.

Thank you.

Please read Tricia's post above and continue respectful discussion here.

Remember:

If you don't like Megan Markle you can certainly express your opinion as long as you are not rude, nasty, and in general you do not act like a jerk..if you need more of an explanation as to what this means I can't tell you anything else. If you can't discuss without crossing these boundaries then please do not post.

Members who persist in making mean-spirited, nasty, snarky, unnecessary judgmental comments under the guise of IMO, JMO etc will be permanently banned from the thread.

If you can't discuss issues and post your opinion respectfully and without inciting conflict, you won't be allowed to post here.

ADMIN NOTE:

Okay, please stop with the tabloid type opinion articles and stick to news via MSM. Of the umpteen negative, nasty opinion articles there will be umpteen positive articles to offset. It's simply not productive and has dragged this thread down to the level of basically contentious, rag-mag gossip and nonsense.

Yes, DM is allowed as an MSM source for news, but not for opinion articles. Who really care what Piers Morgan or Lady Campbell, etc. think of MM or PH? Members can discuss and form their own opinions based on news, rather than ride on the coattails of opinions by others.

Thank you.

Thread is open again.

PLEASE READ THIS:

Off topic posts and responses regarding legal issues have been moved to the appropriate thread.

Any further off topic posts in this thread or the legal thread will simply be removed rather than moved because Moderators don't have time to do what members should be doing in the first place. IOW, don't post about the legal issues in this thread, and don't post general comments/opinions on the BRF in the legal thread.

Members who continually disrupt the thread with argumentative or unnecessary, nasty posts and cause extra work for WS staff will be placed on a minimum 1 month Time Out and receive a permanent Thread Reply Ban.

Source: CatherineandWilliam5 Twitterupload_2020-8-5_21-33-41.png

I don't want to think this far into the future, but I bet this is what they'll look like. Good looking couple.
With a beard Prince William looks so much like Prince Michael of Kent, and of course King George V and Tsar Nicholas 2.

King-George-V-1029280.jpg

Source: Getty Images, Public Domain.
prince-william-and-prince-charles-a.jpg

Royals and their lookalike relatives – from Princess Charlotte to Princess Diana

31556112-8591491-image-m-104_1596555799096.jpg

Who knew the Queen was a Mac user :D. Not that it matters, but still interesting.

31560724-8591491-image-a-33_1596562216688.jpg

The Queen looks great even when she's travelling on her own personal time. I don't know about you, but I rarely but this much effort into how I dress when I travel, but then again I'm not the Queen.
I hope they have a pleasant time at their estate.

Queen and Prince Philip fly to Balmoral after months' isolation | Daily Mail Online

I noticed HM has a purple hand so I went digging and found this.

Buckingham Palace has refused to say why the Queen's hand has turned purplebruise but a medical condition called peripheral cyanosis - which refers to a bluish discolouration to your hands and feet – could explain why the 92-year-old's hand is covered in the huge mark.Mar 2, 2019
upload_2020-8-6_22-59-52.png
Latest UK and World News, Sport and Comment | Express.co.uk › royal
Queen health latest: Purple hand could be SERIOUS health condition peripheral cyanosis | Royal | News | Express.co.uk - Daily Express

Feedback

B116514D-816B-4324-A8F0-14C6B1BB2074.jpeg
Link from The Sun.

I noticed HM has a purple hand so I went digging and found this.

Buckingham Palace has refused to say why the Queen's hand has turned purplebruise but a medical condition called peripheral cyanosis - which refers to a bluish discolouration to your hands and feet – could explain why the 92-year-old's hand is covered in the huge mark.Mar 2, 2019
View attachment 258572
Latest UK and World News, Sport and Comment | Express.co.uk › royal
Queen health latest: Purple hand could be SERIOUS health condition peripheral cyanosis | Royal | News | Express.co.uk - Daily Express

Feedback

View attachment 258571
Link from The Sun.
What? Not pickling beets then?

Aww though, it reminds you how old she actually is. I bet her hands have that very fine softness that older people have too.

Duchess Meghan is preparing to make another whirlwind public appearance in just a few days time
Duchess Meghan is gearing up to make another stirring public appearance as her next speaking gig is confirmed.
The 39-year-old royal, who celebrated her birthday this week in her new base of Los Angeles, will be joining a panel of inspiring women as they take part in the The 19th* Represents virtual summit which is based around gender equality.
And while Meghan will be a major headliner for the day's program, there are a number of other inspiring females to look out for.

Duchess Meghan is preparing to make another whirlwind public appearance in just a few days time

Reactions: byo
Duchess Meghan is gearing up to make another stirring public appearance as her next speaking gig is confirmed.
The 39-year-old royal, who celebrated her birthday this week in her new base of Los Angeles, will be joining a panel of inspiring women as they take part in the The 19th* Represents virtual summit which is based around gender equality.
And while Meghan will be a major headliner for the day's program, there are a number of other inspiring females to look out for.

Love the headline. Whirlwind public appearance, but virtually folks. Jmo

Source: CatherineandWilliam5 TwitterView attachment 258528

I don't want to think this far into the future, but I bet this is what they'll look like. Good looking couple.
With a beard Prince William looks so much like Prince Michael of Kent, and of course King George V and Tsar Nicholas 2.

King-George-V-1029280.jpg

Source: Getty Images, Public Domain.
prince-william-and-prince-charles-a.jpg

Royals and their lookalike relatives – from Princess Charlotte to Princess Diana

wow! Charles and Prince William! I think William looks like Prince Philip, too

I thought Duchess Meghan wasn't suppose to be addressed or called Duchess Meghan anymore. Am I incorrect in thinking that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong