Canada - Dr. Walter Reynolds, 45, brutally killed at clinic, Red Deer, AB, 10 Aug 2020 *arrest*

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/red-deer-doctor-killed-walter-reynolds-1.5681955

“Deng Mabiour, 54, has been charged with first-degree murder, assault with a weapon and assault.

"This was not a random attack and was targeted," Supt.Gerald Grobmeier, detachment commander of the Red Deer RCMP, said at a news conference on Tuesday.

Grobmeier said police have learned the motive behind the attack but those details won't be released until the case works it way through the courts.

He said the victim and accused knew each other through the clinic but declined to reveal further details on their relationship citing doctor patient privilege....”

Wonderful... I assume someone will know the back story soon enough. We can't afford to lose Doctor's for any reason and certainly not for something like this.

Wonderful... I assume someone will know the back story soon enough. We can't afford to lose Doctor's for any reason and certainly not for something like this.

Yes this crime was absolutely deplorable, violently murdering a doctor in the examining room...a doctor dedicated to help people be healthy. I can’t imagine anything more despicable.

Last edited:
The goal for the Go Fund Me page was $20,000, but over $150,000 has already come in. The page says :
"Funds raised by this campaign will solely be used by Anelia, his wife, to pay for travel expenses for her and Walter’s close family from South Africa, funeral expenses, and his daughters' education."

Pathetic, he intentionally takes a hammer and machete into the examining room for a doctor’s appointment and then doesn’t remember anything. Thinking sadly of the Dr’s family and friends, a long road ahead to a conviction, clearly the accused in setting himself up for a NCR defence, at public expense. JMO

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/red-deer-doctor-village-mall-walk-in-clinic-1.5682921
.......”The court clerk read the charges and Judge W. Albert Skinner asked Mabiour if he understood them.

"I don't remember everything in detail," he said. "When I get healthy I will remember everything."

Pressed by the judge, Mabiour said, "I didn't remember everything because I'm sick. I need a doctor."

He then laughed.....

.......Skinner advised him to contact legal aid to obtain a lawyer before his next court appearance on Sept. 9.....”

Pathetic, he intentionally takes a hammer and machete into the examining room for a doctor’s appointment and then doesn’t remember anything. Thinking sadly of the Dr’s family and friends, a long road ahead to a conviction, clearly the accused in setting himself up for a NCR defence, at public expense. JMO

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/red-deer-doctor-village-mall-walk-in-clinic-1.5682921
.......”The court clerk read the charges and Judge W. Albert Skinner asked Mabiour if he understood them.

"I don't remember everything in detail," he said. "When I get healthy I will remember everything."

Pressed by the judge, Mabiour said, "I didn't remember everything because I'm sick. I need a doctor."

He then laughed.....

.......Skinner advised him to contact legal aid to obtain a lawyer before his next court appearance on Sept. 9.....”

What a horrific shame. The community must be livid right now.

I think this despicable character ought to just shut his mouth -

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/red-deer-doctor-walter-reynolds-deng-mabiour-1.5717892
“....Mabiour, 54, went on several tirades at provincial court Judge Bert Skinner, who asked the accused several times whether he understood the charges against him.

"I refuse to say because my case is bigger than this," said Mabiour, who wore a blue inmate jumpsuit and insisted on sitting on the floor of the video room at the Red Deer Remand Centre claiming his knee hurt.

"Why do you not ask me why I killed my family doctor? I killed him for good reason," Mabiour told the judge.

"I don't want a lawyer. I want to talk about why I killed my family doctor. It is a very, very long story."

Reynolds, a 45-year-old father of two, was attacked with a weapon while working at the clinic on Aug. 10. He died later in hospital....”

I think this despicable character ought to just shut his mouth -

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/red-deer-doctor-walter-reynolds-deng-mabiour-1.5717892
“....Mabiour, 54, went on several tirades at provincial court Judge Bert Skinner, who asked the accused several times whether he understood the charges against him.

"I refuse to say because my case is bigger than this," said Mabiour, who wore a blue inmate jumpsuit and insisted on sitting on the floor of the video room at the Red Deer Remand Centre claiming his knee hurt.

"Why do you not ask me why I killed my family doctor? I killed him for good reason," Mabiour told the judge.

"I don't want a lawyer. I want to talk about why I killed my family doctor. It is a very, very long story."

Reynolds, a 45-year-old father of two, was attacked with a weapon while working at the clinic on Aug. 10. He died later in hospital....”

I can't even begin to imagine the nightmare the doc's family is going through with the court case on top of his murder.

Well I’m pretty much convinced this perp is faking lunacy to attempt to avoid a prison sentence. If he doesn’t remember murdering the doctor, why would he want the judge to ask him why he did it? His nonsense must be adding to the tremendous heartache for the doctor’s family and associates. My empathy is with them.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/deng-mabiour-dr-walter-reynolds-red-deer-murder-1.5761517
“.....A judge initially ordered a five-day psychiatric exam to see if the 54-year-old understood the charges against him and was fit to stand trial. Last month, provincial court judge Bert Skinner extended it another 30 days after he said Mabiour was refusing to co-operate with medical staff at the Calgary psychiatric centre and had, so far, not been seen by a doctor.....

.....Mabiour, who an acquaintance has said is from South Sudan, previously told Skinner that he's worried about the justice system in Canada and that he doesn't want "a stupid legal-aid lawyer".

He has also demanded to know why the judge won't ask him why he killed his doctor.

He also told the court that he is sick and doesn't remember anything.

At his court appearance last month, Mabiour suggested the water at the the psychiatric facility was contaminated with COVID-19.....”

I don’t recall the specifics but this is reminding me of a prior trial whereby the accused defended himself hoping for a NCR ruling through the application of various antics. During the trial he nonsensically rambled on, ignored the Judge’s cautions and interrupted the Prosecution and witnesses in till finally he was barred from the courtroom and an assigned attorney stepped in. Although the accused tried to make a laughing stock of our judicial system at least he was eventually found guilty. I see shades of exactly the same thing happening in this case.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/deng-mabiour-dr-walter-reynolds-red-deer-murder-1.5761517
“Provincial court Judge Gordon Yake said an evaluation by Dr. Yuri Metelitsa with the Southern Alberta Forensic Psychiatry Centre found Mabiour does understand the charges again him and the matter can go to trial.

"Mr. Mabiour at this stage is fit to stand trial," said Yake.

He encouraged Mabiour to talk to legal aid and apply for a lawyer.

"I feel he should have some pretty significant legal advice," the judge said.

But Mabiour said he's not interested.

"I don't want a lawyer. I don't want legal aid. This is my decision," he told the court.

"Why would I want to have legal aid?"...”

Trial date -Dec 7th

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/red-deer-alta-doctor-killed-1.5792143
“Last month, a psychiatrist found Mabiour fit to stand trial, despite his behaviour in court. He wasn't given an opportunity to address the court Friday, but appeared via video from Calgary where he complained he needed a chair because he had leg pain.

Mabiour has indicated on a number of occasions that he didn't want a lawyer, didn't trust the Canadian justice system and would represent himself at trial.

That position didn't change Friday at his appearance before Judge Gordon Yake, who ordered the duty counsel to speak to Mabiour.

"I tried to persuade him (about) the benefits of having a lawyer and I could not convince him there is any merit in obtaining a lawyer. One of the things he expressed is that he didn't think a lawyer would follow his instructions," defence lawyer Murray Shack told the judge.

"He is not prepared to apply for legal aid or allow a lawyer."

The prosecution has decided not to seek a preliminary hearing in the case and instead go directly to trial.

Shack said Mabiour didn't want a preliminary hearing either.

"He advised me that his interest is in going to a trial as soon as possible," said the defence lawyer....”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back