ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
He pointed with pride to a sticker of the vlogger who was videoing him. But he can't take 10 seconds to put a missing poster of his son on his van.

Sorry.... I wandered off, then re-read your post when I came back.

I see what you're saying: he pointed out to the vlogger that he had put up a poster of him, but if he had a similar poster of DeOrr he didn't mention it.

(shrug) I see your point, but I still think I understand if he wants something in his life that does NOT bring back those terrible memories.

Humans always say (and believe) they will love someone forever, never forget them, never stop wishing things had turned out differently...but it doesn't work that way. One day, the heart just disconnects itself. For a moment, you enjoy the sounds of the birds singing, and let the baby be missing. You meet someone who relights your heart, and you let go of the the damaged and the broken. It's just how humans are wired, and we can feel guilty for it in our own selves, and we can judge it harshly in others, but we can't change the fundamental limitations that define us.

IMO if you are innocent of the disappearence of your two year old child, and you believe your child has been abducted, your heart does not just "disconnect" one day. It's actually not how innocent humans are wired.
But it is how guilty people are wired.
JMO

Sorry.... I wandered off, then re-read your post when I came back.

I see what you're saying: he pointed out to the vlogger that he had put up a poster of him, but if he had a similar poster of DeOrr he didn't mention it.

(shrug) I see your point, but I still think I understand if he wants something in his life that does NOT bring back those terrible memories.

Humans always say (and believe) they will love someone forever, never forget them, never stop wishing things had turned out differently...but it doesn't work that way. One day, the heart just disconnects itself. For a moment, you enjoy the sounds of the birds singing, and let the baby be missing. You meet someone who relights your heart, and you let go of the the damaged and the broken. It's just how humans are wired, and we can feel guilty for it in our own selves, and we can judge it harshly in others, but we can't change the fundamental limitations that define us.

IMO if you are innocent of the disappearence of your two year old child, and you believe your child has been abducted, your heart does not just "disconnect" one day. It's actually not how innocent humans are wired.
But it is how guilty people are wired.
JMO

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't think anyone quits caring, or quits wanting to know what happened, or quits jumping on anything new they might learn. But I do think they have a limit to the anguish they can take, they run out of directions to look in, they come to the end of the list of things they can do; and then they still have to live and breathe and work and try to find some new sources of happiness.

Respectfully, Arnie, I don't want to argue with you. I will point out that there are some problems with your logic.
On one hand you complain about "mostly women" who "hated the parents" and much of the hatred is "here."

On the other hand, you yourself disparge the intelligence of the parents in both your first and second paragraphs.

You explain that the parents being less than truthful could be because of alcohol or drugs; but seem to imply that we shouldn't accuse Grandpa and Isaac of being less than truthful. Could they have been drinking etc. too?

Searchers may have initially suspected that Deorr was in the creek, but it was searched throughly, they were on their hands and knees and "tore up the creek" to the extent LE thought they might have trouble with the environmental agency. I've never read or heard anything about searchers still thinking he is in the creek.

I agree with you about Klein and Nancy. I'm not a fan. But whatever happened to little Deorr had nothing to do with them.

I don't have a strong opinion about whether or not Deorr was at the campground.

I reserve the right to express emotion about this case. My perspective is that little Deorr is the victim, whose voice has been stilled. He cannot advocate for himself. He deserves to come home and he deserves justice. My empathy and defense goes to him.

Jessica and Vernal can speak and defend themselves. They are able to go on with their lives and do and say pretty much what they want.

IMO, it's telling what they choose to say...and what they choose not to say.

<modsnip>
To suggest they should still be searching for Deorr is absurd . The campground is way off the beaten path , the area has already been completely searched many times

If the parents have been "less than truthful" it could very well be that they were consuming alcohol or drugs when the kid went missing and are trying to cover up for poor parenting. It does not make them killers. It simply makes them less than truthful

The private investigator they hired is nothing but a $20,000 blowhard. He turned on the parents and declared he would solve everything .... yet produced absolutely nothing .... except for lots of publicity for himself ... which is something he likes very much.

When sensationalist programmer Nancy Grace did her show it produced thousands of people , mostly women , who hated the parents . Emotional feelings do not belong in detective work. Yet hatred for the parents continues to this day . Much of it here.

Some emotionally fueled people even insinuate that little Deorr was not even at the campsite to start with . That would require Grandpa and Isaac being liars.

Some cadaver dogs are specifically trained to scent underwater remains . With the latest news that cadaver dogs have again indicated at the creek could mean the body is trapped under rocks .... as was suspected all along by searchers.

If there was indeed an accident at the campsite it would require a lot of genius conspiracy and coverups to hide it all and get rid of all the evidence.

I do not feel anyone at that campsite had that capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW:
I have no idea if these parents hurt their son or not.
I simply don't see the attempts to move on with life as being evidence either way.
It certainly bothers me there doesn't seem to be any real evidence they did NOT hurt their child. :(

I agree with your last sentence. :)

BTW:
I have no idea if these parents hurt their son or not.
I simply don't see the attempts to move on with life as being evidence either way.
It certainly bothers me there doesn't seem to be any real evidence they did NOT hurt their child. :(

I think the important thing here that we can all agree on is that we all want to find little deorr and want justice for him, whatever form that takes. I want to know what the new PI, Marshburn, has done since being on the case. He’s been really quiet about his investigation and I’m hoping that’s a good sign.

I think if DeOrr had been caught, mauled and eaten by animals, the tracker dogs would have alerted on something. I also am not convinced said animals would eat cowboy boots.

He was wearing a camouflage-print jacket, blue pajama pants, green and black checkered socks, and brown cowboy boots with a lighter brown camouflage print. A photo of the boots is posted with this case summary:

DeOrr Jay Kunz Jr. – The Charley Project

Did someone say baby deorrs jacket that he was wearing when he went missing was found in the parents house while they were moving ?

yes I also remember hearing this on a show I watched about the case. I believe that and his blanket or stuffed animal that they reportedly cherished so much as it was his favorite...that was also left behind as well. I vaguely remember either the jacket or blanket was found stuffed in a couch left behind when they moved out

I believe it was his jacket that was home in the home they moved out of. They said he was wearing it went he went missing.

That's the way I remember it!
Same here, along with the "missing" toy matchbox cars.
Investigators find 'missing' jacket, toys at DeOrr Kunz's old apartment

I have a vague memory of someone - maybe the parents - trying to say the jacket was a second, different one, either for when Deorr grew into it or else he had outgrown it. But I can't find any reference to that statement. Maybe I imagined it.

I recall that Jessica and Vernal's supporters insisted that the things were duplicates, because lots of parents have duplicates of their kids' things. Don't know where I read it.

Same here, along with the "missing" toy matchbox cars.
Investigators find 'missing' jacket, toys at DeOrr Kunz's old apartment

I have a vague memory of someone - maybe the parents - trying to say the jacket was a second, different one, either for when Deorr grew into it or else he had outgrown it. But I can't find any reference to that statement. Maybe I imagined it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77