Found Deceased IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020

I'm in the far west burbs.

I did some digging (dpc court records) He's divorced and the divorce proceedings were several years ago. The most recent modification was in February of this year. I'm going to guess he had taken a salary cut due to the enormous decrease in air travel. Likely salary cut which led to having to sell his house, timing of disappearance a day after house goes under contract. Doesn't sound good.
Excellent sleuthing. I hope they look up when they're searching the forest preserve. :(

I'm sad reading this. When you lose things that are important in your life, it's hard to have hope.... divorce, home sale, work troubles, the mental health issues that most of us are experiencing with covid... I hope he's somehow just taking some time to himself but this does not sound good. Thinking of his family.

Major changes in his career and future prospects due to Covid. Wouldn't be surprised if he was facing furlough or total reorganization in company and being unemployed.
Close family member is pilot with United and
flights are running at 20-30% capacity and he
is on 'fly as needed' sorta standby.
United is in line for another federal bailout in order to survive but that won't come til fall.
Very, very grim time for airlines.
I hope I'm wrong, but I fear self demise.

I interviewed with a super nice Dentist that drove to a popular beautiful park and shot himself. It was absolutely devastating to his family, friends, employees, the entire dental community, and the community he lived in. It was shocking. That’s what I thought when I read Jake’s case here. I just found the thread. The dentist parked a ways into the park, so he wasn’t super noticeable, but it didn’t take long to find him. That’s been decades ago, and it still makes me tear up. He was a wonderful person. I so hope this isn’t what has happened to Jake. People keep so much pain bottled up inside of themselves.:(
JMO

I interviewed with a super nice Dentist that drove to a popular beautiful park and shot himself. It was absolutely devastating to his family, friends, employees, the entire dental community, and the community he lived in. It was shocking. That’s what I thought when I read Jake’s case here. I just found the thread. The dentist parked a ways into the park, so he wasn’t super noticeable, but it didn’t take long to find him. That’s been decades ago, and it still makes me tear up. He was a wonderful person. I so hope this isn’t what has happened to Jake. People keep so much pain bottled up inside of themselves.:(
JMO

We just had someone commit suicide in July by locking themselves in their car with hydrogen sulfide this past July. Speculation is that it was a local fire fighter (who passed away the same day via suicide). Sadly, they parked right in front of a playground down the road from me, & a friend was actually there when they found them. We never really know how bad people are feeling. I am sincerely hoping Jake just needed to get away for a little while & is found safe soon.

If this wasnt an accident, the sad thing is people can always rebuild. I don't know how old his children are but my heart breaks for them most.

No one has mentioned the opening of the Lemont Quarries Adventure park next to the forest preserve where Jakes car was found. I wonder if the adventure park is within walking distance? I've never been there so idk. Maybe he went over to the adventure park?

My local paper has been filled with "died suddenly" obituaries... it's a tough time for many. There are also lots of angry people at home, who are emailing/using facebook/etc to publicly criticize many business people, teachers, etc for decisions being made due to Covid. I wish everyone would remember that there are actual people that are out there, trying to do their best.... pointing fingers and criticizing stings. Not saying this is what has happened here, but just what I'm seeing.

MOO

No one has mentioned the opening of the Lemont Quarries Adventure park next to the forest preserve where Jakes car was found. I wonder if the adventure park is within walking distance? I've never been there so idk. Maybe he went over to the adventure park?

I mentioned the quarries & Des Plaines River a few posts ago, although I did not mention the adventure park. They seem to have very limited hours so I doubt he went to that park. He went missing/was last seen in the evening of August 6 I sincerely hope he didn’t meet a sad fate in one of those bodies of water. Do we know if he has his phone on him? The family doesn’t want to release many details, but it would certainly help if they did.

JMO
I have been thinking the same thing. It's just odd that he was reported missing on August 8th but they didn't start searching until August 14th and it was written that the family isn't going to release anymore info and want to keep it private. ?

For some reason I am keeping hope alive but I am remembering the woman that went missing while hiking in Hawaii. They did quite a search for her and finally found her alive. I can't remember just how long she was lost. I'm remembering she went left instead of right and lost her way. I think they found her by a waterfall. She ate berries and drank water.
Amanda Eller. Lost for 17 days and found alive. Prayers this man will be found alive too.

For some reason I am keeping hope alive but I am remembering the woman that went missing while hiking in Hawaii. They did quite a search for her and finally found her alive. I can't remember just how long she was lost. I'm remembering she went left instead of right and lost her way. I think they found her by a waterfall. She ate berries and drank water.
Amanda Eller. Lost for 17 days and found alive. Prayers this man will be found alive too.

With all due respect, Waterfall Glen is a forest preserve in the middle of suburbia, with a large laboratory in the center, with at least 3 major roads surrounding it. It would be very hard to get lost there for any extended period of time. The “waterfall” is man-made, & only about 6 feet or so above the creek (and I’m sure the creek is nearly dry as we haven’t had much rain in over a month).

IMO: I still think he either ditched his car there & went elsewhere, OR he unfortunately wandered down by the river (which is sizable, regardless of rainfall).

ETA: Oh, I figured out how to add a screenshot haha. o_O
Blue: Parking lot where Jake’s car was found.
Red: Des Plaines River, canal, & quarries.
Yellow: Argonne National Laboratory.

Attachments

• 2BD549FD-4EA5-4481-9B0E-3E47D0F088E5.jpeg
    2BD549FD-4EA5-4481-9B0E-3E47D0F088E5.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 159
With all due respect, Waterfall Glen is a forest preserve in the middle of suburbia, with a large laboratory in the center, with at least 3 major roads surrounding it. It would be very hard to get lost there for any extended period of time. The “waterfall” is man-made, & only about 6 feet or so above the creek (and I’m sure the creek is nearly dry as we haven’t had much rain in over a month).

IMO: I still think he either ditched his car there & went elsewhere, OR he unfortunately wandered down by the river (which is sizable, regardless of rainfall).

ETA: Oh, I figured out how to add a screenshot haha. o_O
Blue: Parking lot where Jake’s car was found.
Red: Des Plaines River, canal, & quarries.
Yellow: Argonne National Laboratory.

Also looks like a good spot to park your car if you want to start the loop. I have now been around the loop with Google maps (at least as far as maps will let you). A lot of places where someone just stumbles into and you won't be found easily. By stumble I mean, after a stroke or heart attack, which is not that uncommon. That's one scenario.

His car is parked there, but indeed he went some other way. But then it will become increasingly difficult to ever find him, unless LE has some information he might not actually be in the park. Which I doubt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back