06/22/2020
Dispositional Hearing
Session:
06/22/2020 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Molter, Daniel J
Result:
Commenced and concluded
06/24/2020
Order on Hearing
6/22/20 Order Taking Deft's Plea Under Advisement, Setting Sentencing for 10/23/20 & Releasing Deft. from Incarceration
Judicial Officer:
Molter, Daniel J

Order Signed:
06/22/2020
06/24/2020
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Sentencing Hearing scheduled for 10/23/2020 at 10:00 AM.

06/24/2020
Document Filed
Jail Docs (Court Assign., etc.)

File Stamp:
06/24/2020
06/25/2020
Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
Order on Hearing ---- 6/24/2020 : Brett Rodolfo Galvan;Newton County Probation Dept;Jeffrey Dale Drinski Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 6/24/2020 : Brett Rodolfo Galvan;Newton County Probation Dept;Jeffrey Dale Drinski

10/23/2020
Sentencing Hearing
Session:
10/23/2020 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Molter, Daniel J

Hey @Tippy Lynn - just going thru my hearings coming up on Monday, 7/13 - and I very highly doubt that Kirts trial is going to start then. Maybe an update in the court site? Case # is 56D01-1904-MR-000367 in Newton County. That's Nicole's case.

and then I noticed that the Tippercanoe County case #79D05-1902-F6-000263 hasn't had an update since 3/7/19 - when probable cause was found to continue. Any updates on that one?

TIA!
and while you look - have some cookies! Freshly baked!
animated-smileys-housekeeping-007.gif

State V Garett K Kirts
Case Number 56D01-1904-MR-000367
Court Newton Superior Court
Type MR - Murder
Filed 04/05/2019
Status 04/05/2019 , Pending (active)
Reference
Legacy System Number
D119MR00367

06/29/2020
Motion for Continuance Filed
Motion to Continue Jury Trial -amd
Filed By:
Kirts, Garett K.
File Stamp:
06/29/2020
06/29/2020
Order Granting Motion for Continuance
6/29/20 Order Resetting Jury Trial for 9/28/20
Judicial Officer:
Molter, Daniel J

Order Signed:
06/29/2020
06/29/2020
Jury Trial originally scheduled on 07/13/2020 at 10:00 AM was rescheduled to 09/28/2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: By Request.

06/30/2020
Order Granting Motion for Continuance ---- 6/29/2020 : Codey Lee Spear;Jeffrey Dale Drinski Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 6/29/2020 : Codey Lee Spear;Jeffrey Dale Drinski

09/28/2020
Jury Trial
Session:
07/13/2020 10:00 AM, Rescheduled
Session:
09/28/2020 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Molter, Daniel J

(Nothing on this one since 2019)

State of Indiana v. Garett K Kirts
Case Number 79D05-1902-F6-000263
Court Tippecanoe Superior Court 5
Type F6 - Felony 6
Filed 02/28/2019
Status 02/28/2019 , Pending (active)

03/08/2019
Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 3/7/2019 : Garett K Kirts;Patrick K Harrington

04/01/2019
Initial Hearing
Session:
04/01/2019 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: McVey, Kristen E
Result:
Concluded
04/01/2019
Order Issuing Warrant for Arrest
$250 cash
Judicial Officer:
McVey, Kristen E

Order Signed:
04/01/2019
04/02/2019
Order Issuing Warrant for Arrest ---- 4/1/2019 : Garett K Kirts;Patrick K Harrington

04/02/2019
Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Issued

Thanks for the cookies @Niner!

State V Garett K Kirts
Case Number 56D01-1904-MR-000367
Court Newton Superior Court
Type MR - Murder
Filed 04/05/2019
Status 04/05/2019 , Pending (active)
Reference
Legacy System Number
D119MR00367

06/29/2020
Motion for Continuance Filed
Motion to Continue Jury Trial -amd
Filed By:
Kirts, Garett K.
File Stamp:
06/29/2020
06/29/2020
Order Granting Motion for Continuance
6/29/20 Order Resetting Jury Trial for 9/28/20
Judicial Officer:
Molter, Daniel J

Order Signed:
06/29/2020
06/29/2020
Jury Trial originally scheduled on 07/13/2020 at 10:00 AM was rescheduled to 09/28/2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: By Request.

06/30/2020
Order Granting Motion for Continuance ---- 6/29/2020 : Codey Lee Spear;Jeffrey Dale Drinski Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 6/29/2020 : Codey Lee Spear;Jeffrey Dale Drinski

09/28/2020
Jury Trial
Session:
07/13/2020 10:00 AM, Rescheduled
Session:
09/28/2020 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Molter, Daniel J

(Nothing on this one since 2019)

State of Indiana v. Garett K Kirts
Case Number 79D05-1902-F6-000263
Court Tippecanoe Superior Court 5
Type F6 - Felony 6
Filed 02/28/2019
Status 02/28/2019 , Pending (active)

03/08/2019
Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 3/7/2019 : Garett K Kirts;Patrick K Harrington

04/01/2019
Initial Hearing
Session:
04/01/2019 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: McVey, Kristen E
Result:
Concluded
04/01/2019
Order Issuing Warrant for Arrest
$250 cash
Judicial Officer:
McVey, Kristen E

Order Signed:
04/01/2019
04/02/2019
Order Issuing Warrant for Arrest ---- 4/1/2019 : Garett K Kirts;Patrick K Harrington

04/02/2019
Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Issued

Thanks for the cookies @Niner!
Is this guy still a viable suspect for the Delphi murders?

Is this guy still a viable suspect for the Delphi murders?

As far as I have read about Kirts, his abhorrent actions and behavior demonstrated that he was capable of the Delphi Murders. I can't see why he wouldn't still be considered a viable suspect by the L.E., in my opinion.

At 3:28 time mark, in the following video, Garett Kirts speaks about his relationship with Ron Logan who he said he's known his whole life.

Kirts does say that he couldn't say where he was those days in February because he was high on drugs. He confirms that he did have a job at Packers at the time. The L.E. did look into employees there at the time.

Planned fight at Kentland Trailer Court led to Nicole Bowen's death

May 17, 2019

After a signed Miranda Warnings waiver, Kirts told police that his current girlfriend Ashley Garth (26 of Delphi, has been charged with assisting a criminal in connection to Bowen’s death) had problems with Bowen. Kirts went on to say that Garth was already at the trailer (lot 20) and he was driving Bowen there so they could hash it out or fight it out.

The probable cause affidavit states that as soon as Bowen arrived and entered the trailer, she didn’t feel comfortable but an argument and physical fight occurred. Kirts then told police that he grabbed Bowen from behind and placed his right arm around her neck and applied pressure for several minutes, causing her to collapse and go unconscious. Kirts than stated that he did not want Bowen to wake up, so he tied a scarf around her neck tightly. Kirts also added that a brown extension cord was also tied tightly around her neck and that it was tied so tight that it caused the cord end to break.

[..]

Kirts confirmed to police during the interrogation that he loaded Bowen’s body into the trunk of a vehicle.

Also according to the probable cause affidavit, Kirts informed police that he contacted Chris Mathis to help dispose of the body. Kirts left the trailer and picked up Mathis at his residence in Kentland and drove around the country until they discovered an area containing a shipping container and an excavator nearby.

[.]

Kirts is facing one count of homicide and Prosecuting Attorney Jeff Drinski has filed notice that he is seeking life without parole based on the aggravating circumstance that Kirts allegedly tortured Bowen while she was still alive.

upload_2020-8-7_22-33-11.png
upload_2020-8-7_22-33-29.png
5ce32df5e136c.image.jpg

GARTH

5ce32df2456c3.image.jpg

BECKLEY

5cab7f7a2a764.image.jpg

PARKER

5ca787b505338.image.jpg

MATHIS

There is a lady on FB saying her uncle RH was murdered (strangled during sex) by GK in March, it has yet to be charged or posted on MSM that I can find. She says the prosecutor has been meeting with RH's mom about it. Her posts are in FB groups but also on Garett Kirt's facebook in the comments on his last post he made I believe. Also implies AG was involved.
Was there ever a criminal investigation on the death of uncle RH that allegedly died during sex with GK, and the alleged cause of death asphyxiation?

Planned fight at Kentland Trailer Court led to Nicole Bowen's death

May 17, 2019

After a signed Miranda Warnings waiver, Kirts told police that his current girlfriend Ashley Garth (26 of Delphi, has been charged with assisting a criminal in connection to Bowen’s death) had problems with Bowen. Kirts went on to say that Garth was already at the trailer (lot 20) and he was driving Bowen there so they could hash it out or fight it out.

The probable cause affidavit states that as soon as Bowen arrived and entered the trailer, she didn’t feel comfortable but an argument and physical fight occurred. Kirts then told police that he grabbed Bowen from behind and placed his right arm around her neck and applied pressure for several minutes, causing her to collapse and go unconscious. Kirts than stated that he did not want Bowen to wake up, so he tied a scarf around her neck tightly. Kirts also added that a brown extension cord was also tied tightly around her neck and that it was tied so tight that it caused the cord end to break.

[..]

Kirts confirmed to police during the interrogation that he loaded Bowen’s body into the trunk of a vehicle.

Also according to the probable cause affidavit, Kirts informed police that he contacted Chris Mathis to help dispose of the body. Kirts left the trailer and picked up Mathis at his residence in Kentland and drove around the country until they discovered an area containing a shipping container and an excavator nearby.

[.]

Kirts is facing one count of homicide and Prosecuting Attorney Jeff Drinski has filed notice that he is seeking life without parole based on the aggravating circumstance that Kirts allegedly tortured Bowen while she was still alive.

View attachment 258770
View attachment 258771
5ce32df5e136c.image.jpg

GARTH

5ce32df2456c3.image.jpg

BECKLEY

5cab7f7a2a764.image.jpg

PARKER

5ca787b505338.image.jpg

MATHIS

Every time I read about what Nicole went through, I feel ill. What wicked and immoral individuals these people are. I hope they all receive the longest sentence possible for their actions. How anyone could sit and watch this happen is beyond me.

Plea deals offered to 4 tied to West Lafayette woman’s torture, murder near Kentland

Nov 22, 2019

Kirts told a detective that he drove Bowen to Parker’s home in a trailer park. Garth was there, as were Parker and Beckley. Kirts told police that he was going to have Bowen and Garth “hash it out or fight it out.”

dbaf5bd8-2933-4a10-b5e1-07f4b4788b83-BOWEN_Nicole_Obit_Photo.jpg

Nicole Brown

Parker, who lived at the trailer home on Newton County Road 1400 South where Bowen died, pleaded plead guilty to assisting a criminal. She was sentenced to one year in prison. According to the plea agreement, Parker also will serve four years in prison for being a habitual offender, based on felony convictions in 2018 for unlawful possession of a syringe in Jasper County and in 2004 for burglary in Tippecanoe County.

[..]

During her hearing in October, Parker said she didn’t report Bowen’s death because she was scared of getting in trouble. She admitted to the judge that she’d hid in a bedroom during the confrontation – “just a normal girl fight,” she’d said – and then had done nothing about Bowen’s death until she was questioned a few days later by police after Bowen’s body found and identified.

Last edited:
Anthony greeno has a video on YouTube that shows where Nicole was found and also the sisters of RH are on there discussing his case and it's all good information IMO
Prosecutor denied RH death homicide to reporter.
Reportedly, death certificate states homicide by ligature.
Charges ever filed? Sounds like this is going to have to wait for this trial to end first.

Charged in Kentland torture-murder, Garett Kirts tied to another strangulation death in White County

So, Hoagland-Hanish was there in the second-floor courtroom of the Newton County Courthouse, among Bowen’s friends and family, saying she’d keep showing up for court dates in another case to wait on what she wants, as spelled out on her custom-made T-shirt.

“Somebody needs to see that justice is done for my son,” Hoagland-Hanish said. “I guess it’ll have to be me.”

White County Prosecutor Bob Guy confirmed to the J&C that he’s waiting for Kirts’ trial to wrap up in Newton County before filing any charges connected to Ray Hanish’s death in Reynolds. He declined to give many details, other than to say witnesses tied to the Newton County death of Nicole Bowen have cooperated in the White County investigation, too.

“His case will play a major role in what we do over here,” Guy said.

“We believe we have a pretty good picture of what took place in White County,” Guy said. “We do not have a murder, I will say that. If there is a criminal act, it would be a much lower level. I’m not even saying there was a criminal act. … We’re, in a sense, playing a wait-and-see game.”

Codey Spear, Kirts’ attorney in the Newton County murder case, did not immediately respond to calls for comment.

Hoagland-Hanish said Guy has been in touch and has told them that whatever happened, Kirts claimed it was an accident. The rest, she and her daughters – Collins and Shar Furst-Prentice – have tried to piece together the best they can

Last edited:
Every time I read about what Nicole went through, I feel ill. What wicked and immoral individuals these people are. I hope they all receive the longest sentence possible for their actions. How anyone could sit and watch this happen is beyond me.

I listened to GK's jailhouse interviews and need to refresh the case. I was thinking about GK saying how much he liked kids, alleging how he was like a father to his then gf AG's son. but apparently had no qualms about leaving two innocent little boys without a mother.

Parker's plea deal seems solid at this point. Parker alleges this was indeed a "girl fight" set up by GF and then gf AG. I think Parker had to pass a polygraph for her deal to be accepted. I've never understood the number of people involved here!

I listened to GK's jailhouse interviews and need to refresh the case. I was thinking about GK saying how much he liked kids, alleging how he was like a father to his then gf AG's son. but apparently had no qualms about leaving two innocent little boys without a mother.

Parker's plea deal seems solid at this point. Parker alleges this was indeed a "girl fight" set up by GF and then gf AG. I think Parker had to pass a polygraph for her deal to be accepted. I've never understood the number of people involved here!

Dear @Seattle1,

I found it sickening when Kirts says during the jailhouse interviews that none of this would have happened (to Nicole Bowen) if it wasn't for "meth". He takes no responsibility for anything - just blames others and "meth".

I didn't expect to hear any empathy from him (which of course we didn't) but the extent to which he's bewildered as to why he is in jail is astonishing! It's almost like he plays the victim.

These are just my opinions.

My heart goes out to Nicole Bowen's family as the trial starts next month. I hope they are surrounded with great support during the trial.

Dear @Seattle1,

I found it sickening when Kirts says during the jailhouse interviews that none of this would have happened (to Nicole Bowen) if it wasn't for "meth". He takes no responsibility for anything - just blames others and "meth".

I didn't expect to hear any empathy from him (which of course we didn't) but the extent to which he's bewildered as to why he is in jail is astonishing! It's almost like he plays the victim.

These are just my opinions.

My heart goes out to Nicole Bowen's family as the trial starts next month. I hope they are surrounded with great support during the trial.

I agree very much. :(

It's also hard to imagine GK only 21 at the time but I'm beginning to think he has quite the past record that would be sealed as a juvenile offender.

I recall GK saying something about being away at rehab around the time of his sister's wedding. This could have been court-mandated for a juvenile offender in lieu of detention.

I think GK is extremely dangerous -- definitely comes across as the personable friend and mate to both men and women. His description of how his then gf AG consumed his every thought is classic. He still seems in disbelief that AG would turn witness on him-- after all he did for her (i.e., even killed the rival).

GK's seeming ability to manipulate so many to assist him to carry out the murder and hiding NB's body is making more sense to me.

MOO

Guess what @Tippy Lynn - someone posted a link to doxpop - and I can GET IN!!!! YEA!!!
animated-smileys-dancing-006.gif
YES! I can access Indiana cases again!!!

Here's an update for the Carroll County cases.

Kirts - Strangulation & invasion of privacy cases - Carroll County

Minute Date: 10/13/2020
Input Date: Unavailable
Type: Status Conference
(9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer: Hawkins, Troy M.)
Special Judge Diener

Minute Date: 08/24/2020
Type: Jury Trial
CANCELLED (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer: Hawkins, Troy M.)
Other
1st Setting

Minute Date: 08/13/2020
Type: Hearing Scheduling Activity
Final PreTrial Conference originally scheduled on 08/18/2020 at 3:30 PM was
rescheduled to 10/13/2020 at 9:00 AM. Reason: Court's Own Motion.

Minute Date: 08/13/2020
Jury Trial scheduled for 08/24/2020 at 9:00 AM was cancelled. Reason: Other.

link: Login

Beckley:

Minute Date: 10/19/2020
Type: Pretrial Conference
(10:00 AM) (Judicial Officer: Molter, Daniel J)

Minute Date: 08/24/2020
Type: Jury Trial
CANCELED (10:00 AM) (Judicial Officer: Molter, Daniel J)
Other
JURY TRIAL(JT)

Minute Date: 06/25/2020
Jury Trial scheduled for 08/24/2020 at 10:00 AM was cancelled. Reason: Other.

Minute Date: 06/25/2020
Pretrial Conference scheduled for 10/19/2020 at 8:30 AM.

08/24/2020
10:00 AM EDT
Cancelled
Event: Hearing: Jury Trial

10/19/2020
10:00 AM EDT
Confirmed
Event: Hearing: Pretrial Conference

link: Login

Members online

Online statistics

Members online