Found Deceased MI - Jody Dean Howe, 58, Meijer store, Marquette, 23 Aug 2019

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Jody Dean Howe, 58, of Marquette was last seen at his home on August 21.

Police search for missing Marquette man

Jody+Dean+Howe+Missing+Marquette+Man+pictures+august+2019.jpg

His FB, but his last public posts were in 2010:

https://www.facebook.com/jody.d.howe

According to Jody's FB, he is from this area of Michigan (Michigamme), and went to HS in this area (Ishpeming), and now lives in Marquette, MI. Marquette is in on the northern coast of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, right on Lake Superior:

upload_2019-9-3_17-41-48.png
Google Maps

The Michigan State Police page on FB does not have a post about Jody. Here are other MSMs for reference:

Officials Hunt for Missing Marquette Man - Keweenaw Report
Police looking for missing Marquette man
Michigan State Police searching for missing 58-year-old Marquette man - ABC 10/CW 5

So few details! Did he have a car? A cell phone? Was he employed? Did he live alone? With family? Last seen on 8/21 but not reported until 8/28? Was his mail piled up? So many questions and so little published info. Doesn't seem to be any friends or family posting on FB either.

Marquette is a pretty small city with an approximate population of 20,620. Lots and lots of wilderness in the Upper Peninsula in which someone can become lost.

I will be watching for more details.

Re-posted on Michigan Lost N Missing on 9/22. In that post there is a vehicle mentioned - a 2018 Black Ford Cobra. I previously found that he been charged with DUI 3 times in the past with his most recent discharge date of March of 2018. I hadn't mentioned it before because I wasn't sure he had a vehicle and didn't want to cast any negative connotations his way. Now that I know he had transportation as well as 3 previous DUI charges, I'm leaning towards an accident that just hasn't been found. Despite this potential, I'm still praying he is found safe very soon!

Link to DOC record: JODY DEAN HOWE Inmate 473338: Michigan Department of Corrections in Michigan

Last edited:
Re-posted on Michigan Lost N Missing on 9/22. In that post there is a vehicle mentioned - a 2018 Black Ford Cobra. I previously found that he been charged with DUI 3 times in the past with his most recent discharge date of March of 2018. I hadn't mentioned it before because I wasn't sure he had a vehicle and didn't want to cast any negative connotations his way. Now that I know he had transportation as well as 3 previous DUI charges, I'm leaning towards an accident that just hasn't been found. Despite this potential, I'm still praying he is found safe very soon!

Link to DOC record: JODY DEAN HOWE Inmate 473338: Michigan Department of Corrections in Michigan
I had seen that also, and had not posted it for the same reason, but I now think it is a possibility.

That’s a really new vehicle (2018) so he must have had an income or chunk of money to pay for it, insurance, gas, maintenance. Altho - 3 DUIs could mean he’s hiding out because he knows the consequences won’t be pretty.

A forensic autopsy performed at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo confirmed that the victim is 58-year-old Jody Dean Howe of Marquette.

Investigators have not released further details, including the location where Howe’s body was found, the means used to confirm his identity, the suspected means of his death, or why they believe it was a homicide.

Body of Missing Marquette Man Found, Murder Suspected - Keweenaw Report

A forensic autopsy performed at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo confirmed that the victim is 58-year-old Jody Dean Howe of Marquette.
Investigators have not released further details, including the location where Howe’s body was found, the means used to confirm his identity, the suspected means of his death, or why they believe it was a homicide.

I don't see any mention of the vehicle being found?

Wow! That was quite a turn of events on such a quiet case. It's interesting to me that his body was sent all the way to Kalamazoo for an autopsy. Is there something they specialize in at WMU that would help them in this case?

Wow that's kind of a surprise. More information to come, I'm sure.

Wow! That was quite a turn of events on such a quiet case. It's interesting to me that his body was sent all the way to Kalamazoo for an autopsy. Is there something they specialize in at WMU that would help them in this case?
Generally speaking, Universities have much better forensic labs than rural medical examiners do so it's not uncommon for very decomposed remains to be sent off to them for analysis and that analysis can take a very long time as there can be big backlogs so we can't even assume that the remains were found recently. Hopefully there will be justice forthcoming.

I don't see any mention of the vehicle being found?
I am a local and nothing has been said regarding his car. There are a lot of (uncomfirmed) rumors but there are people the police are watching carefully and, as I know the area where he was found ( i grew up a few miles from there), I can say that the only way anyone would think to look there is if someone talked.

I am a local and nothing has been said regarding his car. There are a lot of (uncomfirmed) rumors but there are people the police are watching carefully and, as I know the area where he was found ( i grew up a few miles from there), I can say that the only way anyone would think to look there is if someone talked.
Is there a report with more details about where the body was found?

Been away from WB for a bit....saddened to return and see this news. Hoping for justice for Jody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back