CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

He’s probably homeless by choice. The night that he partied and his roommate said he acted different after that night, something bad that changed his life could have happened that night. Bryce could have been raped or something that he felt he couldn’t handle what that would do to his parents. He couldn’t focus on his normal life after that so he started drinking. I think he chose to walk away from his life. He’s probably not living in the States anymore or just a homeless hitchhiker by choice.

Last edited:
How does everyone feel about the very real notion, "People can go missing if they want to". Bryce was 19, he has no legal obligation to tell his parents where he is, but after 7 years you'd think he'd reach out to someone. It is not all that easy to just fake your own death and start up a new life; even as a homeless person. I cannot shake that something is connected with Lamondre Miles being killed and his remains burned right at the same location Bryce went missing. It's just too coincidental.

What I can't get over is Bryce's determination to get around the locked gate to the boat ramp area to the point he drove over the embankment and crashed. Also can't get over the lack of seriously searching the lake when the water level was very low. Lamondre Miles's homicide just adds one more twist to Bryce's last known place.

Ive not read these threads, but after seeing the Disappeared episode this week, MOO is that after the failed suicide attempt at the lake, he either tried again and was successful, his body just hasn't been found, or, he made his way to the truckstop and caught a ride and is now living homeless or drifting.

Having taken a break from this case for a while, I looked at my notes again and it occurred to me that Bryce may have intended to let the vehicle roll down the ramp, into the lake, float out and sink. When the gate was locked, he drove around looking for a second way in to the ramp area and ended up going "cross country". At the top of the hill, he may have not seen the drop, released the parking brake thinking it would roll into the lake and when it nosed down over the drop and onto the road, realized he had to recover identifying items in the back and walked off leaving it, as there was nothing he could do to hide it. He then made his way to the truck stop and into a secluded life. Just an alternate scenario that has less to do with suicide and more to do with a decision about the direction of his life.

Bryce, by his friend's, girlfriend's and mother's account, was not acting the least bit normal up to and including the day he vanished. People who have no reasoning cannot be expected to do reasonable things such as successfully staging their own disappearance. In my opinion only, his remains just haven't been found yet. I'm extremely cool with being wrong about this but I don't think I am.

Having taken a break from this case for a while, I looked at my notes again and it occurred to me that Bryce may have intended to let the vehicle roll down the ramp, into the lake, float out and sink. When the gate was locked, he drove around looking for a second way in to the ramp area and ended up going "cross country". At the top of the hill, he may have not seen the drop, released the parking brake thinking it would roll into the lake and when it nosed down over the drop and onto the road, realized he had to recover identifying items in the back and walked off leaving it, as there was nothing he could do to hide it. He then made his way to the truck stop and into a secluded life. Just an alternate scenario that has less to do with suicide and more to do with a decision about the direction of his life.

If I'm not mistaken, they found some blood on the seat. While it could have been from an earlier incident, it may suggest he was in the vehicle when it went down.

If I'm not mistaken, they found some blood on the seat. While it could have been from an earlier incident, it may suggest he was in the vehicle when it went down.

There was a small amount of blood on the front passenger seat headrest, as well as some in the backseat. According to investigators, the rear window was indeed smashed (probably from the crash) but his duffle bag was right next to it unzipped, which they suggested it looked like Bryce had climbed out the back window while taking something from the bag on his way out. The amount of blood in the vehicle was not consistent with a life threatening wound and I also think it's very curious that something appears to have been taken from the bag. He left his wallet, phone, laptop, etc. in the bag and vehicle. What could possibly be so important that he'd take? Cash? Perhaps. Probably not a substantial amount because when Highway Patrol searched his car, they would have questioned a substantial amount of money, such as $3,000+ or so. They wouldn't question him over a smaller amount though, as he was supposedly returning home from college.

I find it hard to imagine someone his age successfully disappearing for this long without any trace. But I could be wrong. I however think it’s more likely that he attempted suicide again and succeeded but has not been found. I am at times torn between the waiting to go home for so long. IMO, this could be only for 2 reasons 1. Debating his decision regarding taking his own life/ being confused due to his mental state OR 2. Waiting for drugs or something important to him. Whether that be a weapon or drugs. I can confirm, when in addiction there is no amount of time too long when you are set on getting what you feel you need.

If he was waiting for drugs, I do not know if he was planning to try and OD with them or what. But in both situations (1 or 2), I do think he had some suicidal ideation going on.

MOO

I hope we find out soon one way or another.

Bryce, by his friend's, girlfriend's and mother's account, was not acting the least bit normal up to and including the day he vanished. People who have no reasoning cannot be expected to do reasonable things such as successfully staging their own disappearance. In my opinion only, his remains just haven't been found yet. I'm extremely cool with being wrong about this but I don't think I am.
These are my thoughts as well. After watching this case since the beginning, I’ve felt that, even trying to hide, he would have been spotted by now. I feel he went into the lake and hasn’t been found.

What I can't get over is Bryce's determination to get around the locked gate to the boat ramp area to the point he drove over the embankment and crashed. Also can't get over the lack of seriously searching the lake when the water level was very low. Lamondre Miles's homicide just adds one more twist to Bryce's last known place.

I could not believe they didn't either.

I have seen this case on Disappeared and it just seems so odd that the LEA seems sure that he had “run off to start another life” Based on him saying he needed to speak with his mother. I’m curious to what else led to this conclusion. I’m inclined to believe he’s in the lake. MOO

I have seen this case on Disappeared and it just seems so odd that the LEA seems sure that he had “run off to start another life” Based on him saying he needed to speak with his mother. I’m curious to what else led to this conclusion. I’m inclined to believe he’s in the lake. MOO
It has always been my impression that the police believed he ran off simply because there wasn't any overwhelming evidence to point to him drowning in the lake or being deceased somewhere in the area. There has never been any evidence released to the public, in my opinion, to substantiate him running off to start a new life, other than the absence of proof that he is deceased. I believe, unfortunately that he is deceased; I would love to be wrong.

It has always been my impression that the police believed he ran off simply because there wasn't any overwhelming evidence to point to him drowning in the lake or being deceased somewhere in the area. There has never been any evidence released to the public, in my opinion, to substantiate him running off to start a new life, other than the absence of proof that he is deceased. I believe, unfortunately that he is deceased; I would love to be wrong.
I know. I would love to hear a happy ending. Bodies of water always make me incredibly suspicious because I feel like when they’re nearby they play a part more often Than not. Unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back