Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Attributed to Trevor…who may or may not have even been there.

“Every morning early, we’ve been gathering and creating a game plan, and we just sent a bunch of teams out. We have our biggest crew yet today going out. Again. We’re working all day from when the sun comes up til the sun comes down, scouring every hill, every creek , every watershed looking for our beloved family member’

Hmmm…Clearly sounds like Barry speak to me.

And the next line should have been….I'd climb every mountain, And swim every ocean, Just to be with you, And fix what I've broken
Actually, this interview is an audio file from the site of the search. It will seem a lot more realistic if you listen to it. I do want to give TN and the family credit for the efforts they did make. I am doubtful that TN is lying about something that is happening in real time. If you say a large search party just went out, while on site, to a local news station, it would be pretty easy to vet.

I am doubtful that TN is lying about something that is happening in real time. If you say a large search party just went out, while on site, to a local news station, it would be pretty easy to vet.
To be clear..no problem here with Trevor and his sincerity, I don't doubt it at all. The fact remains, apparently it isn't vetted. And to the comment in another post that the family was too busy to possibly even think of taking a picture of the event/search party? I can't buy that at all, that is what that generation lives for (not saying it's bad BTW) but no problem throwing up a FB page and GM page within hours and not a post or a picture of this search party????, Or not using the "find Suzanne FB page" to ask for help with organization and find volunteers for a search party, ...or her personal page, or any of their pages? come on...Trust me, they know how to use SM and don't let an opportunity go by IMO.

Last edited:
Adding that Lauren Scharf further clarified in a reply on her Facebook post, it was CBI who had talked with SM’s relatives and was the source of the information regarding the data, polygraphs and voice critical analysis.
LS contacted CBI who then referred her back to the lead agency CCSO. Of course, standard reply...”ongoing investigation...”

Time for SM to be brought home!
BBM
I didn't know this...
Wow!
:0)

I apologize...I don’t know the rules of the gimme fund. I’ll check it out.
Oh, sorry about that, you needn't apologize !
I was wondering in general.
I've my own thoughts about the funds being used for someone's defense, but they aren't very complimentary --so I'll just say that if the monies aren't being used to find Suzanne they should be returned.
If BM has 100k at his disposal he never needed a gimme fund in the first place.

Way back in the earlier days of Suzanne's case-- it was posited that the funds are supposed to be accounted for; but maybe the guidelines vary with each case ?
Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
RSBM

Attributed to Trevor…who may or may not have even been there.

“Every morning early, we’ve been gathering and creating a game plan, and we just sent a bunch of teams out. We have our biggest crew yet today going out. Again. We’re working all day from when the sun comes up til the sun comes down, scouring every hill, every creek , every watershed looking for our beloved family member’

Hmmm…Clearly sounds like Barry speak to me.

And the next line should have been….I'd climb every mountain, And swim every ocean, Just to be with you, And fix what I've broken
Well I believe you nailed it.
Something just "ain't" right with this case.
It's puzzling.
Almost as picture perfect as a social media photo.
Every "i" dotted, and "t" crossed.
Imo.

Beats me on the lack of posting. Maybe a distraught family who is searching and exhausted does not find taking photos and selfies top priority. MOO, I think the documenting is the job of the media. Maybe it’s a small town thing, but I’ve not been totally thrilled with the early media coverage.

MOO. The lack of media coverage is probably due to the size of the small town, lack of any real investigative journalists in the area. Lauren Scharf, with Fox News, is based in Colorado Springs, iirc. She has a 2 hour drive to get to Salida. And this can’t be the only news she covers. It’s not like the Gannon Stauch case, where reporters were camped outside the family home in the suburbs of Colorado Springs. I live in the Midwest, and I honestly hadn’t heard anything about the SM case until I found it on WS. I spent a few days reading thru initial threads & posts catching up on the latest developments.

My initial, gut reaction was this was premeditated bc of the coincidences in timing, and I knew nothing about the couple’s history, SM’s cancer, etc. And I feel even stronger now this was premeditated, out with the old, in with the new, and money. One of my first posts on this case, I asked if he was disappointed she had survived the latest cancer battle.

My Message to BM - Confession is good for the soul!

To be clear..no problem here with Trevor and his sincerity, I don't doubt it at all. The fact remains, apparently it isn't vetted. And to the comment in another post that the family was too busy to possibly even think of taking a picture of the event/search party? I can't buy that at all, that is what that generation lives for (not saying it's bad BTW) but no problem throwing up a FB page and GM page within hours and not a post or a picture of this search party????, Or not use the find Suzanne FB page to ask for help with organization and finding volunteers for a search party, ...or her personal page, or any of their pages? come on...Trust me, they know how to use SM and don't let an opportunity go by IMO.
This !!! You said it so much better than my attempt - this group had no problem setting up FB and funding page yet they don’t publicize their searches ? I remember WS members donating water when we searched for Caylee - same when the dive team was at the park - It was all over the media and that was years ago before twitter and IG etc /there is no evidence of any searching at all that I have seen anywhere not even a comment like -“ wow a great group of people helped out today” so I remain a skeptic IMO

If SM was discussing an upcoming wedding with a friend, naturally discussions surrounding relationships, love, etc. may come up. If SM expressed unflattering commentary about BM, perhaps this upset him...

Another idea is that perhaps SM expected a certain level of treatment for Mothers Day, but BM disagreed, thinking he is the breadwinner, but "she is only a stay at home mom". This could be the source of an argument.

Or perhaps the move to Colorado continued to be a source of tension. Perhaps he felt she wasn't appreciative of their expensive home and his hard work.

Any number of things can spark an argument between a couple.

Of course LE know the content of any messages with the friend, which might provide some clue.

In the discussion about the upcoming wedding, as the time was extended, the ladies perhaps discussed their own situation (their marriages).
IF SM stated some negative facts, BM, having a temper, may have exploded, cutting off the conversation.
We then, come to SM being missing.
MOO.

Imagine for a second that a woman goes missing.

Her vehicle is found a quarter of a mile from her home, deep down in a ravine.

Law enforcement never discusses the involvement of that vehicle in her disappearance, that she was driving down the road, appeared to have been in an accident, color/make of car, etc.

Unheard of!

IMO the investigators do not believe Suzanne’s disappearance is tied the bicycle ride.

Thank you FairIsle.:):):)

Your analogy is spot on, and your last line is perfect.
MOO.

To be clear..no problem here with Trevor and his sincerity, I don't doubt it at all. The fact remains, apparently it isn't vetted. And to the comment in another post that the family was too busy to possibly even think of taking a picture of the event/search party? I can't buy that at all, that is what that generation lives for (not saying it's bad BTW) but no problem throwing up a FB page and GM page within hours and not a post or a picture of this search party????, Or not using the "find Suzanne FB page" to ask for help with organization and find volunteers for a search party, ...or her personal page, or any of their pages? come on...Trust me, they know how to use SM and don't let an opportunity go by IMO.
bbm
Yep.
Ita .

About there being little evidence of TN's massive search parties :
1. They never happened as even locals would've noticed or been asked to assist.
2. Someone put a halt to any such searches; except for themselves walking by the area where the bike was found, and possibly falling into the river and getting wet.
MOO

Just watched the PE guys on a YouTube live ( not their channel, they are guests). I guess I can mention the name? It’s a crime.
Regarding the Saturday texting with her friend that suddenly ended, Chris said the friend “ went into panic mode “ .

Chris announced that the 2 cars in driveway are “ the 2 Range Rovers”

The host did not ask a follow up to that. Wish the guys had been able to talk more. It’s still going on but they have switched topics.

Just watched the PE guys on a YouTube live ( not their channel, they are guests). I guess I can mention the name? It’s a crime.
Regarding the Saturday texting with her friend that suddenly ended, Chris said the friend “ went into panic mode “ .

The host did not ask a follow up to that. Wish the guys had been able to talk more. It’s still going on but they have switched topics.
bbm
Hmm.
Must have been a previous reason for that to occur ?
Imo.

I've not seen Fox21's LS FB since last night but in reference to the Crime on Line report (quoted below) by another one of our respected reporters, she was very clear that 1) CCSO declined to comment on information citing SM's unnamed family member, and 2) family did not elaborate on how information from BM's vehicle differed from what he told investigators. This may be all the family knows -- the data differs and LE or other source did not give them any specifics on how/why!

It does not follow that the private poster thinks she's entitled to a personal explanation from CCSO greater than provided the professional journalists seeking additional confirmation of news they did not personally source (i.e., Crime on Line cites Fox21 and not the family member). I also don't think LS owes the poster (***) any favors. LS knows her source and reported responsibly. I think we're seeing just another sound reason why WS does not allow info from fb groups, etc. on this forum. MOO
If I may ask... did PE ever directly say which branch of LE went to Indiana and spoke with relatives in the first place? I mean there are ... what ... 3 - 4 agencies working this case. IF the sheriff denied anything ... maybe it’s because HE didn’t say anything... JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Two Range Rovers. Curiouser and curiouser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member