AZ - Nick Cordova, 40, murder caught on surveillance video, Gilbert, May 27,2020

Police seek help in probing Scottsdale man’s slaying

June 24, 2020

Police reported that Nicholas Cordova, 40, of Scottsdale, was found dead May 27 inside Gilbert Air, Heating and Cooling at 511 W. Guadalupe Road.

Police didn’t report the death until recently when they needed the public’s help in finding two suspects last seen near Cooper and Guadalupe roads.

One suspect, caught on a gas station surveillance video, is described as a Hispanic or Native American man approximately 5’8” tall, with a heavy-set build, according to a news release. To view the video footage, go to gilbertaz.box.com/s/vk9b1qsv8p4ea2x7693tkbg7iwdldgqj

Police said based on its investigation, the case was an isolated incident.

When asked if robbery was a motive in Cordova’s death, a police spokeswoman said all the information about the case that could be shared was in the release.

As of last week, over 600 people donated $60,870 toward the $75,000 goal.

Cordova was well thought of and loved by his family, friends and even customers.

Has anyone been able to work out if it would be possible for the suspects to still be in the building at the time of the 911 call, as in those voices in the background? 911 call at 5.30.36 seconds. Suspect enters ARCO at 5.33.49. So you have to factor in the suspects getting back in their car at Gilbert Air, traveling to ARCO, filling the tank up, then walking into the shop. Probably need a re-enactment to compare I guess, but it would be cutting it fine to still be there, do you reckon?

Gilbert police searching for May 27 homicide suspect

June 12, 2020

GILBERT, AZ — The Gilbert Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating one of two people wanted in connection to a homicide that occurred on May 27, 2020.

Police say the incident happened at a business complex near Guadalupe and Cooper roads around 5:30 p.m.

Police arrived on scene and found 40-year-old Nicholas Cordova deceased inside the Gilbert Air, Heating and Cooling building.

The suspect pictured above is described as a Hispanic or Native American male approximately 5'8", with a heavy-set build.

Police have not said what led up to the shooting or if the suspects knew the victim but they say they believe it was an “isolated incident.”

Officials have not released information or a description of the second suspect wanted.

Family seeking answers in Gilbert business owner's death

June 16, 2020

GILBERT, Ariz. — A Scottsdale family is pleading for answers after a husband and father was killed at his Gilbert business at the end of May.

“Life has been a nightmare, a living nightmare," said Nick Cordova's wife, Alysha. "My kids miss their dad. I miss their dad.”

The nightmare began on May 27, the day Nick was taken from his young family.

“I’m trying to stay strong for them, but it’s so hard to be strong when you’re dying inside," she said.

Alysha never imagined her husband would be killed in the middle of a video chat with his own family.

“My kids and I were FaceTiming him when he was attacked," she said. "The kids, they didn’t see anything. It was just kind of like you’d see a phone in a pocket. You saw white. But I knew as soon as my daughter said something is wrong with dad, I grabbed the phone."

RELATED: Recognize him? Gilbert police release photo of wanted murder suspect

Gilbert Police is not saying how he died but is investigating his death as a homicide.

$10,000 reward offered for arrest of Gilbert murder suspect caught on surveillance video

June 24, 2020

5ef444b35b391.image.png

GILBERT, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) - The family of a murder victim in Gilbert is hoping a reward increase will lead to an arrest in the case.

The Cordova Family announced on Wednesday the reward total is now at $10,000 for information that leads to the arrest for the murder of Nick Cordova. The 40-year-old man was found shot to death inside the Gilbert Air, Heating and Cooling building near Cooper and Guadalupe roads on May 27 around 5:30 p.m. One of the two suspects was caught on surveillance video. He's described as a Hispanic or Native American, about 5'8", with a heavy-set build. Investigators believe this is an isolated incident.

Gilbert police seek help in identifying murder suspect caught on surveillance video

[URL='https://twitter.com/GilbertPolice']Gilbert Police Dept.@GilbertPolice
[/URL]

1f6a8.svg
Reward increase

1f6a8.svg
⁣ ⁣ Do you recognize him?⁣ He is one of two outstanding suspects in a homicide that took place May 27th, 2020 near the 500 block of W Guadalupe Road. 40-y.o Nicholas Cordova was found deceased inside the Gilbert Air, Heating and Cooling business. ⁣
Ec2UtwZUEAEF8MK

6:10 PM · Jul 13, 2020

Gilbert Police Dept.@GilbertPolice

1f6a8.svg
Reward increase

1f6a8.svg
⁣ ⁣ Do you recognize him?⁣ He is one of two outstanding suspects in a homicide that took place May 27th, 2020 near the 500 block of W Guadalupe Road. 40-y.o Nicholas Cordova was found deceased inside the Gilbert Air, Heating and Cooling business. ⁣
Ec2UtwZUEAEF8MK

6:10 PM · Jul 13, 2020

I have found no information regarding the other suspect. Have they apprehended suspect number 1?

I'm wondering if they don't have a good picture of the other suspect is why they haven't released anything on that person and why have we not seen mention of a car description? One would think that giving a description of the get away vehicle could be useful in finding out if anyone saw them further away down the road after leaving the gas station or where they went from there.

I'm wondering if they don't have a good picture of the other suspect is why they haven't released anything on that person and why have we not seen mention of a car description? One would think that giving a description of the get away vehicle could be useful in finding out if anyone saw them further away down the road after leaving the gas station or where they went from there.

I'm really sad this is happening here.

We have good video of one POI and he has not been apprehended. As for the other POI, I don't think we even have a description -- I keep seeing the description of the man in the surveillance video.

I can only think of one other time I saw this sketchy attempt to find another POI with no information and it was later revealed that the POI was a police informant that was a valuable asset in another investigation in progress.

I only learned about Nick Cordova on Tuesday through a TD video but let me say that his life mattered and he deserves justice as much as whatever is happening in the background impeding this investigation.

My condolences to his wife and beautiful children. MOO

I'm hoping that LE has more going on behind the scenes that we don't see or hear about in this case. I don't know why they're not releasing the information on suspect two unless they already know who that person is and are just trying to collect evidence to connect them beyond a doubt before picking them up. Hopefully they will be making moves on this case soon his family deserves to have that closure of knowing the persons responsible are going to be behind bars in the near future.

I'm really sad this is happening here.

We have good video of one POI and he has not been apprehended. As for the other POI, I don't think we even have a description -- I keep seeing the description of the man in the surveillance video.

I can only think of one other time I saw this sketchy attempt to find another POI with no information and it was later revealed that the POI was a police informant that was a valuable asset in another investigation in progress.

I only learned about Nick Cordova on Tuesday through a TD video but let me say that his life mattered and he deserves justice as much as whatever is happening in the background impeding this investigation.

My condolences to his wife and beautiful children. MOO

@Seattle1 We are so happy to have you and your sleuthing skills join this thread. Nick and Alysha deserve justice!

The 911 call from Alysha is simultaneous to the FaceTime call her children were having with Nick. In the call you can hear his partner saying “shot”. DS arrived a few minutes after closing and was there? This whole thing seems like a set up to me. This one is close to home so I’m happy to see a thread! Thank you WS’s for anything you see that has not been brought to light!

Here is the link to the 911 call.
That call was horrifying, I could barely breathe just listening.

I mapped the business location, it's a commercial location in the middle of town! And this happened in the daylight. This has got to be a murder-for hire?
Nick reportedly is the nicest guy you would ever meet.

When I read the details it reminded me of the Robert Limon murder that happened in Tehachapi.

Do we know how they tracked down the suspect video at the gas station? That's the clearest video I have ever seen in a case, someone is going to ID that guy pretty quick.

The vast majority of service stations have dozens of cameras at dozens of angles. We see a pic of POI#2 from a few angles, so I'd put my money on LOTS of other pics that they haven't released. The car, POI#1, I bet they have all that. I'd find it hard to believe if they didn't. Who knows why they aren't releasing it, it could be a number of reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back