FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found on street), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #3 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have not told us if or how she left Racetrak. We can only speculate. It is possible that whatever happened to that truck happened in the middle of the night in the Racetrac parking lot or the parking lot of Walmart. Yet, I think it would have been on camera and an easy arrest, not this situation were they are slowly making their case against him.

If this theory is the case, i would think they would have seen pings of his phone near the appartements at other times as well, and his car or her truck on video at other times.
They haven't released much info so they might be hanging onto that.
My gut doesn't seem to agree, but at least i think this scenario means it can be verified by LE and thus be solved.

He did say he drove her truck back to Walmart, but from where ? Might be related to all of the above as well...

Did he say when he drove the truck back there?

They have not told us if or how she left Racetrak. We can only speculate. It is possible that whatever happened to that truck happened in the middle of the night in the Racetrac parking lot or the parking lot of Walmart. Yet, I think it would have been on camera and an easy arrest, not this situation were they are slowly making their case against him.

but we do know she didn't leave in a dark sedan, and that SR's car wasn't where he described it as being at 2.30am that morning

edited by me as I made a pointless statement :rolleyes::)

I think this is all a day shifted.
The boy was found 26th in the morning.

She was at Cracker Barrel in Vero Beach on the evening of July 24. After that it's a 2+ hour drive to Hollywood. Not sure where she was that night. Special Agent in Charge Piro said she arrived at the Racetrac mid afternoon on July 25, disappeared on July 26, and her white Silverado 3500 pickup truck was found in Hollywood on July 28. At 12:01am on the 26th, SR was google searching about garbage pickup and at 1:45am he made the chloroform google search. Then after SR dropped off Kamdyn at the Edge Apartments parking lot around 8am on the 26th, SR bought trash bags, carpet odor eraser and duct tape at Walmart at 9:42am. Sometime on July 26, SR tried to sell Leila's truck to JM. The last known (to us) image of Leila was at 10:20pm at the Racetrac on July 25.

I agree. IMO, something happened to Leila over night on the 25/26th. Or at any rate, before 8:30 a.m. on the 26th when Kam was dropped off. I do not believe Leila would have allowed SR to leave Kam like that. I'll be shocked if that is the case.

I don't think anything of note happened with Leila and SR in the Walmart parking lot, either. LE found the truck on the 27th and put it under surveillance. SR rolled up on the 28th. That gave LE 24 hours to review camera footage from Walmart. But I don't think LE yet knew about RaceTrac until SR told them, so very likely had not viewed RaceTrac video before they released SR on the 28th.

SR mentioned in his video (Shannon Ryan) that Leila planned to sleep in her truck that night, but he did not say where. We do not know where the truck was on the night of the 25/26th. SR admits he cleaned the truck and returned it to Walmart on the 26th, but he makes no mention of where the truck was when he took it to be cleaned. According to the affidavit, he also attempted to sell the truck to JM for $1000 on the 26th.

I have no doubt the FBI knows by now the movements of the truck, but they have not released that info. It's my *personal opinion* that SR tracked Leila down in the early hours of the 26th and attacked her in/near her truck.

*Note - all facts in this post were taken from the affidavit posted upthread by @Tricia and the video SR posted, which is linked in this post. My personal opinion has been noted.

Last edited:
In Florida it’s normal to change your clothes standing outside your car using your car door as a dressing room at the beach.

As a native who grew up in the area, people do put on/take off beach coverups/regular clothing standing at the beach standing by their car. You might throw on a sundress or a pair of shorts and a tank top over your bathing suit. It isn't indecent - they have their bathing suits on, because that is what you wear at the beach. You rinse off the sand at the beach, are dried off by the time you stroll to your car, and change clothes while you wait for the A/C to start blowing cold air.

Young people who wear sports bras and bike shorts for undergarments might change clothes in a similar way, although that also seems to occur inside cars with tinted windows. If they were standing next to their car, you wouldn't think much of it in Florida - people out for a jog or bike ride might wear similar garments due to the heat.

Where do you think this took place? I agree the crime happened in the truck. The broken window, the bent visor, the red droplets, all indicate a struggle in the car. But did this happen in the parking lot in the middle of the night? So were SR, Kam, and Leila all planning to sleep in their cars in the parking lots?
JMO but I believe SR Lived out of his car.
No permanent address, using someone else's debit/credit card, using the RaceTrac location for use of their Wireless connection.
And from what we have seen, he posts a lot and does a ton of FB videos so he must hang out there all day/night long for him to have the wireless connection he needed.

I know, I know, but, at the same time it doesn't really have to mean anything, in regards to LC. The chloroform, i think it was to keep KC quiet for the night, bc of the timeframe of events and as afaik it's more a temporary sedatif than anything else. And the question wasn't, how to make it, but more like a consequence.

He wanted to sell the truck, his friend stated that. (To LE ? As to illustrate it wasn't just SR story)
So him wanting to clean and empty the truck would be normal for that.
Ducttape was bought after he dropped off KC, and window was truly broken as confirmed by LE, so could really be to tape that up.

They wrote red droplets, i think they could have had it confirmed to be blood or not before writing that up. If it was, it would have been way more incriminating, so why not include that ?

They didn't see her leave in a black car, but they also didn't see her leave with SR. (Right ? Or did i miss that ?)

And why would he even sell the truck to a friend if that was where the crime happened and they then could easily trace it back to him ? (Ok bc he is stupid could be an answer, like why search for the trash pick-up if you have something to throw away you don't want to be seen, buy trashbags, but dump it in the dumpster without trashbags, so it was seen after all. )

So LE probably keeps quiet to build their case , but idk, something is just not adding up.
(At least they got him before he got the idea to flee, all this is not to say he's such a great guy)
I think he cleaned the truck of any evidence and then tried to sell it to get rid of it, hoping it wouldn't be connected to him. He was probably hanging out at the gas station waiting for an opportunity to move it, and that's when he was surrounded by LE. Imo

12:01 a.m. 26 Jul - SR queries google about trash pick-up in Hollywood, FL. (Affidavit)

12:08 a.m. 26 Jul - SR posts on Facebook (Shannon Ryan)

1:45 a.m. 26 Jul - SR queries google about chloroform (Affidavit)

1:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. 26 Jul - No affidavit or Facebook data.

8:30 a.m. 26 Jul - Kam located in parking lot. (Affidavit)

9:42 a.m. 26 Jul - SR purchases trash bags and carpet deodorizer at Walmart. (Affidavit)

Approx. 15 minutes later - SR purchases duct tape at Walmart. (Affidavit)

11:20 a.m. 26 Jul - SR posts on FB. (Shannon Ryan)

11:20 a.m. - 4:02 p.m. 26 Jul - No affidavit or Facebook activity.

4:02 p.m. 26 Jul - SR posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

6:33 p.m. 26 Jul - SR Posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

8:59 p.m. 26 Jul - SR Posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

No Facebook activity until 8:44 a.m. 27 Jul when SR Posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

27 Jul (no time) - LE locates Leila's truck in Walmart parking lot and stakes it out. (Affidavit)

28 Jul (no time) - SR approaches Leila's truck in Walmart parking lot, keys in hand, apprehended and questioned by Miramar LE. (Affidavit)

Last edited:
JMO but I believe SR Lived out of his car.
No permanent address, using someone else's debit/credit card, using the RaceTrac location for use of their Wireless connection.
And from what we have seen, he posts a lot and does a ton of FB videos so he must hang out there all day/night long for him to have the wireless connection he needed.
Yeah he does live in his car. He posted a rant because someone called him homeless and he went on and on about traveling to the most beautiful places and hanging out with the most beautiful women without being confined to a place o_O

Yeah he does live in his car. He posted a rant because someone called him homeless and he went on and on about traveling to the most beautiful places and hanging out with the most beautiful women without being confined to a place o_O
Not anymore he won't. No more scenic ocean views or beautiful young women for him!

According to the article with the statement by his mother, after he got out of prison he lived with her before he went to Muscle Shoals where he lived with his girlfriend. It sounds like he's never been independent his entire adult life.

Except that he had shovels in the back of Leila's truck, I would have guessed he put her in the dumpster in a plastic bag (or two) and dumped her clothes and Kamdyn's stuff on top of her. With trash pickup that day, I doubt anyone would have noticed and would have just seen another full trash bag. Bodies don't start to smell for 2 - 3 days and Racetrac sells a lot of fresh foods, so there would be lots of food waste in the dumpster decaying on a normal basis. But he had shovels in the back of that pickup, one with red splatter on it. I'm wondering if the shovel was what he used to break the driver's side window and possibly hit her with it? Just theorizing...

Not anymore he won't. No more scenic ocean views or beautiful young women for him!

According to the article with the statement by his mother, after he got out of prison he lived with her before he went to Muscle Shoals where he lived with his girlfriend. It sounds like he's never been independent his entire adult life.
Yep. And he's been living in his ride since the gf kicked him out. Scamming vulnerable women with this witchy bullchit ever since. He's a predator and con artist of the most despicable kind.

I hope he NEVER gets out.

My personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members