Still Missing CA - William Cierzan, 58, Santa Clarita Valley, 26 Jan 2017 #3

Why has this taken 3 years, but this morning 2-13-2020:

Homicide detectives search home of missing Saugus man
Is there a new lead working the case now? I am to tired to go back and see if it was the original from LASD but possibly a new task force or new info finally came in? Since this article mentioned a second location where blood was found my guess is they may be close to saying more and just need or want some extra evidence to make something stick. That's my hope...I have felt they have had info and kept it quiet and that is why the family has been so quiet for this long. They are waiting for something...

In summary:
Will Cierzan disappeared from his home on January 26, 2017. Surveillance video shows a car matching his nephew Daniel Cierzen’s (24) description leaving the house that same day.

In February 2020 detectives searched the Cierzan home again, and collected additional evidence. This led to Daniel’s arrest for murder, accused of killing his uncle at his home and disposing of his uncle’s body. Will’s remains still have not been located.

Daniel is currently being held at the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station with a $2 million bail. If convicted, he faces 25 years to life in state prison.

FINALLY! Now go after Will’s brother, because we know he helped his kid hide the murder.

Last edited:
Oh My Lord. I never thought I'd see the day. Thank Goodness.

its-about-time.jpg

I can't figure out what kind of evidence found during the home search in February would have led to the nephew's arrest? The nephew was known to visit Will so any DNA of his being there would be moot, yes?

I can't figure out what kind of evidence found during the home search in February would have led to the nephew's arrest? The nephew was known to visit Will so any DNA of his being there would be moot, yes?
Blood evidence that had already been 'cleaned' but not fully? Maybe some slipped down behind outlets or holdings or floorboards?

Most of what I will update is public information. This might add more questions that time will play out. Prior to the revisit to the Cierzan house on Feb. 13, 2020, Daniel was arrested on Feb. 5, 2020 at 6 am but not booked until 1744 hours. LA County arrest #5866609. On Feb. 8, 2020, Daniel was released 249 hours for PC 849 (B) (1):
(b) A peace officer may release from custody, instead of taking the person before a magistrate, a person arrested without a warrant in the following circumstances:

(1) The officer is satisfied that there are insufficient grounds for making a criminal complaint against the person arrested.

In addition to the posted information by GIG TU, the arrest was made at 0357 hours, and booking record is #5982215 at 0410 hours on Friday July 31, 2020 by LASD Surveillance / Appreh. team. Tuesday Aug. 4, 2020 San Fernando Superior Court Dept. "S" Case #PA095020 was his arraignment which I didn't attend as it was not yet in the system. Plea is scheduled again in Dept. "S" Friday Sept. 25, 2020 which I will attend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back