Renee110

Stop letting criminals off the Hook!
Reaction score
I am having problems with changing and or deleting my profile photo.

I go to Settings.

Then to Edit Profile Photo.

First I chose Option 2-Upload Image From Your Computer. I uploaded a picture, and the new picture does appear above.

When I posted, my old picture is still on my post.

Then I went back and chose delete current image. And my old picture is still there.

I did press Save Changes.....

Am I missing a step?

Thank you muchly!!

I figured it out. I had to change the avatar. :blushing:

I can't seem to upload an avatar. Is there a trick I'm missing?
Did you go to the avatar editor? Under your username options.
Here are some notes I copied from the beta.

Animated GIFS are disallowed.

I cannot tell you how to shrink an image as everybody uses different software. I can give basic tips.

First you must understand that when it comes to images there are 2 types of sizes.

1- image dimensions (our limit is 100(w)x100(h) pixels)

2 file size (our limit is 10kb)

If your image is too big the first thing to do is work on the dimensions. By making the dimensions appropriate for our limits, you will automagically shrink the file size.

Do not just make your image 100x100, if your image is not perfect square to start with it may distort your image. In your software find the current dimensions of your image. First make sure that something similar to "maintain aspect ratio" is selected. Next, take the largest dimension, be it height or width and change it to 100, the smaller of the dimensions should change by itself when doing this. This is all you need to do to get proper dimensions.

Next we work on the file size. You will need to look in your software how you would reduce the quality of the image. Select something around 80% and see if that works, if not then try 70% until you get the file size small enough.

Thanks! The Avatar Editor says 200 x 200 pixels, so it works at 100 x 100
There were a couple of changes with the pixel dimensions so I hope I gave you the latest info. Good luck stamper.

I shrunk mine down to 4kb, but keep getting error message that it must be less than 10kb? :confused:

Brand new here, wanted to change my avatar and the little menu doesn't do anything when I click "Okay" :/ Any help?

I shrunk mine down to 4kb, but keep getting error message that it must be less than 10kb? :confused:
Yes i can't seem to get one uploaded either.... can barely see the image i'm trying t upload and it's still won't go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back