Resolved PA - Philadelphia, WhtFem 25-46, UP73376, wrapped in plastic in tupperware bin, tattoo, Jul'20 - namus removed

Hi and welcome. Are you sure your post landed in the right thread? This one is about an unidentified woman found in Philly.

Hi,

I saw up thread that people were trying to identify individuals with similar names to “Jossy/Jassy” that passed away on the corresponding date of the Jane Doe’s tattoo.
That is why I posted it here. If I shouldn’t have, I apologise.

Hi,

I saw up thread that people were trying to identify individuals with similar names to “Jossy/Jassy” that passed away on the corresponding date of the Jane Doe’s tattoo.

Oh...my bad. Sorry. I do understand now.

Hi,

Good suggestion, especially considering the date.

Addendum: if the date was in European/international format, it could be November 5, 2008.

Isn't that Guy Fawkes day?

Yes, I’m in the UK and it’s Guy Fawkes/Bonfire night.

Good suggestion, especially considering the date.

Thank you. I did search to see if I could find anything about the mother but I didn’t get anywhere.

Thank you for looking that up! Is there a way to know if any of these Jasmines were from the Philly area? Any obituaries or ancestry lines which might list surviving relatives (mothers/sisters/etc.)? Are any of those women missing?

Not on first glance, but my Google-fu and other skills aren't tip top. ;)

There's actually a Facebook that links missing or found deceased people showing their ink.

Brilliant. Helped find people. I'm sorry I am backward and can't link on this chrome thingie, but there is one.

As far as this poor woman? I'm going t go with came here without papers or got trafficked here. Maybe even up in New York or elsewhere, but I'm sticking with Philly. Someone mentioned the plastic wrap and restaurants. We have TONS of Mexican restaurants in Philly. If indeed the woman is African American we have people from Haiti, Jamaica, Dominican, Brazil on and on.......maybe her family thinks she is thriving in America?

Hoping they find her. I am certain the Philly Detectives want to know just as much as we do. It effects them.

There's actually a Facebook that links missing or found deceased people showing their ink.

Brilliant. Helped find people. I'm sorry I am backward and can't link on this chrome thingie, but there is one.

As far as this poor woman? I'm going t go with came here without papers or got trafficked here. Maybe even up in New York or elsewhere, but I'm sticking with Philly. Someone mentioned the plastic wrap and restaurants. We have TONS of Mexican restaurants in Philly. If indeed the woman is African American we have people from Haiti, Jamaica, Dominican, Brazil on and on.......maybe her family thinks she is thriving in America?

Hoping they find her. I am certain the Philly Detectives want to know just as much as we do. It effects them.

I think you mean this site Missing Ink - Tattoos of the Missing and Unidentified

Could the rose be surrounded with initials S.L.?
Body-Found.jpg

Last edited:
Wow this is the first time I've seen a picture of the container. It's shocking no one saw anything when the giant plastic container was being put on the street corner. The plastic wrap is not going to be an easy lead. Could they do a general search of death records for 5/11/08 to see if they can find someone matching the Jassy name?

Wow this is the first time I've seen a picture of the container. It's shocking no one saw anything when the giant plastic container was being put on the street corner. The plastic wrap is not going to be an easy lead. Could they do a general search of death records for 5/11/08 to see if they can find someone matching the Jassy name?
Yeah, it's not the green tinted plastic moving wrap you can get at Walmart or Uhaul. It's clear like from a restaurant or packages from the grocery store.
Police: Woman's Body Found Wrapped In Plastic Wrap Inside Large Plastic Container In South Philadelphia
upload_2020-8-24_14-39-32.png

Yeah, it's not the green tinted plastic moving wrap you can get at Walmart or Uhaul. It's clear like from a restaurant or packages from the grocery store.
Police: Woman's Body Found Wrapped In Plastic Wrap Inside Large Plastic Container In South Philadelphia
View attachment 261202

Or a package store, or the shipping/packing department of a store or warehouse. I shipped something to offspring in Germany and that's the kind of plastic they used to secure the item to a protective board.

Bless you peace and love. People here see everything, but say nothing. Then they yell and scream how nothing is being done about the violence. Children being shot. Mother's with babies in their arms shot. Every single night AND day there's violence and not "just" gun violence and you see nothing.

This poor woman. I'm going to go with well????? She isn't from here unless someone is way afraid to evn ID her.

RIP sweet lady. I am so sorry.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP73376 Female, White / Caucasian
Status Unidentified
Date Body Found July 15, 2020
Location Found Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Estimated Age Range--
Case Information

Case Numbers
ME/C Case Number 20-4002
Demographics
Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height 5' 5"(65 inches) , Estimated
Weight94 lbs, Estimated

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found July 15, 2020
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 8, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed--

Location Found
Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19146
County Philadelphia County

Circumstances of Recovery Decedent was found badly decomposed in a sealed tupperware bin that had been left on the corner of 30th and Wharton Sts in South Philadelphia.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains --
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description
Hair Color Unknown
Head Hair Description --
Body Hair Description --
Facial Hair Description --
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Eye Description --
Distinctive Physical Features