Found Deceased TX - Steven Wayne Dean, 34, Dayton, 15 Aug 2019

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Does this look to be a trailer park? It’s right behind the address that the previous article I linked.

View attachment 260310
Not sure if those are occupied or a dealership. Now that I know it’s near the Racetrack gas station I’ll know what to look for. There is a dealership right there for small prefab sheds so I’m not sure if that’s part of that or not.

Have you seen missing Dayton man, Steven Dean? | khou.com

To Note
•went missing on Aug. 15, 2019.
•He was working as an oilfield inspector
•Didn’t show up for work
•LE state there were no signs of forced entry to his home; nothing was stolen; and there are no signs to indicate any type of violence or foul play
•his cell phone was found shortly after he disappeared, but his car and all his belongings were found at his home
•a witness identified Dean at a parking lot of a local business near Dean's home around the time he went missing. His mother does not believe the man on the video is her son.

in the empty lot where her son was last seen walking. The address is 704 US 90 W in Dayton.

I quoted these two bits of info to question whether does the mother now believe that it was her son that was seen in the video/witness saw in the open lot?

I also wonder why the mother stated she didn’t believe that was her son in the video? Was he acting strangely?

I wonder where the high school football stadium story come from?
Is there a high school close by, possibly close to the gas station?
I believe the stadium is sort of behind the gas station, slightly down 146 if you google map it. The high school is north of town, not sure if they have another stadium up there or not.

Seem like no one local to me had heard about this case either, so nothing on that front other than getting the word out.

Bronco Stadium seems to be the High School Stadium, between the elementary schools. Guessing one of those was the old High School and they built a new one but not a new stadium yet. It’s across W Houston Street from the Raceway(Racetrac) convince store. Looks like if he was traveling on W Houston Street he would have gone into the neighborhood behind, unless he was walking south, crossing 90, through the Raceway parking lot, on west side of stadium and continued in that direction. There are a few businesses along 146 for a short bit but not much in way of cameras I wouldn’t think.

Bronco Stadium seems to be the High School Stadium, between the elementary schools. Guessing one of those was the old High School and they built a new one but not a new stadium yet. It’s across W Houston Street from the Raceway(Racetrac) convince store. Looks like if he was traveling on W Houston Street he would have gone into the neighborhood behind, unless he was walking south, crossing 90, through the Raceway parking lot, on west side of stadium and continued in that direction. There are a few businesses along 146 for a short bit but not much in way of cameras I wouldn’t think.

Thanks for all your input! I just happened to come across this thread and noticed not a lot of activity on it. Your local input helps a lot; I’m in AR so I really can’t offer too much within local perspective.

Nothing that I’ve heard locally. I’ve driven around the area and it’s very rural once you get out of town. If he had an episode or passed out in the bushes, it would be a needle in a hay stack.

Thanks for sharing the info about the area being rural outside town. That was one of the questions I had & if so about how far is it from area last seen until you get to the rural spot?

Thanks for sharing the info about the area being rural outside town. That was one of the questions I had & if so about how far is it from area last seen until you get to the rural spot?
I drove south on 146 the other day which may have been the direction he was heading based on straight line of cabins, Racetrack (gas station) and stadium. There are a couple of schools which may or may not have had cameras, then it gets pretty rural. Let me see if my google pics will load.
Cabins I circled in yellow, gas station red, stadium blue. If he’s headed in a straight line he’s in fields pretty quickly.

Attachments

• 7F2F92B6-51AF-4391-8BE1-875568AFABDF.jpeg
    7F2F92B6-51AF-4391-8BE1-875568AFABDF.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 0364F674-0D7B-45DA-B943-49F69A484353.jpeg
    0364F674-0D7B-45DA-B943-49F69A484353.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 24E050B9-5AB8-4873-BD4E-8193D6CFF0B6.jpeg
    24E050B9-5AB8-4873-BD4E-8193D6CFF0B6.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 13
I drove south on 146 the other day which may have been the direction he was heading based on straight line of cabins, Racetrack (gas station) and stadium. There are a couple of schools which may or may not have had cameras, then it gets pretty rural. Let me see if my google pics will load.
Cabins I circled in yellow, gas station red, stadium blue. If he’s headed in a straight line he’s in fields pretty quickly.

Based on what’s been shared so far & then looking at your google pics, I’d be searching whatever is just right past that football stadium.

So if he came out and went straight there is a bit more developed land back there at this point then I expected. There’s houses and mobile home park, it’s still fairly rural but not packed with trees. That works if his phone was found on the west side of the stadium. Distance from stadium to what I would call very rural with spotted housing, 1.03 miles. It looks mostly like pasture though, and speaking from experience climbing over and under and around 5 string barbwire is not fun.

my other photo shows if he crossed 90, through the Gas station parking lot but took a turn to the East. His found would have been found on North side of stadium in this scenario. You could walk through the neighborhood on East Houston street straight to heavily treed and wet and forested area. During Imelda this would have been underwater or at least deep water washing towards Trinity River with a bunch of creeks and Bayous in between. (Apologies I keep calling the gas station Racetrac and it’s Raceway). Google map says distance from stadium to “no man’s land” is 4809.35 ft. If you google earth it and stand on 90, just on Eastside of Dayton you can see what I’m talking about. It’s essentially thick forest, it’s not tall pines but it’s wet full of short palms and trees. Google distancing again says 3.56 miles long, roughly 6.24 miles long of Trinity River flood plane. rough estimate 22.2 square miles or over 14000 acres of wetland. If he went that way...there is no telling.
All IMOO and calculations done before completely caffeinated.

Attachments

• 6477ADA4-0D06-45D7-B3B5-0CEA5B60DCC9.jpeg
    6477ADA4-0D06-45D7-B3B5-0CEA5B60DCC9.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 6
  • A075B7DC-2CAE-4A59-B899-C5D6DCABC825.jpeg
    A075B7DC-2CAE-4A59-B899-C5D6DCABC825.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 6

.A few days after his disappearance, his cellular phone was found lying in the grass behind a gas station across the street from where he lives, near the Dayton High School football stadium

behind the gas station near the stadium would put it in the red circled area. That’s not a great path, through the neighborhood where he would have been found quickly, one would think, to the flood plain. IMOO

Attachments

• E41EC757-D1F3-40EB-A79E-D4DC817FFFFA.jpeg
    E41EC757-D1F3-40EB-A79E-D4DC817FFFFA.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 9
BUMP!

Have you seen missing Dayton man, Steven Dean? | khou.com

I am unable to find any update since the article linked above (Aug 2020).

There’s a surveillance video from a gas station close to Steven’s home included with the article. In the video, a man can be seen walking outside the gas station. A witness stated Steven was seen at the location around that time. However, his mother does not believe it is him seen in the video.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brentr
Back