Found Deceased OH - Caleb Marple, 39, Cleveland, 18 May 2020

I wonder why they'd close it prior to reviewing the autopsy report? I requested the report and the ME's office said it wasn't back yet and that they'd send it to me as soon as it was. That was a couple weeks ago so it should be ready soon. I would think that LE would want to look it over prior to closing the case.

I wonder why they'd close it prior to reviewing the autopsy report? I requested the report and the ME's office said it wasn't back yet and that they'd send it to me as soon as it was. That was a couple weeks ago so it should be ready soon. I would think that LE would want to look it over prior to closing the case.

I’ll have to go back and reread through the posts to find it or the link to it, but somewhere I was reading more on the private investigator the family hired. One of the issues was getting requested paperwork (like the autopsy report, etc) within a realistic time frame, if at all. Apparently this wasn’t the only instance where this was an issue.

Both scalp wounds don't sound like they would be the result of falling in the water. Maybe the result of a blow to the head, especially the one behind the ear? I have no issue with drowning being the cause of death but having two separate head wounds, one behind the ear don't sound like wounds one would receive AFTER falling in the water, drunk or not.

Both scalp wounds don't sound like they would be the result of falling in the water. Maybe the result of a blow to the head, especially the one behind the ear? I have no issue with drowning being the cause of death but having two separate head wounds, one behind the ear don't sound like wounds one would receive AFTER falling in the water, drunk or not.
I agree completely. And imho his blood alcohol level wasn't as high as I thought it would be. It was high admittedly...but I was expecting considerably higher.

I agree completely. And imho his blood alcohol level wasn't as high as I thought it would be. It was high admittedly...but I was expecting considerably higher.

"post mortem blunt impacts to the head..." meaning it happened after he was dead. Likely from the body hitting obstacles in the water like rocks etc. The ME goes on to explain the soft tissue and slippage present on the skull, which makes it even easier for laceration to occur. Mr. Marple appears to have tragically drowned, one of so, so many young men that end up this way after leaving a bar drunk and alone. Is there any reason or evidence to doubt the ME's findings?

"post mortem blunt impacts to the head..." meaning it happened after he was dead. Likely from the body hitting obstacles in the water like rocks etc. The ME goes on to explain the soft tissue and slippage present on the skull, which makes it even easier for laceration to occur. Mr. Marple appears to have tragically drowned, one of so, so many young men that end up this way after leaving a bar drunk and alone. Is there any reason or evidence to doubt the ME's findings?
I agree that this is a tragic accident. The ME stated the lacerations were post mortem. The injuries could have been caused by being wedged between the yacht when he was found or another object in the water.
What I believe is still a mystery & probably will remain so is the events that lead up to his drowning...getting kicked out of the bar, reason behind the neighbor having & lying about his phone, the alleged fight with a group of ppl after he walked away a bit....

That does make it clear the wounds happened after death. I understand that the COD as drowning is completely verified but I wonder about the circumstances that led up to him going into the river. It's true that intoxicated people drown through misadventure but the issue of the fight still niggles my mind. I'd still like to hear from those individuals.

That does make it clear the wounds happened after death. I understand that the COD as drowning is completely verified but I wonder about the circumstances that led up to him going into the river. It's true that intoxicated people drown through misadventure but the issue of the fight still niggles my mind. I'd still like to hear from those individuals.

Exactly... the circumstances that led up to that.

Article that discusses autopsy...
Autopsy concludes Caleb Marple died of accidental drowning | wkyc.com

I also received a copy of the actual autopsy and since it was mentioned in MSM I can post it here. There is info. worth discussing imo. Please take a look for yourself...

SMachine DN20080508141.pdf

I'm missing the part where the ME gives some detail as to why he thinks the head/scalp wounds were post-mortem. Can someone tell me the page number? TIA

Just because the head injuries weren't severe enough to cause a skull fracture or bleeding on the brain doesn't mean they weren't strong enough to render him temporarily unconscious. I'm undecided for now, more because of local knowledge of how the city, county and owners of these bars and strip clubs "cooperate" with each other. Even if a guy gets drunk and belligerent, it doesn't give anyone else the right to kill him or knock him out and throw him in the river to drown. If something like that happened, those responsible need to be held accountable.

West Bank of the Flats is a unique place. What happens there stays there, sort of. Very wealthy and powerful people own most of that real estate and used to control it like their own little town. JMO MOO

Map of the route he may have walked. It's pretty far, almost 2 miles. That's quite a distance for someone who is inebriated, late at night.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
I'm missing the part where the ME gives some detail as to why he thinks the head/scalp wounds were post-mortem. Can someone tell me the page number? TIA

Just because the head injuries weren't severe enough to cause a skull fracture or bleeding on the brain doesn't mean they weren't strong enough to render him temporarily unconscious. I'm undecided for now, more because of local knowledge of how the city, county and owners of these bars and strip clubs "cooperate" with each other. Even if a guy gets drunk and belligerent, it doesn't give anyone else the right to kill him or knock him out and throw him in the river to drown. If something like that happened, those responsible need to be held accountable.

West Bank of the Flats is a unique place. What happens there stays there, sort of. Very wealthy and powerful people own most of that real estate and used to control it like their own little town. JMO MOO

Map of the route he may have walked. It's pretty far, almost 2 miles. That's quite a distance for someone who is inebriated, late at night.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

It’s in the post that you quoted. Click on the link included at the end of it. It’s doesn’t really say why but gives the best description/ etc

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
They also have him on video as he gets to a bridge (I’ll have to look back to see exactly the name of it)...but surely with video they could look at body language or way he was walking to see if there were any signs of how intoxicated he may have been. I’d have to go back to check how far it is from the bridge to where they found him.

They also have him on video as he gets to a bridge (I’ll have to look back to see exactly the name of it)...but surely with video they could look at body language or way he was walking to see if there were any signs of how intoxicated he may have been. I’d have to go back to check how far it is from the bridge to where they found him.

It's probably the Center St. Bridge. It's the only one down in the Flats between East and West Bank. It's a drawbridge, as the Cuyahoga River has ship and barge traffic during the day. By drawbridge, I mean its a bridge that lifts or swivels, etc. to allow ships and boats to pass. There are nightclubs on both sides of the river and if you're going from a club on the East Bank to the West Bank or vice versa, Center St. bridge is the one you cross. Yes, it most likely has security cams on either or both sides.

خرائط ‪Google

The way the investigation was handled seems wrong. It shouldn't have taken so long to get autopsy reports. Cleveland police should have been able to figure out what happened and should have been able to find his body sooner. Many members of the Cleveland PD work security in businesses on the West Bank during their off duty hours. The West Bank is their back yard, they know it like the back of their hand and know pretty much everything that goes on over there. Most of it is owned by the Jacobs family, who also own the Cleveland Indians baseball team, among many other things. However, they don't own Christie's Cabaret. It probably wouldn't be there, though, if they disapproved. JMO, MOO

‬‏‏

Last edited:
Justice For Caleb Marple

I’m not a medical expert by no means so I don’t know what variables have to be present in order for the following to occur:
(From Justice for Caleb post) Aug 10
There have been staggering amounts of concern saying there is no way Caleb would take amphetamines. Amphetamines show up false positive in bodies with early decomposition.

Keep an eye out on the Facebook page. They are still looking for answers and say they are going to release weekly facts and questions to try to crowdsource the answers the family still doesn't have. Justice For Caleb Marple

Aug 26
Good Morning. As we are still sitting and thinking about Caleb, everyday, I wanted to take a minute to offer an update and ask a favor.

As you may or may not know, the autopsy report has been issued for Caleb and at this time the Cleveland Police and medical examiner consider his death an accidental drowning and Caleb’s case to be closed.

At this point, we as his family and loved ones are just trying to grasp the whole picture, and know what happened so that we can move on. There are still so many questions and we want to piece together his final hours so that we can try to understand, grieve fully, and give Caleb the justice he is owed. We want to be able to think of him in love and not be haunted by questions. We need your help to get these answers and find peace.

We've decided the best way to try to achieve this is to break down all the things we still don't know, one at a time.

We'll post a new fact, coupled with a new question every week. If you don't know the answer to the question, all we ask is that you share the post with your circle, so we can cast a wider net. Perhaps someone out there has that piece of the puzzle and we can be one step closer to understanding that night.

So please, visit the page every Wednesday and look for our Fact and Question posts and share them. Caleb’s memory will live on forever in all of us and we’d like to find the answers to what happened that night, so our memories can be rooted in the truth and it can let his loved ones think of happier times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back