Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

How she got to VBS might have been as simple as the church bus picking up the kids from the trailer park. Or someone that knew the family might have brought her. But it seems like someone knowing the family might have realized she was missing unless the girl's family killed her and left town, cutting ties with anyone local that knew them. But I don't understand how the local person could miss stories about the unidentified remains in the news.

How she got to VBS might have been as simple as the church bus picking up the kids from the trailer park. Or someone that knew the family might have brought her. But it seems like someone knowing the family might have realized she was missing unless the girl's family killed her and left town, cutting ties with anyone local that knew them. But I don't understand how the local person could miss stories about the unidentified remains in the news.

I used to wonder how people missed news like that before I started to talk to Mr. Carbuff about our local serial killer a few years back, and one day right after the news I asked him a question and he said, and I quote, "What murders?"

The one that you had to change your running route for because the police had the street blocked while they recovered the body and searched for more remains, you dummy!!!!

Ahem. Excuse me, got carried away. My point is just that unfortunately there are a lot of people who just tune out that sort of news.

I wonder if it would be possible to confirm that the church bus for the VBS stopped at/near the trailer park she was found by, and if other kids living there went to the same program? Since it's likely she lived in the trailer park, I'm surprised that nobody living there seems to have recognized her. If she went to VBS, she probably wasn't stuck inside all the time.

It's possible she was kept inside and away from others to hide the abuse. Perhaps something happened where she was seen by someone and the abusers couldn't get out of sending her to VBS without drawing more attention to her so they let her go.

I wonder if it would be possible to confirm that the church bus for the VBS stopped at/near the trailer park she was found by, and if other kids living there went to the same program? Since it's likely she lived in the trailer park, I'm surprised that nobody living there seems to have recognized her. If she went to VBS, she probably wasn't stuck inside all the time.
Interesting y’all bring up the possibility of a church bus/van picking kids up...

When I went to the Greater Peace campus, there were three buses; 2 older ones and a newer van (pictured). I will bet one of the drivers remember her maybe!

Attachments

• 727C8D9A-A415-440F-B87E-1F65953EE451.jpeg
    727C8D9A-A415-440F-B87E-1F65953EE451.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 20
Today, I hade the opportunity to meet Alexis Meniefield, the young woman that has been sleuthing the Opelika Jane Doe case from its beginning. She’s also a local figure that has done great for her community. She’s got a great relationship with the Opelika PD and has been an advocate for this young girl who was found literally 100 feet from where this photo of us and my mom are standing.

The guy who took this photo of us was Detective Sergeant Alfred White of the Opelika Police Department, who is also the sole detective working this case! The trip to Opelika today was a success, and I’m looking forward to releasing the podcast on this case soon! She deserves justice!

View attachment 249483
I can attest that Alfred White is the kindest, most helpful, and most dedicated police official I have ever had the pleasure of speaking to. He answered ALL of my questions on the case when I emailed him. He vetted my site which I appreciated as I told him I wasn't a journalist, but explained what I did as someone interested in getting cases like this out there. Thank you for sharing this photo.

Just a pity that Opelika is so small that they wouldn't have the budget to forcefully DNA test everyone. I know some people may be upset by that, but when it comes to cases like this, I honestly think it should be allowed.

It's possible she was kept inside and away from others to hide the abuse. Perhaps something happened where she was seen by someone and the abusers couldn't get out of sending her to VBS without drawing more attention to her so they let her go.

From speaking with Det Sgt Alfred White he followed the lead and no one could remember her getting on or off the bus. The kids there on the day may not be able to give information all these years later as it was reported that Baby Doe kept to herself, and had trouble speaking and interacting with other children so that's another possible dead end.

Although, you would think, given the eye injury, more people would have noticed her. I am surprised only one teacher from the Bible School came forward, but I'm sure Det Sgt White has questioned everyone there.

It's just so frustrating and heartbreakingly sad. They confirmed she is from that area with DNA testing, and Opelika is a tiny town.

I'm not from the US, but would it be possible to obtain warrants for local clinics/hospitals for DNA or medical records? I know this breaches patient confidentiality, but if it's a warrant to try to figure out who this little girl is and perhaps find at least one of her parents, isn't it worth it?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

Exclusions
MP6304 Angelica Livingston 06/10/2006 Lexington SC

That's because her eye had been injured from abuse. These are actual photos of the girl, not reconstructions.

"Forensic testing revealed baby Jane Doe suffered long-term physical abuse at the hands of her killer, leaving her left eye blind and scarred until she was ultimately murdered between 2010 and 2012 when she was three to seven years old."

Opelika investigators hope sharper images turn focus on “Baby Jane Doe” killer
Right I was fully aware they were actual photos. However they are zoomed in and filtered in an effort to remove blur And sharpen the photo that was pixilated which created that zombie look to it. I’ve worked with children with similar issues with their eyes. While yes it is very apparent and obvious it is nothing like those photos.

What about babies born in Opelika addicted to drugs close to the year she may have been born? My friends son has serious speech delays due to being born addicted to heroin maybe that could explain her delay?

"I strongly believe that who ever killed Baby Jane Doe has connections to Opelika, but due to the lack of her identification after 8 years, it is possible that she may be from another area," Opelika Police Department Sgt. Alfred White told FOX 5.
upload_2020-9-15_8-8-54.jpeg

Officials are offering a $20,000 reward to anyone who can help confirm Baby Jane Doe’s identity and lead to the arrest and conviction of her murder.

If you know anything that could help, please call the Opelika Police Department Investigations Division at (334) 705-5220 or the Secret Witness Hotline at (334) 745-8665.
Investigators searching for answers in cold case mystery of Alabama's 'Baby Jane Doe'

What about Jahessye Shockley? She is/was 5, and last seen in Oct 2011. Pretty far away and not sure the time frame is right but they believe she is deceased. She doesn't have a NamUs profile to link to, but she has multiple threads on here...

Does anyone know if Jahessye Shockley has been formally ruled-out yet? Apologies if I missed any discussion about this. (ETA: If not, don't submit it. I read on a similar forum she's been submitted. She is in NamUs.)

Test result reveals new clue in Opelika Jane Doe mystery.

Those pictures of the little girl from the church look similar I hope someone will recognize her and come forward. I would think someone would be missing this girl either family members outside of her home, neighbors someone should remember a kid disappearing or a family with a girl that moves out of the area suddenly.

Does anyone know if Jahessye Shockley has been formally ruled-out yet? Apologies if I missed any discussion about this. (ETA: If not, don't submit it. I read on a similar forum she's been submitted. She is in NamUs.)

The Unidentified Wikia lists her as an exclusion, but I’m not sure how reliable of a source that is:
Opelika Jane Doe

They do look very similar, and a lot of details line up (especially with Jahessye coming from an abusive home.) Alabama and Arizona are pretty far apart, though.

The Unidentified Wikia lists her as an exclusion, but I’m not sure how reliable of a source that is:
Opelika Jane Doe

They do look very similar, and a lot of details line up (especially with Jahessye coming from an abusive home.) Alabama and Arizona are pretty far apart, though.

Yeah - and the testing they did said she was from the Alabama/Georgia area so it would rule out Arizona.

From my site which I won't link as I don't want it to be seen as self advertising but it's on my profile:

DNA & Isotope Testing
After the initial autopsy, and once the FBI got involved in the case around a week after she was found, the remains were sent to their Quantico lab for further testing. Isotope testing was done which confirmed that the child was native to the South of the US, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and/or surrounding areas.

From the DNA collected investigators searched the local hospitals, Department of Social Services, Department of Human Resources, medical centres and schools for a match, but none were found. There was a possibility that the child was never out in public, never attended school or had any medical attention and was kept indoors or away from the public. Authorities did canvass the area, asking about Baby Doe, but nothing was found.

The case is currently being investigated as a homicide and is still active today, almost 9 years after the body was found, with Sergeant Albert White pushing for individuals that know something to come forward.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I am wondering. So many people care about this innocent girl. I hope it's already being worked on quietly...

I was in touch with Sgt White as I covered the case myself and every so often he would send me updates, and they are still actively working on further composites, as well as ruling out potential ID's of other children.

I genuinely believe that she was not known about, and was perhaps hidden away. i.e. neighbours might not have known she existed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back