Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO If she was sleepy and also seeking mental health care I can imagine she was confused. It looked like the road was gravel/dirt next to a field of tall green plants. The container was shown on its side. It’s not a facility she drove into, but a large storage/garbage type bin that was open and on its side on someone’s property. Not like a suburban neighborhood but a large area with crops surrounding. There are many fields along the roads in AR.

MOO it was an accident. News up thread reporting not criminal.

So this is the area they have suspected the entire time. The area which I had been describing as agricultural which runs from the Mississippi River to the West Memphis levees. It is directly off I-55 between i-40 and I-55. If you pull up the map that area is a triangle. That’s where she was last heard from (On a dirt road) and where she was found.

the news reported the uncle stayed back and wanted to do “one last sweep” where she was last heard from. I have no idea how she managed to drive her car in there and then close back up the container doors. Moo, it looks like a tight fit for the car much less for her to go and then close the doors after she drove in. Yes it was flat on the ground. It is a shipping container. The ones you would typically see being shipped on a 18-wheeler or train.

Jmo she may have seen it and thought it looked like the perfect place/size to hide herself and her car. Apparently it was accessible, if her uncle was also able to get there to look inside. I believe it was by her choice that she ended up there...unless of course LE determines otherwise.

So this is the area they have suspected the entire time. The area which I had been describing as agricultural which runs from the Mississippi River to the West Memphis levees. It is directly off I-55 between i-40 and I-55. If you pull up the map that area is a triangle. That’s where she was last heard from (On a dirt road) and where she was found.

the news reported the uncle stayed back and wanted to do “one last sweep” where she was last heard from. I have no idea how she managed to drive her car in there and then close back up the container doors. Moo, it looks like a tight fit for the car much less for her to go and then close the doors after she drove in. Yes it was flat on the ground. It is a shipping container. The ones you would typically see being shipped on a 18-wheeler or train.
You can’t close them from the inside and it was found open. Perplexing too as to why it wasn’t searched in the first place.

After looking at the photo again, I don’t know how in the world she closed the doors behind her - how that transpired at all. The photo of the container (earlier in the thread) shows the tire tracks. No room on the right side and perhaps inches more on the left. Certainly doesn’t appear enough room to open a car door and then close the shipping container doors to shield the vehicle from view. Moo. I wonder why they are so quick to rule out foul play. I assume there is a lot more we don’t know.

After looking at the photo again, I don’t know how in the world she closed the doors behind her - how that transpired at all. The photo of the container (earlier in the thread) shows the tire tracks. No room on the right side and perhaps inches more on the left. Certainly doesn’t appear enough room to open a car door and then close the shipping container doors to shield the vehicle from view. Moo. I wonder why they are so quick to rule out foul play. I assume there is a lot more we don’t know.
That’s the only thing I can come up with. There have to be more reasons. Oh I how wish someone had crossed her path on that dirt road.

Honestly in this case I was reminded of Angela Armstrong. I never could see how she was able to walk out and tell her child by then go missing only to be found in an empty garage at her apartment complex. I assumed her cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning. I felt confident that wouldn’t happen here because there was no garage. I did wonder about a storage building, but never this. Just so incredibly devastating and indicative of the strong power of mental illness and despair. (Assuming no foul play stands)
Found Deceased - SD - Angela Armstrong, 45, Sioux Falls, 3 June 2020

People purchase these old containers to convert for various uses. My brother purchased one and turned it into a storage unit to store tools, ATVs and farm equipment. The storage unit is locked and has exterior lighting. Some people have converted storage containers into tiny houses.

Is that the trucking area off of Petro Road?

Looks like it's full of shipping containers and is a hub to pick up an deposit containers.
No, the area She was found is west of that. The boundaries of which are - I-40 to the north, I-55 to the south, west memphis levees to the west and the Mississippi River to the East. I said early on this area (which I have personally been) is VERY confusing. It appears as if you can access the interstates from down there and you can but only I-55 and not how it appears. It’s confusing and disorienting under the best case scenario. I can only imagine if you were having a mental break this is an area would be a nightmare.

I do wonder how those doors became closed, even partially closed. She was such a petite girl and (reportedly) confused.

If her prevailing state of mind made her think that she needed to hide, maybe she climbed out the back of the SUV, pulled the doors closed as best she could, climbed back into the SUV and closed the hatch. MOO

@Herat could the doors be moved by a gust of wind if they are pulled closed but aren't latched?

Honestly in this case I was reminded of Angela Armstrong. I never could see how she was able to walk out and tell her child by then go missing only to be found in an empty garage at her apartment complex. I assumed her cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning. I felt confident that wouldn’t happen here because there was no garage. I did wonder about a storage building, but never this. Just so incredibly devastating and indicative of the strong power of mental illness and despair. (Assuming no foul play stands)
Found Deceased - SD - Angela Armstrong, 45, Sioux Falls, 3 June 2020

Yes, Angela Armstrong was another recent-ish case that was strange and similar! I couldn't believe her car was in that garage that close to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708