FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it astonishing that knowing what we do avoid SR, people are still willing to believe the claims he makes about LC. It’s in his interests to try and direct a narrative in which she’s a bad person or neglectful mother. I won’t be taking his word for anything. I won’t sit in judgement of her - desperate people make desperate decisions and often have far fewer choices or resources available to them.

Truth is that with social media being the way it is, young people make choices and behave in ways that you might consider risky. Not just kids from difficult backgrounds either. Many parents don’t have a clue about a lot of it either.

She is a victim. The person responsible for LC coming to harm (if indeed she has been harmed) is the person or persons that harmed her.

You are not wrong. There is a difference. All we can discern at this point is that he allegedly lied to federal officers about something. We don't know what that something is. Could be related to Leila, could be related to something else entirely. They have not yet said what the alleged lies are related to. At this point people, including MSM are assuming it has to do with Leila.

I thought it was clever quick thinking of LE to tell him to put the keys back in the truck (=his DNA on keys for sure) and for him to send her a false text pretending to be upset (=they already had a search warrant on her phone number, and probably had a trap and trace or such set up and bingo... have just then documented his number/google ID/facebook ID to do another search warrant on him and then perhaps do another search warrant to "live" follow his trail)

All above MOO

Well, going by what SR said in his video, he told her to drive the truck to Florida to prove that it ran. He said she told him she didn't want to sell her truck but somehow she ended up agreeing to it and also to work for him in the Everglades.

I'm not sure why he needed to buy the truck in the first place. If he needed it for the Everglades and she was going to be with him anyway then why not just borrow the truck? Why spend $3000 on an old truck with a problem with the gas line? And without checking the title first?

I really don't know what to believe. I do think he may have persuaded her to come and work for him as an "apprentice" or in some capacity. It seems as if he can be very convincing to someone who is naive and vulnerable.

Imo
So SR said he "manifested" Leila a car a few weeks into meeting her.
If she traded it in on a truck ..I can bet he wanted the truck.
I don't believe he gave her any money or bought it from her.. that would make no sense.
It would make more sense that he was pissed she didn't want to sell it.
Didn't he say, per rant, that he was taping up the window when police rolled into pkg lot ? Why was the window broke?

<modsnip>
And I am judging SR. He doesn't appear to be targeting young women on dating sites. He is a nearly 40 year old man targeting vulnerable women half his age and drawing them in with his witchery and "salvation". It's all the same. Preying on vulnerable women under the guise of rescuing them. He doesn't offer them money for a "date", he offers them guidance and protection. That's how he sucks them in. He hides his predation under the guise of spirituality and protection. But he is indeed preying on these lost and desperate souls. And they follow, doing as he asks, just as YY did. Just as TS did. Just as Leila did. She traveled 800 miles - with her toddler - in the hopes that he could save her somehow.

He's no different than the cult leaders that came before him. He's a predator. Leila went to him voluntarily. Something went wrong this time. And I hold him responsible. If not for him, Leila would not have been in S FL. She came there for him. And now she is gone. This girl, half his age, is gone. He did not protect her and appears to not give one damn what happened to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lying to any police officer in the states is a crime, federal or local.

I'll do a little chime in here. It is MUCH worse to lie to an FBI agent MOO as the penalties are much more severe. Heck, some places it's not much more than a misdemeanor for lying to local police, if even that. But lying to the feds is VERY different. Don't ever do it! Think of all the high profile cases we read about where the lie was worse than the offense. MOO. Heck, he could even be brought in if they found on the phone call that he said he was in one place, and they proved by his phone he was lying and was in another place (he said he only talked to FBI on phone, but who knows if that is true)

18 U.S. Code § 1001 - Statements or entries generally

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—
(1)
falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
(2)
makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
(3)
makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;
shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.

I seriously doubt SR had $3000. He's homeless and lives in his ride. And has to get free wi-fi from a gas station because he can't afford it.

That was laughable for sure wasn't it. He states he sits all day in a car at a convenience store? Whaaaaaaaat? His hotel didn't have free wifi? So he sits in a car in this heat all day? And whatever happened to his trip to the Keys and the Everglades? pfffft.

For those that couldn't stomach to listen to the almost one hour rant, it sure did give insights to him trying to do an offensive stance for sure!

And what he was stating for many here that have followed cases see through MOO. Heck, he's a prosecutor's delight stating and locking in all the times etc in his own words for trial.

Yep. Wonder why he even mentioned that amount, and then went on his rant to say that there was no paperwork for the truck, but was paperwork for her other car?
SMDH

Last edited:
IMO, now that SR has actually been arrested for lying to the Feds of all people, nothing he (SR) has said, past or present, is to be believed. On top of that he is an admitted thief and drug dealer and drug user. He's been to actual prison for over a decade for those things. NOTHING he says about Leila or Kam is to be believed.

100%. It’s baffling that he can get anyone to believe him but at this point his credibility should be certain-as nonexistent.

Dozens of posts have been removed for TOS violations, including:
- victim-blaming
- posting info as fact without substantiation in MSM or from LE
- discussing FB comments
- bickering and arguing
- quoting posts that did any of the above.

Simply put - please stop violating the Terms of Service that everyone agreed to when thy joined Websleuths. Things will go much smoother if we all keep that in mind before clicking “Post Reply”.

Thread is now reopened. Thank you for your continuing efforts to be respectful and responsible members of Websleuths.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members