Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am honestly confused.
Janelle, Stacy, and Suzie had all planned to drive to Branson that night. Around 10:30 we know the plans changed because Stacy called her mom and said she was staying at Janelles house.
Then they were going to stay at Brians house but he was afraid his parents would come home that night. So now they are back to Janelles at 2:00am.
Why would Suzie be "begging" people to stay with her at her house all night if she had planned on staying at Janelles or Brians house?
Those are very good questions. How do we know this timeline isn't reversed? How differently would things be interpreted if the girls had gone from Janelle's house to the Joy residence? I don't think it's ever been proven which residence was first. When all else fails, work in reverse.

I can recall that the girls went to Brian Joy's house around 8-9 pm and they asked Joy if they could stay the night there and he said yes. The story goes that, at 2am, Brian changed his mind and the girls coudn´t stay there (more people had been invited to spend the night at his house. And I assume they slept there, so I wonder why the rest could stay but not the girls) . This is the official story (told by the friends). The truth is that Stacy called her mom at 10pm and she told Janis she would sleep at Janelle´s. This contradicts the official story. Why would Stacy call her mom to say she would stay at Janelle´s place if she had already agreed to stay at Brian´s house? If Stacy was telling the truth, why the friends would lie? If she was not telling the truth to Janis for some reason, why she would even bother to call her mom saying she was not going to that hotel? Last minute decisions led Suzie and Stacy to their final destination? Or was something planned?

I am honestly confused.
Janelle, Stacy, and Suzie had all planned to drive to Branson that night. Around 10:30 we know the plans changed because Stacy called her mom and said she was staying at Janelles house.
Then they were going to stay at Brians house but he was afraid his parents would come home that night. So now they are back to Janelles at 2:00am.
Why would Suzie be "begging" people to stay with her at her house all night if she had planned on staying at Janelles or Brians house?
Those are very good questions. How do we know this timeline isn't reversed? How differently would things be interpreted if the girls had gone from Janelle's house to the Joy residence? I don't think it's ever been proven which residence was first. When all else fails, work in reverse.
I can recall that the girls went to Brian Joy's house around 8-9 pm and they asked Joy if they could stay the night there and he said yes. The story goes that, at 2am, Brian changed his mind and the girls coudn´t stay there (more people had been invited to spend the night at his house. And I assume they slept there, so I wonder why the rest could stay but not the girls) . This is the official story (told by the friends). The truth is that Stacy called her mom at 10pm and she told Janis she would sleep at Janelle´s. This contradicts the official story. Why would Stacy call her mom to say she would stay at Janelle´s place if she had already agreed to stay at Brian´s house? If Stacy was telling the truth, why the friends would lie? If she was not telling the truth to Janis for some reason, why she would even bother to call her mom saying she was not going to that hotel? Last minute decisions led Suzie and Stacy to their final destination? Or was something planned?
If anyone wasn't telling the truth, then the residence time frames could be reversed. Something planned is also very possible. In your interpretation of this, who would have made those plans?

Janelle and Mike said that they listened to the answering machine when they were there the first time. Same time as the two, back to back, obscene calls. Later that night Janis also listened to the machine, heard a lewd message that was from Friday and inadvertently erased it. Why didn’t Janelle mention this message?

Janelle and Mike said that they listened to the answering machine when they were there the first time. Same time as the two, back to back, obscene calls. Later that night Janis also listened to the machine, heard a lewd message that was from Friday and inadvertently erased it. Why didn’t Janelle mention this message?

I think she described the message as being "strange", but the calls that Kirby heard where describe as "lewd". So I guess they were different and I think only McCall and the police no the contents of the "strange message.

I dont recall Kirby ever saying she played messages, but I could be wrong too.

Also, isn't it odd that both people who played the answering machine managed to erase messages? Was one of their voices on there?

Do y

Do you know what they were angry about?
Mrs McCall said she was bc Stacy wasn’t where she supposed to be and wasn’t calling her back . Remember she said she was going to take her car and just let her be stuck ...

JK was allegedly upset bc she thought they ditched her . Even as late as “ that other girl “ interview , where she appears pretty P- Off .

I agree with this. But then you have Kathy Kirby ´s testimony. She claimed she heard the girls leaving to Suzie´s house. Without her, would the timeline be solid for the police?

If anyone wasn't telling the truth, then the residence time frames could be reversed. Something planned is also very possible. In your interpretation of this, who would have made those plans?

I was just thinking if it is a coincidence that the girls, who where not allowed to stay not in one, but in two houses ended up... well, let´s say they disappeared. Maybe it wasn´t just a last minute decision.

I was asking myself the same thing. If Janelle had been leaving messages since 7:30/8:00am there should have been evidence of that on the machine? Did Janice hear Janelles messages? If not, did Janelle erase them? If erasing the messages was an accident then why weren't all of the messages erased? If they were intentionally erased, why would you do that? You were looking for people and hoping to hear from them, erasing the messages seems counter productive? Also, who picks up a ringing phone in another persons house? Who picks up the phone a second time after an obscene call when you have a machine that will take the hit for you?

So, after reading and watching everything I can get my hands on I only have one absolute truth---Stacy called Janice at 10:30 to let her know she was not going to Branson that night and that she would be staying with Janelle.
That's it.
Everything else came from the Kirby family or a bunch of partying kids.
We don't know what Suzie had planned. We don't know if her plans changed and we can't ask her mother.
I think its obvious that a lot of people in Springfield are lying and hiding something. I don't even think that all of the lies are connected but each lie is for ones own self preservation and they are keeping this from being solved.
Contributing to the delinquency of a minor, drunk driving, possession, assault, sexual assault, manslaughter, murder, obstruction...all of it is possible.
Did the police even take a look at the Kirbys or Brians property?
Those are the last 2 places that the girls were reported to have been seen.
From the outside looking in it just seems super shady.
If the house looks staged to me the police had to consider it?
*They attended graduation that day. Anyone who has ever attended one knows they are hot and boring. The #1 smell is B.O. If Suzie was going out it makes sense that she would probably shower or at least redo hair and makeup. The picture I saw on here with her and Nigel, her hair and makeup look good...not sweaty and gross from a full day of graduation activities. Those cloths could have been from an after graduation cleanup. Did the police keep the cloths? Maybe DNA could prove or disprove?
*The purses. Why were they laid out that way? Why was Sherrills purse in Suzies room? Did the police fingerprint the bags?
*The cars parked the way they were. If Suzie regularly parked in the carport I am guessing that she normally took the first drive from the street? That high fence behind the business next door would block her view from the road, especially at 2:00am. If she turned in, saw her moms car in the carport, and had to park in the circle drive, shouldn't her car be facing the other direction? I read they fingerprinted the cars but did they check the seats for adjustments? Did they take pictures of the interiors? Did Stacy have an overnight bag in hers?
I am honestly just thinking out loud here but it really has kept me awake the last few nights. So many stories and so many possibilities.

I’ve been doing some more research. I found where I read that: Janelle thought she heard wailing from the backyard. It was an excerpt from “The Missing Three” by Dave Warren. I just ordered it. It has pretty good reviews but I’m not sure how much license he took. Hopefully there are annotations

Link to sample page from book.

The Missing Three

I have been unable to find where I thought I saw Janelle listened to the messages as well. I think I might start reviewing the many interviews.

An interesting little known clue that recently came up was the displaced living room rug. There is a pic online of the living room with a small area rug (4X5?)

I’ve decided to start bookmarking shortcuts and keeping a footnote log. There is a ton of info out there. It seems no matter how far I dig; there is always something new. I also think the many years of interviews need transcribed. Possibly a winter project.

So, after reading and watching everything I can get my hands on I only have one absolute truth---Stacy called Janice at 10:30 to let her know she was not going to Branson that night and that she would be staying with Janelle.
That's it.
We don't know what Suzie had planned. We don't know if her plans changed and we can't ask her mother.
I think its obvious that a lot of people in Springfield are lying and hiding something. I don't even think that all of the lies are connected but each lie is for ones own self preservation and they are keeping this from being solved.
Contributing to the delinquency of a minor, drunk driving, possession, assault, sexual assault, manslaughter, murder, obstruction...all of it is possible.
*They attended graduation that day. Anyone who has ever attended one knows they are hot and boring. The #1 smell is B.O. If Suzie was going out it makes sense that she would probably shower or at least redo hair and makeup. The picture I saw on here with her and Nigel, her hair and makeup look good...not sweaty and gross from a full day of graduation activities. Those cloths could have been from an after graduation cleanup. Did the police keep the cloths? Maybe DNA could prove or disprove?
*The purses. Why were they laid out that way? Why was Sherrills purse in Suzies room? Did the police fingerprint the bags?
*The cars parked the way they were. If Suzie regularly parked in the carport I am guessing that she normally took the first drive from the street? That high fence behind the business next door would block her view from the road, especially at 2:00am. If she turned in, saw her moms car in the carport, and had to park in the circle drive, shouldn't her car be facing the other direction? I read they fingerprinted the cars but did they check the seats for adjustments? Did they take pictures of the interiors? Did Stacy have an overnight bag in hers?
I am honestly just thinking out loud here but it really has kept me awake the last few nights. So many stories and so many possibilities.
Since you mentioned those last two places where the girls were seen, I wonder if the police could still take GPR over those places? I wonder if anyone would have any strong objections to that?

Mike Kovacs was Suzie Streeter's ex-boyfriend. She filed a restraining order against him, but didn't show up in court. I think it's worth noting that the article states that he was making harassing phone calls. It also says there was a woman with Kovacs. ??
Neat article. I'm curious as to why someone thought clues would be found at that apartment?

It's still a fully functioning zoo open to the public, but I have no idea if any Joe Blow off the street can go walking through that back part of the property. That seems like a risky endeavor...
If a person got permission from the zoo and the animals were contained, it could be done. If you were going to go searching for the bodies, what other locations would you search? Your posts are very interesting.

Someone informed me I'm making baseless accusations. Perhaps. Isn't that this entire case? ;) After 28 years I think everyone who came by Delmar should be interviewed with fresh eyes, as well as the party-goers and their parents. Most people only care about self-preservation for themselves and their loved ones.
One theory is that they never made it back to Delmar house. If they had started to take their usual route to Delmar, what landmarks would be along the way? Were there any abandoned barns, farmhouses, or unique landmarks on that route? I've only seen about 3 rumors written as to where the bodies may be. After this many years, there has to be a few more rumors. Perhaps some with good possibility.

That's it.

I agree with all of this. I truly wonder if the girls ever made it home that night. I've tried seeing if any of the people known to the women had ties with LE. It seems to me that whoever did this wanted to get as many people to Delmar as possible. I think people wanted it to seem as if the women were abducted and I think that's exactly what happened.

If a person got permission from the zoo and the animals were contained, it could be done. If you were going to go searching for the bodies, what other locations would you search? Your posts are very interesting.
The two places I'm positive they are not is under the Cox South facility parking garage and under PFI's parking lot. I worked at Cox South until February of 1992, the parking garage was planned but actual construction did not begin until September of 1993. |

To be frank, I've read so many plausible theories here at Websleuths and at Topix before it closed, that there are actually dozens of places the bodies could be. Dickerson Park Zoo is just something my sister and I discussed, but I'm not sure if the police ever searched there. At this moment, Barry County seems like entirely possible. Several people have discussed it and it just sounds right, if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle