AZ - Nick Cordova, 40, murder caught on surveillance video, Gilbert, May 27,2020

Dylansmom08

Reaction score
Murdered Gilbert man described as having a 'heart as big as his smile,' suspects still outstanding
$10,000 reward offered for arrest of Gilbert murder suspect caught on surveillance video

Nick Cordova was in his office video chatting with his children when one or more persons entered the office and took his life police are asking for the publics help to identify the man shown in the above news articles. This man was seen at a gas station shortly after the murder it is not clear why police are interested in this man as a suspect but any help in identifying him would be great.

interview with alysha (nick's wife)and kids.

i posted this one here since it's an interview with the family. i figured that would be ok. but you can check out tyson's channel. he's been following this case for a little while.

the profiling evil gentlemen are also keeping this case updated.

Family seeking answers in Gilbert business owner's death

Here is another video that has some good footage of the person of interest in this case it might help to identify him. There is some question as to wether he is Native American or possibly Hispanic if we can figure that out we might be able to narrow down a specific area of Arizona he would likely be from.

The 911 call from Alysha is simultaneous to the FaceTime call her children were having with Nick. In the call you can hear his partner saying “shot”. DS arrived a few minutes after closing and was there? This whole thing seems like a set up to me. This one is close to home so I’m happy to see a thread! Thank you WS’s for anything you see that has not been brought to light!

Here is the link to the 911 call.

So I have watched the video of this suspect over and over again just trying to find anything that jumps out at me. I've noticed a couple of things right away first being that the guy is most likely right handed now I don't know if that will actually help any but just an observation. Also he is wearing work boots and has what appears to be white paint or some kind of sealant maybe on the front of his shirt. That would lead me to believe that he works either painting or maybe drywall or some other type of construction business. Don't know if any of this helps but hopefully it can spark an idea from somewhere to get this case moving.

So I have watched the video of this suspect over and over again just trying to find anything that jumps out at me. I've noticed a couple of things right away first being that the guy is most likely right handed now I don't know if that will actually help any but just an observation. Also he is wearing work boots and has what appears to be white paint or some kind of sealant maybe on the front of his shirt. That would lead me to believe that he works either painting or maybe drywall or some other type of construction business. Don't know if any of this helps but hopefully it can spark an idea from somewhere to get this case moving.
Thanks for putting up that video Dylansmom08, I hadn't seen that back view footage of him paying and leaving, only the front on, so that's really interesting to see. Great ideas, quite possible he was in the construction business. If I could add something to the mix, it's interesting the silent partner was there that day. Checked the business hours of Gilbert Air on their website and it says they close at 5pm. Interesting .... I know in most businesses as soon as it hits five that closed sign gets put on the door and it's locked. These guys arrive after closing time. The silent partner is there after closing time .... interesting too. Do we know what the tow truck drivers that worked for DS wore, or the workers in the compound yard, haven't seen a pic yet, would be interested to see.

The 911 call from Alysha is simultaneous to the FaceTime call her children were having with Nick. In the call you can hear his partner saying “shot”. DS arrived a few minutes after closing and was there? This whole thing seems like a set up to me. This one is close to home so I’m happy to see a thread! Thank you WS’s for anything you see that has not been brought to light!

Here is the link to the 911 call.
Whoa ..... that's hard to listen to, very, very sad for Alysha and family .... this case needs to be solved. Can hear voices in the background before LE arrive; can make out some words, hard to isolate though. DS seems to have recovered rather quickly from being knocked out or whatever he says happened to him, will go back and listen.

Thanks for putting up that video Dylansmom08, I hadn't seen that back view footage of him paying and leaving, only the front on, so that's really interesting to see. Great ideas, quite possible he was in the construction business. If I could add something to the mix, it's interesting the silent partner was there that day. Checked the business hours of Gilbert Air on their website and it says they close at 5pm. Interesting .... I know in most businesses as soon as it hits five that closed sign gets put on the door and it's locked. These guys arrive after closing time. The silent partner is there after closing time .... interesting too. Do we know what the tow truck drivers that worked for DS wore, or the workers in the compound yard, haven't seen a pic yet, would be interested to see.
I have been trying to dig into that angle too and I find it odd that the silent partner who normally only comes into the office once a month according to Nicks wife was there three days that week Monday thru Wednesday with Wednesday being the day Nick was murdered. Also found it interesting that per the wife Nick always locked the door after the secretary leaves for the day she left at 5pm leaving only Nick and the partner in the office so either Nick forgot to lock the door or he did lock the door and he or the partner unlocked the door to let these people inside. I don't know but something about this seems strange all the way around what reason would these people have to come in and kill Nick but leave the partner? If it was a robbery they wouldn't leave a witness and it hasn't been reported as a robbery just a murder. So I don't really know what to think at this point the partner isn't talking from what I can see.

So the 911 call ends at 5:37 pm and the video of the suspect is at the gas station at 5:33. Does this mean that the guy in the video went directly to the gas station after leaving Gilbert Air? It looks like he either parked at the pump and walked to his car (out of camera range) or just walked away from the gas station on foot.

The Arco + AM/PM store at Cooper and Guadalupe (where the suspect was seen) is two minutes away from the Gilbert Air office.

So the 911 call ends at 5:37 pm and the video of the suspect is at the gas station at 5:33. Does this mean that the guy in the video went directly to the gas station after leaving Gilbert Air? It looks like he either parked at the pump and walked to his car (out of camera range) or just walked away from the gas station on foot.

The Arco + AM/PM store at Cooper and Guadalupe (where the suspect was seen) is two minutes away from the Gilbert Air office.
That is what I'm understanding they ran in attacked the man and got back out of there quick. From what I can tell in that video he was paying for gas because he didn't go anywhere else in the store and didn't have anything in his hand when he left. Why they would choose to go to the nearest gas station I don't know unless their vehicle was running out of gas and it was a have to situation.

That is what I'm understanding they ran in attacked the man and got back out of there quick. From what I can tell in that video he was paying for gas because he didn't go anywhere else in the store and didn't have anything in his hand when he left. Why they would choose to go to the nearest gas station I don't know unless their vehicle was running out of gas and it was a have to situation.

I have struggled to understand how it all fits together. The man shown in the surveillance footage from Arco is noted as the second suspect. LE has said they are still searching for the “second” POI. What and where is suspect #1? Anyone know more details?

I find this bit of body language interesting ....
View attachment 259173
I picked up on that too it seems like a nervous type behavior to me what do you think? If he is the killer then he has everything to be nervous about. Here he is just two minutes down the road from where he just took someones life and he's walking in to pay for gas.

I picked up on that too it seems like a nervous type behavior to me what do you think? If he is the killer then he has everything to be nervous about. Here he is just two minutes down the road from where he just took someones life and he's walking in to pay for gas.
He looks like a thought has suddenly come to him and he looks right at the cashier at that moment ....
He's not wearing a baseball cap, no sunglasses, no attempt at disguise, filling the tank straight after a murder and he doesn't appear to be in any rush. It's odd. What if these two suspects worked for DS and he told 'em to call in after 5 that day to pick up something, collect something because he wasn't going to be out at his usual place of work .... did the pick up, then left. Perhaps DS has something on them, paid them, that's why this fellow hasn't come forward. Total speculation and MOO at this point. Too wacky?

Interesting idea maybe he is not the shooter but the driver maybe the shooter asked him to give him a ride to the shop for some other reason like he had to go talk to Nick or the partner about something so this guy thought he was just doing a favor for a friend until everything went down. If that is the case he could be scared at this point to come forward because now he's wrapped all up in it and afraid he is going down for the murder just for being there.

Police reported that Nicholas Cordova, 40, of Scottsdale, was found dead May 27 inside Gilbert Air, Heating and Cooling at 511 W. Guadalupe Road.

Police didn’t report the death until recently when they needed the public’s help in finding two suspects last seen near Cooper and Guadalupe roads.

One suspect, caught on a gas station surveillance video, is described as a Hispanic or Native American man approximately 5’8” tall, with a heavy-set build, according to a news release. To view the video footage, go to gilbertaz.box.com/s/vk9b1qsv8p4ea2x7693tkbg7iwdldgqj

Police said based on its investigation, the case was an isolated incident.

When asked if robbery was a motive in Cordova’s death, a police spokeswoman said all the information about the case that could be shared was in the release.
Police seek help in probing Scottsdale man’s slaying

Video of Nick's murder suspect, click on link- Box

911 Call with Nick's wife-

GILBERT, Ariz. - The wife of a valley man who was murdered in May is asking for the public's help to find his killers after security video was released of one of the possible suspects.

40-year-old Nick Cordova was killed back on May 27th near Cooper and Guadalupe roads in Gilbert. He was the co-owner of Gilbert Air, Heating and Cooling.

Detectives haven't said how he was murdered, but they say that two men were seen fleeing the scene shortly thereafter.

Cordova's wife, Alysha Cordva, and her children are absolutely devastated. She describes him as a loving husband and father who had a "heart as big as his smile."

7FCF645665A44FF091AFF8F42A34105A.jpg

Murder victim, Nick Cordova, 40
Murdered Gilbert man described as having a 'heart as big as his smile,' suspects still outstanding

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back