CO CO - Terri Ackerman, 56, Lochbuie, 24 Aug 2018

Click the blue word Report in your post, and ask that a moderator add date & location of your Mom's disappearance in the thread title. Some people are interested in places, the dates can help group similar crimes & establish other patterns.

Become a Verified Insider for your Mom's case. That way, you'll be able to post without adding a link every time:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Lochbuie grandmother still missing

Daughter of missing woman believes case has been overlooked | FOX31 Denver

Off the wall, but how about having a life-size cardboard cutout of your Mom printed, and driving in every parade in your area, asking for information & help???
cardboard-cut-out-collage-of-ideas.jpg

Life Size Cardboard Cutout & Standees - Create yours Here

Not promoting any company, found this one using Google. A local office supply store might donate one to your cause?

So sorry to learn of your experience!

JMHO YMMV LRR

I am new to this so I hope I am doing this right. I need your help please. My mother is still missing and the police have nothing. We believe her estranged husband and his son know what happened to her. I have ran out of ideas and not sure what else I can do. Can anyone help me or have any suggestions on what I can do next?
I'm so sorry to hear about your missing mother. This must be so difficult for you!
How often do you check in with your local law enforcement. Sometimes being a bit of a"squeaky wheel" can be helpful just to keep the case in the forefront of their minds. I'm afraid I'd totally make a pest of myself. What is their theory? Do they think she is voluntarily missing? Did they do a thorough search of her home for evidence of foul play?
And yes, I agree that a private investigator might be very helpful but may be expensive. I hope you find answers.

Laughing..Thank you for your response! That is all good information you provided for me. Thank you for also attaching the links too. Im going to get started on that, your awesome thank you!111
Click the blue word Report in your post, and ask that a moderator add date & location of your Mom's disappearance in the thread title. Some people are interested in places, the dates can help group similar crimes & establish other patterns.

Become a Verified Insider for your Mom's case. That way, you'll be able to post without adding a link every time:

Off the wall, but how about having a life-size cardboard cutout of your Mom printed, and driving in every parade in your area, asking for information & help???

Not promoting any company, found this one using Google. A local office supply store might donate one to your cause?

JMHO YMMV LRR

JMHO YMMV LRR

Thank you for that information! I thank you for also attach the links on her story as well. At this point I am willing to try anything. I have ran my brain dry trying to come up of other things to get her story back out there. I truly appreciate your insight, and I will start working on it tonight. Your awesome thank you!

I'm so sorry to hear about your missing mother. This must be so difficult for you!
How often do you check in with your local law enforcement. Sometimes being a bit of a"squeaky wheel" can be helpful just to keep the case in the forefront of their minds. I'm afraid I'd totally make a pest of myself. What is their theory? Do they think she is voluntarily missing? Did they do a thorough search of her home for evidence of foul play?
And yes, I agree that a private investigator might be very helpful but may be expensive. I hope you find answers.

Thank you. I reach out to the police so much and all they tell me is when and if they find something out, I will know. No leads, no witnesses, and no sightings of her. I am beyond frustrated with them because they failed my moms case the first day she went missing. They assumed because she was BiPolar, that she chose to leave. She has never done anything like that. She was wanting a divorce from her husband and things were rocky between them. He drank excessively and was very verbally abusive. We believe he did something to her but the police say they dont have evidence which they would have if they would have searched his truck for prints. They never did and that truck was missing the day the dogs were sniffing the property, as if he hid it.

I just know in my heart my mothers husband killed my mom Terri Ackerman of Lochbuie, CO. She was crying the night before she disappeared when she called me. Her husband reports her missing but never called me first to see if I had seen her. K9 dogs search his property the next day, but find it so coincidental that his truck he always drove was not there? It all just makes no sense.

I am so sorry for your loss.

How long ago was this?

Have you spoken to the police about your concerns and suspicions?

ETA:
Daughter of woman who disappeared frustrated, worries August case was overshadowed – Greeley Tribune

"... 56-year-old Terri Anne Ackerman, disappeared from her Lochbuie home Aug. 24. Carolus said Terri left behind items she would consider essential, including her keys, phone, wallet and three new packs of cigarettes she just bought.Search efforts yielded little to no results, and the Lochbuie Police Department is out of leads.

Carolus is a dispatcher for law enforcement in Adams County and familiar with missing persons cases, but she can’t understand this one.”I get it,” Carolus said. “People disappear. They leave, they come back. But to not come back for three months and there not be a trace of anything?”

Carolus described her mother as a friendly person with a heart of gold who would do anything for her family. She said her mother’s life was quiet, consisting of watching her granddaughters, running errands, reading books and watching the Lifetime channel.”If she decided she was going to walk off, she would have told someone,”..."

”Carolus said Terri left her home about 4:30 p.m. Aug. 23 and called Carolus about 7:30 p.m., crying and saying that she couldn’t watch her granddaughters the next day. Carlous said she doesn’t know why Terri was crying, but remembered her being “down on herself” when she left earlier that day.Carolus said her mother regularly takes medication for bipolar disorder, but she said the disorder was “manageable” and doesn’t think it could have contributed to her disappearance.

Carolus said Terri told her on the phone she hadn’t slept in a while, and Carolus recommended she do so.The next day, Carolus said Terri’s husband of seven years, Delbert “Dale” Ackerman, showed up at her door to watch the kids, saying he and Terri didn’t want to leave Carolus without child care. Carolus said her husband had already taken off work to watch the girls, and Dale left the home about 1:30 p.m.[swift-infobox title=”Have info?”]Anybody who has seen Terri or knows of her whereabouts is encouraged to call Lochbuie police at (303) 659-1395

Dale called police that afternoon and reported Terri as missing, and called her about 8 p.m. to tell her he had made a report.”I couldn’t believe it,” Carolus said. “I was like, ‘What do you mean she’s missing?’ She’s never done that once her whole entire life.”On a Facebook pagecreated to raise awareness of Terri’s disappearance, a post alleges Lochbuie police haven’t done all they can in the search for Terri.Lochbuie police Chief Tracey McCoy said he understands the family’s frustration, but the 10-man department has done its due dilligence, including”exhaustive” searches of open spaces with dogs and drones, canvassing neighborhoods, following up on leads, and reviewing surveillance footage all over the about 7,000-population town, to no avail.The Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been involved since the beginning, McCoy said, and the department has submitted the case file to the Weld County Sheriff’s Office and the district attorney in hopes they might catch something Lochbuie police didn’t.
Screen-Shot-2018-12-02-at-12.43.28-PM-228x300.png

Terri Ackerman (Facebook)
“There has been no information and we’re frustrated about that, as well,” McCoy said. “We all want to find her.”The Facebook post states the family feels Terri was a victim of foul play, but McCoy said there’s no evidence to support that or a potential suspect. Because of that, McCoy said he cannot determine whether Terri is in danger, but he said the length of time she has been gone is concerning.Carolus said she thinks Terri’s case might have been overshadowed by the Christopher Watts triple-murder case, which broke about two weeks before Terri disappeared, because many people aren’t aware Terri is still missing.Carolus and other family members have contributed their own search efforts, including putting fliers up in areas such as Lochbuie, Brighton and Denver, and she and her brother searched fields near their.....

Last edited:
August 24th will be 2 years. Yes, I have spoke to the police about it and they keep saying theres not enough evidence. Her husband verbally abused her all the time and was a raging alcoholic. She wanted a divorce amd left my house the night before crying saying she did not want to go home. She was supposed to watch my kids the next day but called me that same night to tell me she wouldn't be able to and was very short. The next morning her husband shows up to my house unannounced saying he would watch them. He stayed over till 130 knowing I did not need him because I called out already. He called me at 830 pm on the 24th to tell me he filed a police report because my mom was missing. Everything of hers was still at their house including her purse, wallet, debit card, id card, cell phone, keys to her car, vehicle was still there. It makes absolutely no sense. She has never done anything like that.

August 24th will be 2 years. Yes, I have spoke to the police about it and they keep saying theres not enough evidence. Her husband verbally abused her all the time and was a raging alcoholic. She wanted a divorce amd left my house the night before crying saying she did not want to go home. She was supposed to watch my kids the next day but called me that same night to tell me she wouldn't be able to and was very short. The next morning her husband shows up to my house unannounced saying he would watch them. He stayed over till 130 knowing I did not need him because I called out already. He called me at 830 pm on the 24th to tell me he filed a police report because my mom was missing. Everything of hers was still at their house including her purse, wallet, debit card, id card, cell phone, keys to her car, vehicle was still there. It makes absolutely no sense. She has never done anything like that.

Yes, hard to imagine she took off, if she didn't take any of those essentials. Who leaves on a trip without their car, ID, debit card and cell phone? You are right it makes no sense.

Only two ways that she would want to do it that way. One, if she had a wealthy friend willing to pick her up and then take care of her and her expenses. But I doubt that happened.

Or two, she walked out while having a meltdown, and didn't care about those things at the time. But I think if that happened, she would have been seen by others, and been found by now.

Of course the other scenarios would be that she was taken from the home by force.

I am pretty jaded, from seeing so many cases here where missing women were actually murdered by their partners or by predators.

I share your suspicions about her husband. But if the police did look at him as a suspect, I guess they did not find anything that could point to him?

And why would he leave all of her things behind if he wanted it to look like she ran off?

Did they investigate him at all? Interrogate him, search his truck ever?

You said it was gone the next day. Did you tell the police about his missing truck?

Is there a possibility that someone else took her away from the home? Could she have called someone for help, and that person betrayed her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back