• anne_marie_robinson_2.jpg
Robinson, circa 1972

• Missing Since01/03/1972
  • Missing FromLong Beach, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth05/27/1930 (88)
  • Age41 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA royal blue three-quarter length velvet coat, a red knit suit with a three-quarter-length jacket with white lines, and red patent leather shoes.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Robinson may use the last names Luoma and/or Takaluoma.
Details of Disappearance
Robinson was last seen on January 3, 1972. She disappeared after leaving work at the Pacific Telephone Co. office in the 16200 block of south Vermont Avenue in Gardena, California, where she was an assistant traffic manager, between 11:15 and 11:30 p.m.

Robinson never arrived at her home in the 1800 block of College Park Drive in Long Beach, California, and has never been heard from again. Her car was found abandoned, with a flat tire, two few blocks from her workplace. The vehicle was unlocked and its contents undisturbed.

It's uncharacteristic of Robinson to leave without warning and she usually either came directly home from work or called her husband to say she would be late. She is considered missing suspicious circumstances and her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
Source Information
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 9, 2016; picture added, details of disappearance updated.

Hello I would like to know if anyone has any more information on Anne Marie’s disappearance, her case is not on the doe network but I will probably submit it soon. If you have any information please post here.

Does anyone have any information on Anne’s case?? I have been trying to find info but have been unsuccessful. Please try and gather info and post it here.

Born Anne Luoma and married Wayne Robinson in Marquette, Michigan in 1949. Wayne F Robinson died in 2017 back in Michigan (see his obituary at WAYNE F. ROBINSON which confirms Anne as his first wife). I assume the daughter listed in the obituary is from Anne as great grandchildren are also listed meaning the daughter must be too old to be from the second marriage.

I wish to gain more info on Anne’s case.

I wish to gain more info on Anne’s case.

You start with what is available. There is no more coverage in newspaper archives (other than that listed). Therefore the best source of information extant are the family. I have provided that information and it is your decision how to use it.

Ok, I will probably collect more info from Namus because I am in contact with them. I will contact the family in the future.

upload_2018-9-8_22-18-31.jpeg

This is on Newspapers.com. It looks like Anne is a presumed homicide victim. I’m not a Premium member so I can’t view the whole article.

I’m going to submit Anne’s case to the doe network when submissions are allowed.

I feel that she may have been a victim of either Ted Bundy or Edmund Kemper. I also feel that the case of Sherry Jean Pickle is linked to this case.

Welcome to Websleuths, Kkalio. What do your relatives remember about your great grandmother's disappearance? What do they say she was like?
I believe Anne Marie's case may be connected to that of Cindy Lee Mellon who disappeared from Ventura County in January 1971.
I also find similarities with this case: Jacqueline Ann Gasperian – The Charley Project
The idea of a "good samaritan" feels very likely.

Just stumbled upon Anne's case while looking for a match to this unidentified woman who was discovered in Florida during April of 1972. It's definitely a reach considering the distance but the facial resemblance really stood out to me (I think it's the cheeks). Parabon has created the facial reconstruction of the Doe and they have additional phenotype info listed in the PDF on her Namus page.

Photo of Anne on the left, Jane Doe is the last two

1658800578723.png 1658800925652.png 1658800952383.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member