The British Royal Family #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look carefully at the skirts first, and the dramatic halter neckline on the first image. I see a jacket with big sleeves in the second image, fabric of a good color match with a different stripe pattern.

Good call on seeing the dress again!

No vanity, I hope people would say that about me!

I cannot copy the video, so I'll have to link to the entire article

Princess Anne: A look at some of the Princess Royal’s funniest moments so far

You have to scroll down a bit for the video, titled
WATCH: Princess Anne has the best reaction as she is mistaken for Prince Charles

I recommend that you do not read the written text, the video is at least a 100 times funnier.

No vanity indeed, and what a wonderful sense of humour!

Interesting, I never saw that interview as a mistake. I thought it was brave and heart wrenchingly honest.

To this day, "there were three of us in the marriage" is an iconic phrase here.
I think the same thing although I do think she may have regretted that and the book later ? I think the only way we may know this though would be from someone she confided in and the only one that I know of is the butler - none of her close friends have talked very much have they ? jmo

I cannot copy the video, so I'll have to link to the entire article

Princess Anne: A look at some of the Princess Royal’s funniest moments so far

You have to scroll down a bit for the video, titled
WATCH: Princess Anne has the best reaction as she is mistaken for Prince Charles

I recommend that you do not read the written text, the video is at least a 100 times funnier.

No vanity indeed, and what a wonderful sense of humour!

They're great, and I love how polite she was to her kidnapper!! Did you notice Charles' hand gesture 22 seconds in on the Trump vid :D

I bet Anne is the one who makes her mum laugh the most. Not many of the royals are known to be funny.

I think the same thing although I do think she may have regretted that and the book later ? I think the only way we may know this though would be from someone she confided in and the only one that I know of is the butler - none of her close friends have talked very much have they ? jmo

That interview and book by Diana, as wronged wife of the future king, did not bring the monarchy down. Whatever Harry and Meghan do, they won't either. As I've said from day dot of this whole debacle: the family, the institution, is way way bigger than any individuals. Once this book and court case die down they'll fade into relative insignificance so I don't understand why some people are so obsessed with it all. Very Kardashianesque and a bit weird. Mooo.

Not sure whether this article was posted, but I do hope that Harry and his wife apologize for inadvertently thanking someone who has been relentlessly slagging off members of Harry's family day after day on a public forum:

"Prince Harry and Meghan Markle phoned a fan linked to a Twitter troll that posts foul-mouthed attacks on the Royals to thank her for her fundraising.

The fundraiser, who the Duke and Duchess are said to have told they were 'so moved and happy' after she raised £45,000 for charities, runs another Twitter account which has posted a thread of nasty comments about the Royal Family.

Posts referred to Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, as a 'b****' and Prince William as an '*advertiser censored**hole', while another called the Monarchy a 's***, messy, toxic institution'."
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle phoned fan linked to Twitter TROLL | Daily Mail Online

Distasteful.

Who Will Play Princess Diana in ‘The Crown’ Season 4 - Meet Emma Corrin

"She has to play charming comedy, flirt and social exhibitionist on the world stage, desperate and lonely self-harmer at her lowest ebb and the kind of psychological intensity of Mia Farrow in Rosemary’s Baby."

Well, that doesn't sound very flattering at all. Sounds like "Poor Charles" had to put up with so much...:mad:. No doubt, Camilla will be portrayed as a "supportive friend". o_O. Too bad I am not casting the show, I think Glenn Close as "Cruella DeVil" would make an excellent Camilla.

That interview and book by Diana, as wronged wife of the future king, did not bring the monarchy down. Whatever Harry and Meghan do, they won't either. As I've said from day dot of this whole debacle: the family, the institution, is way way bigger than any individuals. Once this book and court case die down they'll fade into relative insignificance so I don't understand why some people are so obsessed with it all. Very Kardashianesque and a bit weird. Mooo.
You're right.

The interview and book by Diana didn't bring the monarchy down and Megan and Harry won't either.

The Most Remarkable Majesty , The Queen will carry on with the same virtues that all her ancestors used to keep the UK and the Commonwealth intact. She, indeed, really deserves magnificent respect. We need to study and honor her for her guidance in very unexpected crisises. And the failed marriage of Charles and Diana certainly was one of them. As we all remember, she refused to lower the flag for the funeral, but then realized her subjects were stunned and grieving and recognized when humanity needs to intervene. I think she learned a lot from that entire episode.

The future is change and change is difficult. But the BRF will endure and promote it's values of service, honor, and faith.

As you say, I truly hope M&H will fade into relative insignificance. Truly.

But mostly, I miss Her Majesty's public appearances and wry and insightful comments so very much.

The butler, if its the guy I'm thinking of, sadly became a bit of a joke in the end. He went on I'm a Celeb amongst other things but really it was that some people felt he sold her out which changed his public persona. Shame, because he was no doubt v supportive of her at the time and came across as a likeable, gentle person.

Adding a JMO on this one.

Prince Charles will not renew lease on his organic Home Farm near Highgrove

Change is underfoot for the Prince of Wales as it has been confirmed by Clarence House that he will not renew his lease on his organic Home Farm. Charles, 71, has used the 1,000-acre plot near his country home Highgrove in Gloucestershire for 35 years.

It is understood that the Prince could not commit to a new 20-year lease, due for renewal in the spring of 2021, as he is expected to become King at some stage. It seems unlikely that Charles will be able to devote time to farming when he becomes monarch.
charles-william-farm-z.jpg

William and Charles at the farm in Highgrove in 2004

Now they want to be Hollywood royalty! PH and MM 'are pitching a top secret project to network execs and intend to serve as joint producers'

PH and MM are quietly shopping a top secret project to network executives as they settle into their new life in Hollywood, a new report claims.

Very few details are known about the project, including the concept behind it and whether it would be a TV series or some other format.

However, one source with knowledge of the idea said PH and MM intend to serve as joint producers on the venture should it get picked up.

Reports of PH and MM's elusive project came days after it emerged that the couple had secretly purchased a private family home in Santa Barbara, ditching Tyler Perry's 12-bedroom Beverly Hills mansion for 'considerable privacy'.

The insiders said that NBCUniversal was among the networks that heard the pitch.

They said that the couple held a meeting with the media giant's top executives, including NBCUniversal Content Studios Chairman Bonnie Hammer, who has known Meghan since her days on Suits.

Shortly after the Duke and Duchess announced their intention to step back from royal duty, a senior Netflix executive said the streaming giant would like to work with them.

Netflix's chief content officer Ted Sarandos said at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in January that the streaming giant would like to work with PH and MM, adding: 'Who wouldn't be interested? Yes, sure.'

Last edited:
Now they want to be Hollywood royalty! PH and MM 'are pitching a top secret project to network execs and intend to serve as joint producers'

PH and MM are quietly shopping a top secret project to network executives as they settle into their new life in Hollywood, a new report claims.

Very few details are known about the project, including the concept behind it and whether it would be a TV series or some other format.

However, one source with knowledge of the idea said PH and MM intend to serve as joint producers on the venture should it get picked up.

Reports of PH and MM's elusive project came days after it emerged that the couple had secretly purchased a private family home in Santa Barbara, ditching Tyler Perry's 12-bedroom Beverly Hills mansion for 'considerable privacy'.

The insiders said that NBCUniversal was among the networks that heard the pitch.

They said that the couple held a meeting with the media giant's top executives, including NBCUniversal Content Studios Chairman Bonnie Hammer, who has known Meghan since her days on Suits.

Shortly after the Duke and Duchess announced their intention to step back from royal duty, a senior Netflix executive said the streaming giant would like to work with them.

Netflix's chief content officer Ted Sarandos said at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in January that the streaming giant would like to work with PH and MM, adding: 'Who wouldn't be interested? Yes, sure.'
Perpetual slant.
They bought a home. How is that a secret? Did they manage to get to an office to sign like most people?
They are looking to produce a project, a typical work endeavor given their backgrounds and work history.
Business meetings regarding possible studio projects are confidential in nature, and are not usually described perjoritively as "secret."

Daily Mail didn’t strike me as pejorative in this case. H and MM moved without the public knowledge, privately so to speak. And their new endeavor, unknown to us, puts them in control of their project.

That’s quite a change from living in someone else’s home and relying on others for income or approval. Well they do go hand in hand don’t they (approval and income) when you rely on someone else.

But no sooner do they make the change than the cries go up, “How will they afford this?” none of our business as they aren’t reliant on the public. Of course this my opinion only. :)

You hit the nail on the head, Han. How they earn and spend their money is no longer in the public domain and is absolutely none of our business.

On a lighter note, today’s fun fact: not only does the Queen legally own all the swans in Britain, she can also claim any whales or dolphins caught within 3 mikes of our coast.

The remarkable reason why the Queen owns all swans in England

Given the information about the diary, and the publication of a journal called a book, what do people think? Did she publish her diary, or did someone else write a book about Markle and Harry without talking to them?

It wasn't a "kiss and tell", but there were some rather personal details such as who said "I love you first" and who was happy to see his girlfriend in the Botswana forest.

"I wasn’t aware that Meghan kept a diary, but even if she was chronicling that period, she is not going to be publishing a kiss-and-tell. That isn’t on the agenda for her or Harry.”

Though Meghan and Harry have long been frustrated with their press coverage, it’s unlikely that they would want to burn any bridges with the royal family. In the months since the couple left their royal roles, they have reportedly only been interested in projects that don’t insult or offend the monarchy, and during March, Harry made amends with Queen Elizabeth over lunch in Windsor.

Besides, they have already found ways to get their side of the story out there. The authors of Finding Freedom, journalists Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, have been covering Meghan for years, and have been quite sympathetic to the couple’s charitable pursuits and goals. What does she need a first-person account for when there’s already an instant Amazon bestseller on the way?"​

Meghan Markle's private diaries 'are ticking time bomb for the royal family'

"Just three months into their relationship, a Meghan pal said, they had already begun swapping the words “I love you.” It was Harry who said the three little but very loaded words first, but Meghan immediately replied, “I love you, too.” From there it didn’t take long for them to begin talking in non-oblique terms about their future." (p.58)​

Last edited:
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank join the Queen at Balmoral

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have been spotted arriving at the Queen's Scottish residence, Balmoral. The couple, who married in 2018, were snapped at the royal estate in photos which surfaced on Twitter on Wednesday.

Princess Eugenie, who was dressed casually in black leggings and a green wax jacket, appeared to have just exited a Land Rover and could be seen carrying a large orange box, which looked to be from Hermes – perhaps a gift for the Queen?

Her husband wore a blue sweater and dark trousers and the pair both had relaxed expressions. Eugenie and Jack are not the only royals to have made the trip from London to Scotland this month.

The Queen's youngest son, Prince Edward, his wife, Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, and their two children, 16-year-old Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn, 12, have also been spotted at Balmoral. The family joined the Queen last week, when the monarch was photographed enjoying a walk around the grounds with Louise and James.

It's traditional for members of the royal family to visit the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at the royal estate over the summer, but this year they are likely to stay in separate accommodation in order to cooperate with social distancing rules.

Prince Charles will not renew lease on his organic Home Farm near Highgrove

Change is underfoot for the Prince of Wales as it has been confirmed by Clarence House that he will not renew his lease on his organic Home Farm. Charles, 71, has used the 1,000-acre plot near his country home Highgrove in Gloucestershire for 35 years.

It is understood that the Prince could not commit to a new 20-year lease, due for renewal in the spring of 2021, as he is expected to become King at some stage. It seems unlikely that Charles will be able to devote time to farming when he becomes monarch.
charles-william-farm-z.jpg

William and Charles at the farm in Highgrove in 2004
Well that's a bummer. But then, I'd rather run a farm than be king or queen.

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank join the Queen at Balmoral

Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have been spotted arriving at the Queen's Scottish residence, Balmoral. The couple, who married in 2018, were snapped at the royal estate in photos which surfaced on Twitter on Wednesday.

Princess Eugenie, who was dressed casually in black leggings and a green wax jacket, appeared to have just exited a Land Rover and could be seen carrying a large orange box, which looked to be from Hermes – perhaps a gift for the Queen?

Her husband wore a blue sweater and dark trousers and the pair both had relaxed expressions. Eugenie and Jack are not the only royals to have made the trip from London to Scotland this month.

The Queen's youngest son, Prince Edward, his wife, Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, and their two children, 16-year-old Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn, 12, have also been spotted at Balmoral. The family joined the Queen last week, when the monarch was photographed enjoying a walk around the grounds with Louise and James.

It's traditional for members of the royal family to visit the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at the royal estate over the summer, but this year they are likely to stay in separate accommodation in order to cooperate with social distancing rules.
I’m so happy to hear Her Majesty The Queen and Prince Philip do have family visitors this summer!

The Crown: New trailer for fourth series offers first glimpse of Margaret Thatcher and Princess Diana - and confirms release date

The Crown's highly anticipated fourth series has its first trailer - giving fans a first look at Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher and Princess Diana in her wedding dress.
The new clip shows Emma Corrin as Diana as she is due to marry Prince Charles (Josh O'Connor), with a teaser shot taken of the character in her white dress from behind.

A post on The Crown's official Instagram page captions the trailer: "The monarchy. Above all else."
It marks Netflix's announcement of the launch date for the new series - 15 November 2020.

Trailer at link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member