Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sneaking feeling that neither CD's nor LV's attorneys will ask for a change of venue. Where would they have a better chance of pulling in someone who's sympathetic to the cult than in Rexburg that is 97% Mormon and has recently seen population growth from the prepper-type?

There were 60 burner phones and that--to me--indicates they had quite a large following right there in Rexburg.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're just scraping the surface of this cult. And, I think DW knows a lot more than he's saying. JMOO

Just a thought on the 'ping' on 27th November at the Townhouse. I've always wondered why MG called Chads phone and not Lori's on that December call. I am wondering whether Lori left a phone behind at the Townhouse and that was the phone that LE were monitoring (remember Chad gave Lori's number to LE), and that was the phone that 'pinged'.

Feedback or some sort of interference? I remember microphones doing that when the sound was out of balance (one was a higher volume than the other) and crossed paths. All jmo moo
My late father-in-law used hearing aids, and sometimes when used a phone, he got the feedback so bad he’d hang up.

Just a thought on the 'ping' on 27th November at the Townhouse. I've always wondered why MG called Chads phone and not Lori's on that December call. I am wondering whether Lori left a phone behind at the Townhouse and that was the phone that LE were monitoring (remember Chad gave Lori's number to LE), and that was the phone that 'pinged'.
It's possible, although leaving the phone behind could give the police evidence that would otherwise not be available. MG said in the interview with Nate Eaton that she called Chad's phone knowing that Lori would answer since none of Lori's phones were working any more.

I think the murder of Tylee wasn't planned, per say, and that's why she ended up on Chad's property. I think he got a panicked call at some point or else Alex just showed up with her body. After one child was buried there, I think it was just easier, or maybe a "heck, might as well" with JJ. I'm not sure his murder was planned either. I can't make up my mind. I think Lori wanted them both out of her hair, but I also think there wasn't really a plan and that she just lost it both times (probably in a frustrated rage) and killed them. This is what I'm leaning towards now. I think Lori killed them but told Chad that it was Alex. I think Alex is the cleaner. Might change my mind later today. MOO.
Let’s not forget that Tylee could handle JJ better than anyone else. With Tylee gone, JJ was probably a real pain. So even if Tylee’s Murder was unplanned, once she was dead, JJ had to go.

IMO Prior never really brought any of his questioning to a logical point. It seemed questions were like throwing darts in the dark. He wasn’t performing in front of a jury. He was trying to convince the judge the evidence did not implicate CD. I think it was a hopeless cause, but he had to do something. I think we are confused because Prior didn’t intent to argue the case because he didn’t have a case and he didn’t want to show his defense strategy before trial.

We are all left scratching our heads wondering what he was doing. He was killing time until the trial he knew was inevitable.

I agree. The throwing darts is good. Using Melanie as an initial "sounding board" was a good way to try some questions, some angles. I do think the main aim was to make her seem confusing. He will try to damage her, I am sure.

It's possible, although leaving the phone behind could give the police evidence that would otherwise not be available. MG said in the interview with Nate Eaton that she called Chad's phone knowing that Lori would answer since none of Lori's phones were working any more.
Were the recovered phones, recovered from the townhouse or in Hawaii?

Lori will pull a Jodie Arias and talk for days on the stand. Maybe Lori will end up in Perryville with Jodie if that case goes to court. Can you imagine those two in the same jail? Yikes! Chad better learn to shut his mouth because child killers are the lowest of the low in prison.

I can’t think of a single murder where the accused testified and got acquitted.

I’ve considered that Lori and Alex took the kids to Yellowstone with a plan to kill one or both of them there, then had to abort the plan for some reason. If their original plan was to kill them there, I’m comfortable assuming that they planned to do so because they thought it was a good place to leave their bodies. Why else?

If that were the case, and they chose to abort that plan, they still chose to murder Tylee that night, IMO, after they returned. In that case, I would agree with you about why they buried Tylee on Chad’s property. Later, they would have buried JJ there, as well, to minimize the separate locations that they had to monitor.

This could make sense, as Tylee’s burial spot is in a poorly planned location on the property; it’s close to the residence and in a spot that family members could try to dig (the pet cemetery). However, JJ’s location seems like more forethought went into it.

I don’t know that Chad and Lori actually planned to keep the children on the property indefinitely, but they would need to keep them there until the attention died down. After that, if they relocated or sold the property, they could also attempt to relocate the children. IMO, Tylee would be nearly impossible to fully remove from the property but, as I’ve said before, I don’t think Chad and Lori are smart. so that probably wouldn’t stop them from trying—if that was what suited their needs at the particular moment.

That said, in the short term, Chad would have a much greater need to deal with Tylee’s burial spot than JJ’s—after all, she was buried in the pet cemetery. How long would it be before someone in the family attempted to put another pet there? A modular home would have allowed him to quickly cover her, but also potentially allow him access later.

IMO, In his mind, JJ could be dealt with later because, in the short term again, it was probably less likely that someone within his household would go digging by the pond.

All JMO. My apologies if some of the language comes across as callous, regarding “dealing with” the kids. I meant to reflect how Chad and Lori so callously (monstrously!} treated the children.

ETA: Punctuation.

MOO the kids lived without love long before they were murdered too. A profound alienation and brutal distancing from them was taking place in the hearts of their mother and uncle. Probably from at least the time of killing CV.
CD seems already set to let his wife die young according to his own prediction. We're any of his own children in the 144k that he was setting up?

A phone was supposedly recovered from the townhouse. I don't remember the source for this, but it was previously mentioned on the thread. We don't know where the 60 burner phones were found.
I still think Lori left hers behind and that was the one that pinged. If she wanted to avoid detection and she knew that LE had that phone number, she would want to distance herself from it. I get that leaving it behind would have left evidence, but it seems to me that LE can recover a lots on info without having the phone itself. All MOO.

Snipped for focus:

"That said, in the short term, Chad would have a much greater need to deal with Tylee’s burial spot than JJ’s—after all, she was buried in the pet cemetery. How long would it be before someone in the family attempted to put another pet there? A modular home would have allowed him to quickly cover her, but also potentially allow him access later."
That idea explains why she was buried to the side of the cemetery area, unlikely for the owner to be choose a place at the edge not wanting to sideline the loved pet next to a raccon. Apparently no remorse shown to TR at any level.

yessss. as a law student this got me super hyped up to try my first case. I'm from Michigan and Fieger is notorious shady. Watching that man passionately make his arguments, knowing full well it wasnt how the law should be applied, was truly a work of art. He failed to meet the legal. standard and still got the W. What a lawyer. (I mean it was obvious shady and completely unprofessional but I gotta admire his total disregard for the law when making his case)

That being said in this case I feel like the trial will be a circus. There are just so many players involved and everyone knows everyone. And the news is over reporting everything. From a legal perspective I havent found anything that deviates too wildly from the actual merits for the claims, but its early and 2020 so anything could happen. Im interested to see how it plays out as the trial gets closer
Y’know, I’m not hoping for two major COVID outbreaks. On the other hand, I’m not not hoping for two COVID outbreaks, if you take my meaning.

Something caught my ear when they were playing the audio recording of MG in court. MG said to CD "I don't even know your sister-in-law" after he alleged MG was being influenced by the SIL w/conspiracy theories. CD replied "Oh I know". I was thinking in that moment - well if he knows MG doesn't know his SIL why even bring this up? It must have been weighing heavy on him that at that moment in time (early Dec) that people were on to him, his SIL and now MG. While LVD & CD were still trying to spin tales and keep plates in the air, MG is calling AC and telling him she will go to the police. Within 2 weeks AC is dead and I bet MG was shaking in her boots that she would be next. Seriously I am wondering if she didn't ask for protection from LEO at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member