Still Missing TX - Cecilia Huerta Gallegos, 30, mother of 4, San Antonio, 7 July 2019 *Arrest*

seriously! this is terrible. they have some circumstantial video evidence, I hope they have been gathering any and all forensic evidence too.. I'm really sad for Cecelia's family and I hope her babies are doing okay :(
Hoping for justice and SOON!

NOV 13, 2020
Search continues for missing mom, Help Us Find: Cecilia Huerta Gallegos | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
[...]

"A devoted mother, a devoted sister, family member, and it's unlike her to have been away for so long, " said Officer Alisia Pruneda, a spokesperson with the San Antonio Police Department.

Police say Cecilia was reportedly last seen on July 8th, 2019 at her home in the 5600 block of Southwick not far from Ingram Rd. "This case is one where we can not rule out foul play, " added Pruneda.

[...]

This is a case my search group has been working on since July 2019. To date we have yet to find her or her remains. Our DA won't open a case until they have her body even thou the evidence is overwhelming!
Mom of 4 Missing Nearly 2 Months, Husband Seen With Shovels and Chainsaw: Police
NEWS 12:43 PM PDT, September 2, 2019 - Inside Edition Staff
surveillance footage from the family's home and that the recordings did not match up with Reyes' story.

Police said the footage shows Cecilia entering the couple's bedroom on July 7. But the video never shows her leaving the room, police said. "After she enters this room she is never seen again on surveillance footage. Four kids were in the home during this time and the suspect is seen keeping the children away from the bedroom that the wife was in," according to the affidavit.
Authorities said Reyes shut down his surveillance system for nearly two hours the next morning. Reyes is then recorded leaving the house several times in his SUV and "unloading two shovels and a chainsaw," as well as cleaning supplies and trash bags, police said.

The video then shows Reyes showering and calling police, according to the documents.

Cecilia's family has become concerned, reportedly saying she would never leave her children, ages 6 to 14. Cecilia has two kids with Reyes and two from a previous relationship.

Cecilia's sister, Mireya Lopez, told KSAT that Cecilia had recently called her family to say something bad could happen to her. "She had money put up because she was trying to get a house and to put an alarm system in case for their safety," Lopez said, adding that Cecilia and Reyes were having trouble in their relationship.

Reyes was released from custody after posting bond.

Perhaps her parents or the father(s) of the other two children (or guardian on behalf of the children) could file a Wrongful Death suit in circuit court. Sometimes a civil decision spurs the criminal case.

(Hasn't worked yet for the Zahau family. Yet!)

jmho ymmv lrr

@JerseyGirl - I see that this thread is under "Awaiting Trial" - there will be no trial - from my notes:

1/13/20 Update: Case #621133 Assault with bodily injury was dismissed as a material witness was missing. Plead guilty to filing a false police report (#622069) & was sentenced to 6 months on the false report, case #622069, but it only shows a credit for time served of 132 days - just over 4 months.

So this is done....

OMG, this is horrifying. :(

AUG 29, 2019
Husband of missing mother arrested on new charge, affidavit mentions chainsaw
[...]

San Antonio Police said they were called to the couple’s address for a “cutting in progress” call on July 8. Investigators said Gallegos claimed he and his wife had an argument over possible infidelity. He told police the fight turned physical.

His arrest affidavit said he visible injuries to his face, a large scratch mark on his chest consistent with fingernails and a superficial cut on his index finger. According to police, the suspect said his wife cut him on the finger with a knife, dropped it and left the house on foot.

[...]

SAPD did see the victim arriving home from work on Sunday, July 7 just after 7:30 p.m. Investigators said less than 15 minutes later she entered the bedroom she shared with Gallegos. Police said it’s the last time video captured her image.

Investigators said Gallegos is visible on the video trying to keep the victim’s children away from the couple’s bedroom.

On July 8 SAPD said the surveillance cameras were shut off at 2:08 am. Police said they remained that way for nearly two hours. The cameras, per the arrest document, came back up at 3:44 am.

[...]

Investigators said when the video resumed Gallegos made multiple trips to a white Chevy Tahoe. Police said he left the home four times. Three trips were between 2-11 minutes in length. Then, SAPD said he left at 6:27 am and did not return until 8:48 am.

According to police, Gallegos came back to house unloading a chainsaw, shovel, trash bags and cleaning supplies. Investigators said his shirt appeared wet with sweat.

Officers said the video shows he appeared to shower and call police to his home for the cutting in progress call.
[...]

i know im really late, but HOW could he have possibly cut her up and not got blood on himself, and wouldnt it have been detected in the drain of the shower?

i know im really late, but HOW could he have possibly cut her up and not got blood on himself, and wouldnt it have been detected in the drain of the shower?
I would think so. I'm still hoping that he will be charged with Cecilia's murder but apparently they don't have enough to try a no-body case. And that's baffling to me. Sure sounds like they have enough. Man, I wish they would find her. :( MOO

Last edited:
@MsMarple - I'll have bother you (again) on this case since it is in Bexar County & I have no access.
Might there be an initial or arraignment hearing scheduled yet?
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

@MsMarple - I'll have bother you (again) on this case since it is in Bexar County & I have no access.
Might there be an initial or arraignment hearing scheduled yet?
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif
Court Records Search

Case #089653 Events 00020

Mag Case Number
Case Status Date
8/24/2021
Case Status
AWTG INDICTMENT
CM089653
Name
REYES HUERTA GALLEGOS

9/22/2021 PRE-HEARING SET D144
8/25/2021 WARRANT RETURNED 1771910
8/24/2021 BOOKED B20212806201
8/24/2021 BOND SET 250000.00 0000000
8/24/2021 DEF. MAGISTRATED
8/24/2021 WARRANT ISSUED 0000000

Lol, I love that KSAT published what they titled as:
WATCH: Perp Walk Video!
Man arrested, charged with murder in connection with wife’s disappearance in 2019
So satisfying!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88