Resolved CA - Los Angeles, WhtFem UP2993, 20-30, Short Blonde Hair @Mansfield Motel, Aug'68 - n/a

I submitted it to the Murder Squad guys guys on whose website the pictures are seen and hope they will forward the tip to the authorities.
Great work! I also have terrible luck submitting and am also outside the US. I often don't even get a response.

Just going to respectfully throw this in. Phyllis Marie Corbin – The Charley Project missing since 1963, 16 yrs....in 1968, 21 years, Jane Doe between 20 - 30 height MP 5'5 - 5'8 Jane Doe 5'5....Phylliss has brown hair and blue eyes...Jane Doe (strawberry) blond....it's easy to change the color of your hair....I don't know why in the age-progressed photo...she has blond hair but she does....nose could be a problem...freckles are there.
467UFCA1.jpg
corbin_phyllis_ap.jpg

Attachments

• corbin_phyllis.jpg
    corbin_phyllis.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 8
No thread for her either

CASE NUMBER - 467UFCA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Recognizable face, No photo

467UFCA - Unidentified Female
467UFCA.jpg
467UFCA1.jpg

Artistic renderings of the victim

Date of Discovery: August 14, 1968
Location of Discovery: Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Same day
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by strangulation

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20 - 30 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry/cut very short
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Freckles on her upper cheeks and the bridge of her nose. A 5 1/2" scar on the back of her left leg. A scar on her right and left calf.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Two-piece light blue and white suit with dark paisley print, black sleeveless blouse, bra (size 34B), panties (size 3-5).
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Blue and white Sears tennis shoes (size 8).

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located inside a room at the Mansfield Motel at 5000 W. Washington Boulevard in Los Angeles.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Los Angeles Cnty Coroners Ofc
Agency Contact Person: Investigator Daniel Machian
Agency Phone Number: 323-343-0512
Agency E-Mail: dmachian@co.la.ca.us
Agency Case Number: 1968-08181

NCIC Case Number: U220017370
NamUs Case Number: 2993

Information Source(s)

Street view

Google Maps
Here is a side by side of 1968 Jane Doe and Donnis Redman

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_050211.jpg
    IMG_20200807_050211.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20200807_034457.jpg
    IMG_20200807_034457.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 41
Here is a side by side of 1968 Jane Doe and Donnis Redman

I wish we had a better picture of Donnis...the sun on her face takes away a lot of the contrast and condition of her skin. Jane Doe seems to have two tiny moles beside her right eye. Donnis is described with curly hair in Namus (we don't know if this is natural or perm, I suppose natural but you never know with this old cases)...Jane doe has straight hair.

Last edited:
I wish we had a better picture of Donnis...the sun on her face takes away a lot of the contrast and condition of her skin. Jane Doe seems to have two tiny moles beside her right eye. Donnis is described with curly hair in Namus (we don't know if this is natural or perm, I suppose natural but you never know with this old cases)...Jane doe has straight hair.
In the picture Donnis doesn't look like she has curly hair. Curls can be seen even with baby hairs. Maybe they meant wavy? It also looks like Donnis could have freckles but the photo could have been taken on a boat.
I also noticed that Jane Doe's hair looks like it was cut with kitchen scissors.

In the picture Donnis doesn't look like she has curly hair. Curls can be seen even with baby hairs. Maybe they meant wavy? It also looks like Donnis could have freckles but the photo could have been taken on a boat.
I also noticed that Jane Doe's hair looks like it was cut with kitchen scissors.

It seems that in Donnis thread a family member came along a long time ago saying she came in the posession of Donnis's babybook, after her mother died. I asked there something about the hair. I hope she comes back and answers. I agree with you on the haircut of Jane Doe. It looks indeed very rough.

It seems that in Donnis thread a family member came along a long time ago saying she came in the posession of Donnis's babybook, after her mother died. I asked there something about the hair. I hope she comes back and answers. I agree with you on the haircut of Jane Doe. It looks indeed very rough.
That would be great! That could be helpful because even baby pictures/adolescent photos can give us an idea of how Donnis looked.

There are comments on Facebook that says that she's been identified. Apparently, someone emailed the Los Angeles County Coroner asking them to compare Jane Doe to Donnis Redman. The coroner emailed them back telling them that Jane Doe wasn't Donnis Redman, but Jane Doe's sister saw the photo and positively identified her.

There are comments on Facebook that says that she's been identified. Apparently, someone emailed the Los Angeles County Coroner asking them to compare Jane Doe to Donnis Redman. The coroner emailed them back telling them that Jane Doe wasn't Donnis Redman, but Jane Doe's sister saw the photo and positively identified her.

Can you tell us on what Facebook site? Is there a name mentioned? Found it. They will remove this case from Namus when they get a signed identification.

My sincere condolences to her family.

Last edited:
If that's true, then that's huge news! I'm glad she has relatives who are still alive and who were apparently still looking for her after all these years.

A lot of women back then followed Mia Farrow and cut their own hair with kitchen scissors to copy her iconic do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back