Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may ask... did PE ever directly say which branch of LE went to Indiana and spoke with relatives in the first place? I mean there are ... what ... 3 - 4 agencies working this case. IF the sheriff denied anything ... maybe it’s because HE didn’t say anything... JMO.
Exactly ! My guess ? FBI or CBI
JMO

If I may ask... did PE ever directly say which branch of LE went to Indiana and spoke with relatives in the first place? I mean there are ... what ... 3 - 4 agencies working this case. IF the sheriff denied anything ... maybe it’s because HE didn’t say anything... JMO.
I thought Lauren mentioned on her FB post CBI was the one who went to IN last week to speak and interview family.

Just watched the PE guys on a YouTube live ( not their channel, they are guests). I guess I can mention the name? It’s a crime.
Regarding the Saturday texting with her friend that suddenly ended, Chris said the friend “ went into panic mode “ .

Chris announced that the 2 cars in driveway are “ the 2 Range Rovers”

The host did not ask a follow up to that. Wish the guys had been able to talk more. It’s still going on but they have switched topics.

I find the text message panic thing interesting. I wouldn’t go into a panic if a friend and I had been chatting and it stops suddenly. I’d just assume something had distracted them or come up. Digital conversations often aren’t like telephone chats where you say hello, chat and then say goodbye. They can run over days or even weeks intermittently.

If the friend did panic it must have been down to either knowing that SM always said goodbye or being worried about her for some other reason. Possibly health, but could be something else of course.

I still maintain that the item found on the road belonging to SM early in the case is a piece of clothing. The Sheriff referred to found object as an "item". BM, in the surreptitious video, called it an "article ". I think that was a slip of the tongue.

LE is satisfied that the item unquestionably belongs to SM, yet BM states that "they won't tell us what it is." So how can LE be so sure? If the item is that teal/baby blue bike helmet, her photo would confirm it, along with the fact that perhaps her helmet is missing.

Anyway, it makes sense that if the bike was staged, the "item" might be a biking shoe, the helmet, or some other biking apparel. An article. I'd bet my retirement savings on it.
My issue with the item is ... IF she was abducted and the perp loaded her up then SHE would have had to have thrown the ITEM out the window because the item was found on the right side of highway - which would mean the driver couldn’t throw it out - and why would he throw anything out???? Maybe I’m not thinking about it right or picturing it correctly but it seems STAGED to me... like a bad movie where the victim throws something out leaving a clue as to which direction she was being taken. MOO

I find the text message panic thing interesting. I wouldn’t go into a panic if a friend and I had been chatting and it stops suddenly. I’d just assume something had distracted them or come up. Digital conversations often aren’t like telephone chats where you say hello, chat and then say goodbye. They can run over days or even weeks intermittently.

If the friend did panic it must have been down to either knowing that SM always said goodbye or being worried about her for some other reason. Possibly health, but could be something else of course.
I would have agreed until this past weekend when my BFF suddenly stopped texting AFTER I had asked a question. She didn’t respond and I started freaking out - calling everyone - thinking something was wrong.
She was fine, and we have left one another hanging at times... but I knew she was traveling so it scared me.
And ... If she had come up missing the next day ... I would have definitely known exactly what time someone got her.

My issue with the item is ... IF she was abducted and the perp loaded her up then SHE would have had to have thrown the ITEM out the window because the item was found on the right side of highway - which would mean the driver couldn’t throw it out - and why would he throw anything out???? Maybe I’m not thinking about it right or picturing it correctly but it seems STAGED to me... like a bad movie where the victim throws something out leaving a clue as to which direction she was being taken. MOO
Bbm
Ita. The 26 second video came across like a bad movie too. Moo

That last part, thrown by the victim, has been my contention as well. While we don’t know precisely where the ‘article’ was discarded or lost, BM motioned that it was found down the country road past where the bike was as opposed to on the highway. Of course, he could have been surmising.

I would have agreed until this past weekend when my BFF suddenly stopped texting AFTER I had asked a question. She didn’t respond and I started freaking out - calling everyone - thinking something was wrong.
She was fine, and we have left one another hanging at times... but I knew she was traveling so it scared me.
And ... If she had come up missing the next day ... I would have definitely known exactly what time someone got her.

Yes. Context is important, I guess.

That last part, thrown by the victim, has been my contention as well. While we don’t know precisely where the ‘article’ was discarded or lost, BM motioned that it was found down the country road past where the bike was as opposed to on the highway. Of course, he could have been surmising.
I need to look but there was a map indicating where the item was located. I can see it in my mind... the road where bike was found leads to highway and when you pull out - the item would have been on the right side ... passenger side of a vehicle turning left onto highway.
Now I’m questioning was that an official map? I will look for it! BRB.
Edit: I found it, posted by Daily Mail. It doesn’t actually support me point though ... ugh.
“Police have not disclosed what the item is, but say it was found near the junction of County Road 225 and Highway 50 – around 500 meters from Morphew’s home. A trail is located close by.”

Attachments

• C8E9C53F-40CD-4D1E-A535-ECF42CEAD653.jpeg
    C8E9C53F-40CD-4D1E-A535-ECF42CEAD653.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

It’s very curious isn’t it @Beans ?? Makes one wonder that perhaps the conversation was alarming ?? I really would like to know what the bff next move was and since we don’t know I shall guess that she was very alarmed and alerted someone to this IMO perhaps even the girls ? I'm considering all possibilities now
JMO

I read a follow-up reply by LS on her Facebook page. She stated CBI was the agency who gave the info to SM’s family members. CBI was also the agency that was in Indiana in the past few weeks. LS contacted CBI to see if they would confirm, they just referred her back to CCSO who would only say it’s an “ongoing investigation”.

Just watched the PE guys on a YouTube live ( not their channel, they are guests). I guess I can mention the name? It’s a crime.
Regarding the Saturday texting with her friend that suddenly ended, Chris said the friend “ went into panic mode “ .

The host did not ask a follow up to that. Wish the guys had been able to talk more. It’s still going on but they have switched topics.

Very interesting... I’ll watch it tomorrow. Thank you!

Even if it was premeditated. It is pretty hard to think of every little aspect. Es specially now in the digital age. Jmo
Unless you spend a lot of time here or follow true crime stories. I have discussed, in theory, how to get away with murder, with a few friends who also follow true crimes. That being said, I agree with you, details would surely be missed. IMO

If BM were up all night, there might be some very short-sighted actions.

Could it be that the bike was staged near to 5am, then as BM continued in his truck he realized he accidentally had her helmet or whatever item on board, so he just tossed it out asap? Or maybe he was trying to stage some kind of narrative with her item found nearby? e.g. the dumb mountain lion story?

Speculation and MOO

I am considering this case from a legal standpoint. We have first amendment rights to discuss reports of media, including statements by anonymous sources. And the media has a first amendment freedom of the press.

You may consider it “trite” to state that this is not a courtroom. It’s a message board. I disagree. What happens in a court of law is crucial. No anonymous statement would be evidence in court.

But we have the right to discuss this information and give it whatever weight we would like. No one here is deciding a POI’s fate. If the media is spreading false information or wrongly targeting an innocent person, they can be sued.

In the meantime, we are going to continue to discuss things that would make many criminal defense attorneys squirm.
Very well stated! I ❤️ you @gitana1

This is really interesting.
I've printed off the whole PE video (thanks to @Murphy1950 ).
Ill read it over again tomorrow, but if anyone finds these places @Cindizzi referenced, please, let me know.

Good luck with portraying Barry as being in no shape to make public appearances. I hear he’s a regular at the gym. Not too soon for that! Not to mention selling real estate, buying property, drilling wells, laying driveways and what all. :rolleyes:
No one’s going to buy that defence.
Oh, and fragile?? You’re kidding, right??
I don’t know if his EGO is fragile or not but I know I certainly doubt his worth ;) even if he doesn’t ... moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆