Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tealgrove

Very interesting about possible opoid addiction. If she had any injuries, illnesses requiring pain meds it could be an easy way to get hooked.

Re:being lured to convert. It's not made easy for someone to convert to Catholicism. It's a relatively long process. Also most churches wouldn't be happy if someone wished to go through the process in secret. If the Marilane Carter in the church bulletin is the same person, I think that shows that her parish was not holding anything back.

Likewise with her 'answering a calling'. No convent would admit a married woman with young children as a novice. It couldn't happen.

Re Marilane being a Samford University graduate- it is unusual but people do convert. Even those with Divinity backgrounds. History is littered with converts jumping to or from Catholicism to Reformed faiths.

(I couldn't get @Tealgrove's post to embed. I have a lot to learn)

@Tealgrove

Very interesting about possible opoid addiction. If she had any injuries, illnesses requiring pain meds it could be an easy way to get hooked.

Re:being lured to convert. It's not made easy for someone to convert to Catholicism. It's a relatively long process. Also most churches wouldn't be happy if someone wished to go through the process in secret. If the Marilane Carter in the church bulletin is the same person, I think that shows that her parish was not holding anything back.

Likewise with her 'answering a calling'. No convent would admit a married woman with young children as a novice. It couldn't happen.

Re Marilane being a Samford University graduate- it is unusual but people do convert. Even those with Divinity backgrounds. History is littered with converts jumping to or from Catholicism to Reformed faiths.

(I couldn't get @Tealgrove's post to embed. I have a lot to learn)

I do hope she's found safe, but I have to be honest and admit this is such a bizarre part of this case.
Sure, folks convert to Catholicism but I cannot think of a single case where a Baptist pastor's wife did.
Not even in any church history I can remember.
That's how rare this is, which makes the whole case even more odd.
I mean, if he knew, then that opens up a HUGE load of questions.
And if he didn't know, that's just kind of mind boggling, especially considering we just came out of lockdown, more or less, where we've all been privy to each other family member's literally every coming and going - so - how could he not know?

jmo

I do hope she's found safe, but I have to be honest and admit this is such a bizarre part of this case.
Sure, folks convert to Catholicism but I cannot think of a single case where a Baptist pastor's wife did.
Not even in any church history I can remember.
That's how rare this is, which makes the whole case even more odd.
I mean, if he knew, then that opens up a HUGE load of questions.
And if he didn't know, that's just kind of mind boggling, especially considering we just came out of lockdown, more or less, where we've all been privy to each other family member's literally every coming and going - so - how could he not know?

jmo
The original first communion was supposed to be Easter. Delayed to June because of Covid. So likely classes were last fall, winter and spring.

UPDATE 5:15PM CST August 16, 2020

Still no trace of Marilane. Law enforcement hasn't shared any new evidence or updates today. We remain hopeful for significant progress on the cellular forensic results from law enforcement investigators.

More volunteers have been printing + posting Marilane's flyers, searching parking lots, sharing on social media, and reaching out in any way possible. THOUSANDS have been posted all over the region.

THANK YOU volunteers - you know who you are!

We are also working to connect with groups that have unique perspectives and angles to be aware: crop duster pilots, river/tug boat captains, church groups, taxi drivers, transportation hubs, etc. (just to name a few).

Marilane - your entire family adores you, wants you home, and to know you are safe.

Pray. Share. Hope. Look. #FindMarilane ❤️
https://www.facebook.com/123254162510985/posts/133891444780590/?d=nupload_2020-8-16_17-46-37.jpeg

The original first communion was supposed to be Easter. Delayed to June because of Covid. So likely classes were last fall, winter and spring.
Okay, I was not aware of that.
That does make me curious to know what kinds of things she was posting on her social media at that time.
And if she were in regular Sunday attendance at her own church - or her Baptist church, alongside her kids and her husband.
I don't think I could stomach that, if it were me and I'd converted.
I'd feel like I was actually betraying my faith, and that would be a HUGE source of spiritual, emotional & psychological struggle.

jmo

Last edited:
People of one Christian faith visit services of another Christian faith all the time, without a feeling of betrayal. In fact, Christians visit Jewish services too. She had a degree in Divinity, right? She had been exposed to and was maybe more open to other faith ideas than some people.

Okay, I was not aware of that.
That does make me curious to know what kinds of things she was posting on her social media at that time.
And if she were in regular Sunday attendance at her own church - or her Baptist church, alongside her kids and her husband.
I don't think I could stomach that, if it were me and I'd converted.
I'd feel like I was actually betraying my faith, and that would be a HUGE source of spiritual, emotional & psychological struggle.

jmo

UPDATE 5:15PM CST August 16, 2020

Still no trace of Marilane. Law enforcement hasn't shared any new evidence or updates today. We remain hopeful for significant progress on the cellular forensic results from law enforcement investigators.

More volunteers have been printing + posting Marilane's flyers, searching parking lots, sharing on social media, and reaching out in any way possible. THOUSANDS have been posted all over the region.

THANK YOU volunteers - you know who you are!

We are also working to connect with groups that have unique perspectives and angles to be aware: crop duster pilots, river/tug boat captains, church groups, taxi drivers, transportation hubs, etc. (just to name a few).

Marilane - your entire family adores you, wants you home, and to know you are safe.

Pray. Share. Hope. Look. #FindMarilane ❤️
https://www.facebook.com/123254162510985/posts/133891444780590/?d=nView attachment 260150

"Find Marilane" Author comment added to this post:

16+ hours of sonar data is currently under review as well.

In the presser the detective said they had just bought the ticket on Saturday afternoon. I don’t think it was planned that long.

Everyone knew that her sister was going to have a baby.

Media reports that Marilane's children are with a family member.

If Marilane arranged for this family member to come to their home, perhaps she decided to leave as soon as this person arrived?

No abandonment of the children if you've provided for their care.

Marilane, please call home!

JMHO YMMV LRR

People of one Christian faith visit services of another Christian faith all the time, without a feeling of betrayal. In fact, Christians visit Jewish services too. She had a degree in Divinity, right? She had been exposed to and was maybe more open to other faith ideas than some people.

What may be difficult for some to understand is, many of the RC faith, and many of the Baptist faith, essentially see the other "side" as adhering to an entirely false gospel, and that means a false religion and not genuine Biblical Christianity at all.

For both sides, that's massive.

I know that might sound outrageous to some but I assure you, many Baptists and many RC will agree 1,000%.
What I do not know, is if MC's Baptist church was of this position (and by default, her very own husband and his Biblical/doctrinal convictions), or the church she allegedly converted to, was of this position.

For the household of Christian faith, this is not a small thing - this is the main thing.

Just trying to explain to those not familiar. I do hope this helps.

Last edited:
Sorry to be obtuse; so did you mean if she converted to RC she would feel she was betraying that faith if she went to Baptist service?

Or that she would feel she was betraying Baptist if she converted to RC?

What may be difficult for some to understand is, many of the RC faith, and many of the Baptist faith, essentially see the other "side" as adhering to an entirely false gospel, and that means a false religion and not genuine Biblical Christianity at all.

For both sides, that's massive.

I know that might sound outrageous to some but I assure you, many Baptists and many RC will agree 1,000%.
What I do not know, is if MC's Baptist church was of this position (and by default, her very own husband and his Biblical/doctrinal convictions), or the church she allegedly converted to, was of this position.

For the household of Christian faith, this is not a small thing - this is the main thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304