Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a little late to the party, but does anyone have info on why Mike Kovacs was cleared as a person of interest? All I can find for closure is that he passed a polygraph, but didn't really have an alibi for that night.

So I'm a little late to the party, but does anyone have info on why Mike Kovacs was cleared as a person of interest? All I can find for closure is that he passed a polygraph, but didn't really have an alibi for that night.
The attached 6/17/92 article has Glenn eliminate him as a "primary" suspect, but then interestingly Glenn says he's not been "totally eliminated" in a later Q&A on 7/13/92 (also attached). I wonder why the definitive statement in June is later caveated in July? Draw from that what you will...

Attachments

• 3MW-06-19-1992.pdf
    283.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 3MW-07-13-92.pdf
    156 KB · Views: 11
The attached 6/17/92 article has Glenn eliminate him as a "primary" suspect, but then interestingly Glenn says he's not been "totally eliminated" in a later Q&A on 7/13/92 (also attached). I wonder why the definitive statement in June is later caveated in July? Draw from that what you will...
Interesting... On another thread the only up to date info I found was an obituary for his father mentioning him. According to this website, William M. Kovacs lived at 1631 W Swan St, Springfield MO. The address listed on the protection order case filed against Kovacs is 1631 S Swan, Springfield MO. I couldn't find a 1631 S Swan in Springfield. So I'm guessing there was a typo somewhere.

Also, on Casenet, there are different results for "William M Kovacs", "William Michael Kovacs", and "Michael W Kovacs". However, looking at addresses, I believe these are all the same person.

Refresh my memory; who is Mike Kovacs?

Refresh my memory; who is Mike Kovacs?
Mike Kovacs was Suzie Streeter's ex-boyfriend. She filed a restraining order against him, but didn't show up in court. I think it's worth noting that the article states that he was making harassing phone calls. It also says there was a woman with Kovacs. ??

Attachments

• clipping_26904321.pdf
    764.6 KB · Views: 29
Mike Kovacs was Suzie Streeter's ex-boyfriend. She filed a restraining order against him, but didn't show up in court. I think it's worth noting that the article states that he was making harassing phone calls. It also says there was a woman with Kovacs. ??
OK, thanks. I think that multiple Mikes have been mentioned; I can't keep them straight.

I am honestly confused.
Janelle, Stacy, and Suzie had all planned to drive to Branson that night. Around 10:30 we know the plans changed because Stacy called her mom and said she was staying at Janelles house.
Then they were going to stay at Brians house but he was afraid his parents would come home that night. So now they are back to Janelles at 2:00am.
Why would Suzie be "begging" people to stay with her at her house all night if she had planned on staying at Janelles or Brians house?

I am honestly confused.
Janelle, Stacy, and Suzie had all planned to drive to Branson that night. Around 10:30 we know the plans changed because Stacy called her mom and said she was staying at Janelles house.
Then they were going to stay at Brians house but he was afraid his parents would come home that night. So now they are back to Janelles at 2:00am.
Why would Suzie be "begging" people to stay with her at her house all night if she had planned on staying at Janelles or Brians house?
This bothers me as well. Something about the whole timeline from the Kirby’s does no make sense.

I don’t believe there was any finalization of the trip to Branson , no motel rental booked ect . One could ask Nigel for confirmation .
You don’t show up on a late weekend night in the summer , and hope to find a vacant room .

I am honestly confused.

It has always bothered me as well that Suzie seemed to not want to be at home with only Sherrill there ...Also , Suzie had felt ill after graduation ...Could have been alcohol , excitement of the parties , graduating ....Could Suzie have been threatened and was afraid before graduation day ? The fact that something seemed to be bothering Suzie and since she disappeared a few hours after leaving Janelles home makes you wonder ...

I know an older man was arrested for making prank phone calls, but could it be possible that someone else was prank calling them all week teasing about something happening that night? Just a thought

I am honestly confused.

Precisely a question i have asked here b4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa