GUILTY Australia - Ann-Marie Smith, 54, died in sus circumstances, Adelaide, 6 Apr 2020 *Carer Guilty*

Room where disabled woman sat in chair 'for 12 months' revealed

Another update, including pictures inside the home. The chair Ann was alleged to be left in has been replaced, according to the article.

Also, the carer is advised to be 69 years old, just another indication of a lack of professional curiosity from her employers. Because of the physical demands of the caring role, older carers usually request fewer hours and lighter duties and fair enough. Did they question why a 69 year old woman wants to work seven days a week with a client who needs manual handling, and who would also be required to clean the house, do the laundry, and cook all the meals? This is hard, heavy work. Of course, the carer might be in excellent physical health, but even if she wasn’t, she wasn’t going to retire or ask to share shifts because then she can no longer help herself to Ann’s money. Only when she feared Ann was dying did she call for help.

SafeWork SA says it is investigating Ann Marie Smith's care provider, following State Opposition claims that the organisation applied for more than 30 workers' accreditations in the days after Ms Smith's death.
Opposition spokeswoman for human services Nat Cook has called on the State Government to "take any steps necessary to ensure Integrity Care is shut down immediately".
"So this is one agency — 33 clearances for workers to care for vulnerable South Australians en masse being submitted.
"There is something definitely not right here."

SafeWork SA investigating Ann Marie Smith's care provider following accreditation reports

What a bunch of heartless criminals! It was always about the money and of course, Rosemary Maione, the 'carer' for Ann Marie was a perfect fit!! How many on the books just like RM?! Are all the clients being searched out, are they okay? :(

Last edited:
Tue 8 Sep 2020
Police raid offices of provider who managed welfare of disabled woman Ann Marie Smith

Major Crime detectives investigating her death on Tuesday went to Integrity Care SA at Edwardstown, and a house believed to be the residence of a director at Huntfield Heights, looking for electronic and documentary evidence.
“We know some employees were concerned about operating practices, and we plan to speak to more of them in the coming days,” he said in a statement. “We encourage employees to cooperate in this investigation, so we can ensure this never happens again.

“It’s time for all employees, past and present, to do the right thing and speak to investigators.”
The 68-year-old woman who cared for Smith has been charged with her manslaughter.

Last month, Integrity Care SA was banned from operating under the National Disability Insurance Scheme.

Police raid offices of provider who managed welfare of disabled woman Ann Marie Smith

Grubs. I bet that they have a religious affiliation. I would also like to know if Ann Marie's parents left her the inheritance in cash or in a trust fund? I am not letting her brother off the hook here, who seemed to think that his sister did not exist.
And if her parents did leave it to her in cash, her brother should have safeguarded it from this kind of thing.
He owed her a duty of care.

541b16088a5556c6e293b27683fdbb24

SA POLICE RAID INTEGRITY CARE SA OFFICES
Major Crime detectives are today raiding the office of Integrity Care SA – the organisation in charge of the care of disability neglect victim Annie Smith.

And if her parents did leave it to her in cash, her brother should have safeguarded it from this kind of thing.
He owed her a duty of care.

I'm surprised her accounts weren't looked after by the Public Trustee and Guardian.
"We provide financial and administrative services to eligible South Australians. We help those who cannot manage their own affairs, and those who have trusted us to assist them".
https://publictrustee.sa.gov.au/

I'm surprised her accounts weren't looked after by the Public Trustee and Guardian.
"We provide financial and administrative services to eligible South Australians. We help those who cannot manage their own affairs, and those who have trusted us to assist them".
Public Trustee
Me too. My sister's husband had a terrible mental health crisis and his affairs were looked after by the Public Guardian. They wanted half the value of her house, for him, but he drank himself to death before that could happen. Even so, lots of legal fees came out of that. She got a third of what the home was worth after lawyers had taken their cut.

Me too. My sister's husband had a terrible mental health crisis and his affairs were looked after by the Public Guardian. They wanted half the value of her house, for him, but he drank himself to death before that could happen. Even so, lots of legal fees came out of that. She got a third of what the home was worth after lawyers had taken their cut.

Many don't like the Trustee and Guardian but I've been checking on them all along and they've been doing a great job paying my mother's bills and investments. They've always consulted with me. I wouldn't like to take on the job and I wouldn't trust some of my siblings and their partners to take over. This is the fairest method IMO>

Many don't like the Trustee and Guardian but I've been checking on them all along and they've been doing a great job paying my mother's bills and investments. They've always consulted with me. I wouldn't like the job and I wouldn't trust some of my siblings and their partners to take over. This is the fairest method IMO>
Why is your mother under the public trustee?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back