FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found on street), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #3 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time she was seen on video was July 25th at 10:20 pm. So that's about 10 hours before Kam was found. However, LE said she was last seen on the 26th, hours before he was found but we don't know who saw her, whether she was seen on camera, or what time it was.
I wonder if the FBI didn't reference the 26th as the last time she was seen for a while there just to throw SR off. Her NamUs listing (and I believe other places as well) list her as last having been seen on the 25th. Perhaps the FBI referenced the 26th during that recent press conference in order to make SR think they were buying his story in an effort to get him to relax and slip up somehow.
The FBI has since stated that SR's story couldn't be confirmed because video has shown that LC & SR did not pull up to the pumps at 2:30AM on the 26th, nor was LC seen to leave with other men in a black sedan. But they were very specific on that statement. They haven't said that LC was not seen at any time on the 26th in any statements. So I was thinking that might have left the door open for the FBI to be holding another little tidbit of info that they hadn't shared with us yet. However, if you notice on this most recent video footage they released, the snippet from late on the 25th has a label that indicates it was the last time LC was seen on video. So that seems to confirm that LC wasn't caught on video on the 26th. So if she was seen on the 26th, it must be from a witness statement

I can't imagine him being that stupid either, but I guess you never know. He could have put the body in a container or a large garbage bag, then dumped all the clothes and toys on top of it.

I think once someone saw toys in the dumpster, the whole thing needed to be searched and combed for additional evidence. It's unlikely that Leila would be there, but evidentiary rules and protocol would require a thorough search.

Also to note it would be very, very difficult to leave a body in a Race Trac dumpster without attracting attention in such a high-traffic area. I wonder if LE is doing soil and dirt analysis on SA's tires. The sand part is interesting because sand varies, and they might be able to trace the sand in the baby's diaper to a specific location.

[I am new and watching this story with worry from near Leila's hometown. Thank you for all the important questions I'm finding here. My heart aches thinking about this case for the family and for Leila and for her son...]

I made a TL based on footage we have seen that's been released.

Timeline Leila's Events In FL

July 24th - Seen on video at Cracker Barrel in Vero Beach Near Insterstate 95

July 25th Time Unknown - Seen in Fort Lauderdale Beach and Las Olas during the day

July 25th: 2:20PM RaceTrac Station 5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021

July 25th -Leila seen via video footage getting out of Lexus at the Racetrac at 3:06PM on 5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021

July 25th - Leila enters Racetrack at 3:16PM on 5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021

July 25th 10:16 PM - Last known image she was seen at RaceTrac at 10:16PM at 5800 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33021

July 26th - Kamdyn found between 8-9 AM at 1800 block of Southwest 68th Avenue, in the area of the Willowbrook Apartments.

MSM news sources where I got my info:

$10K Reward For Information Leading To Location Of Missing Mom Leila Cavett

FBI Offers $10,000 Reward, Releases New Video in Missing Mom Case

FBI Offers Reward to Find Leila Cavett, Days After Man is Accused of Kidnapping Her Son (VIDEO)

I wonder if the FBI didn't reference the 26th as the last time she was seen for a while there just to throw SR off. Her NamUs listing (and I believe other places as well) list her as last having been seen on the 25th. Perhaps the FBI referenced the 26th during that recent press conference in order to make SR think they were buying his story in an effort to get him to relax and slip up somehow.
The FBI has since stated that SR's story couldn't be confirmed because video has shown that LC & SR did not pull up to the pumps at 2:30AM on the 26th, nor was LC seen to leave with other men in a black sedan. But they were very specific on that statement. They haven't said that LC was not seen at any time on the 26th in any statements. So I was thinking that might have left the door open for the FBI to be holding another little tidbit of info that they hadn't shared with us yet. However, if you notice on this most recent video footage they released, the snippet from late on the 25th has a label that indicates it was the last time LC was seen on video. So that seems to confirm that LC wasn't caught on video on the 26th. So if she was seen on the 26th, it must be from a witness statement
That makes sense. I thought maybe they were referring to his claim of when he last saw her, too. It's been confusing me ever since the PC that they said she was last seen on the 26th. They also said there was no SM activity "after" the 26th so I'm wondering about that, too. It sounds like there might have been activity on the 26th, but nothing after that. Imo

I am not sure why I keep racking my brain I just need to be patient and wait for LE. :rolleyes:Maybe the 2,30 am time is significant in that it is around the time he hurt her but then where was she

So they saw that his vehicle was near the dumpster so he must have cleaned out the truck and put her stuff and Kam's in the dumpster but they did not say what time. He clearly just chucked it in and not put it it in a garbage bag first so then was it before he went to purchase the stuff at Walmart? I am assuming the bags and duct tape was directly related to concealing Lena's body of was it to for the truck repair?(sorry I am still hoping she is alive but not looking good) so where was Lena and where was her truck at. How does the truck come in to play to account for new damages.

Yikes! I wonder if they are looking for DNA evidence to find out if her body was in there. Then maybe search the landfill? Do we know the pickup schedule for that area? I know SR googled it but I don't know the answer. I wonder if the reason he hung around for two days was to watch the dumpster and make sure it was picked up.
If they waited this long to take that dumpster, I would guess they either found some new video evidence that led them to something specific about it, or that SR is starting to share some details. - or, maybe he slipped up on his stories somehow and that gave them something specific to check out. I'm no forensics expert but it seems like it would be hard to test an entire dumpster for DNA, but they might be thinking they could find some trace of blood and run checks on that. Or maybe they want to test some of those bloodhounds to see just how good their noses are. I'm sure that dumpster is home to a LOT of different smells, but they say those dogs are pretty amazing at what they can pick up. And I would think it might help the dogs if they had the dumpster in a controlled environment where other smells (think gas pumps & storage tanks) & winds and what-not to make it harder for them.

That makes sense. I thought maybe they were referring to his claim of when he last saw her, too. It's been confusing me ever since the PC that they said she was last seen on the 26th. They also said there was no SM activity "after" the 26th so I'm wondering about that, too. It sounds like there might have been activity on the 26th, but nothing after that. Imo

Did they ever specify the time of the thumbs up to her grandmother?

Last edited:
Well that's not good. I wonder if they found Leila's remains at the landfill and are trying to link them to the RaceTrac? Why else would they take entire dumpsters?
Nothing on the news here about that. With NBC 6 having a helicopter you would think there would be some news footage of a landfill search.

I know this has not been discussed in depth or highlighted very much by LE, but Leila was seen in Vero Beach on July 24th at the Cracker Barrel with Kam. She is apparently first documented arriving in Hollywood and meeting SR around 2:30 pm on July 25th at the RaceTrac. Where did she stay on July 24th? Was she with anyone else at Cracker Barrel?
I am sure I read an article or saw a news clip that said Leila stopped at the Cracker Barrel on the way down. I am not sure of what was reported verbatim, but the wording left me thinking she had not encountered or was with anyone at that point. Where did she stay that night? It was not stated from what I remember. She could have slept in her truck. At that point driving from Ga. she must have been on the road for quite a few hours. Vero is a 2 hour drive to Hollywood from there. Maybe someone else can chime in, if they remember hearing "she stopped at the Vero Beach Cracker Barrel on her way down".

I am sure I read an article or saw a news clip that said Leila stopped at the Cracker Barrel on the way down. I am not sure of what was reported verbatim, but the wording left me thinking she had not encountered or was with anyone at that point. Where did she stay that night? It was not stated from what I remember. She could have slept in her truck. At that point driving from Ga. she must have been on the road for quite a few hours. Vero is a 2 hour drive to Hollywood from there. Maybe someone else can chime in, if they remember hearing "she stopped at the Vero Beach Cracker Barrel on her way down".

I would assume as much as well. Just wondered if there was any significance to who she may have been with or where she stayed that night. She did have a long drive but wonder what she was doing from that night until 2:30 pm the next day less the 2 hours it took her to get to Hollywood.

I can't imagine him being that stupid either, but I guess you never know. He could have put the body in a container or a large garbage bag, then dumped all the clothes and toys on top of it.

I think once someone saw toys in the dumpster, the whole thing needed to be searched and combed for additional evidence. It's unlikely that Leila would be there, but evidentiary rules and protocol would require a thorough search.

Also to note it would be very, very difficult to leave a body in a Race Trac dumpster without attracting attention in such a high-traffic area. I wonder if LE is doing soil and dirt analysis on SA's tires. The sand part is interesting because sand varies, and they might be able to trace the sand in the baby's diaper to a specific location.

[I am new and watching this story with worry from near Leila's hometown. Thank you for all the important questions I'm finding here. My heart aches thinking about this case for the family and for Leila and for her son...]
Welcome to Websleuths,
Allyoucantleavebehind!

The only way I can see him putting a body in the dumpster is if he was sure it would be picked up very soon. Still it would be very risky. You're probably right and they are just searching for more evidence. I wonder why it took so long.

I thought about the sand, too, and whether or not there was sand on the shovels. I bet they did look for sand and dirt on and underneath the vehicles. I'm sure they are doing a lot that SR never would have imagined!

Last edited:
FBI security video shows last-known images of missing mom | Daily Mail Online

32190602-8648505-image-m-45_1597953075477.jpg

The FBI has released surveillance footage showing the last known images of missing Leila Cavett whose two-year-old son was found wandering alone in a Florida neighborhood last month. Cavett is seen standing near the door of a gas station on the afternoon of July 25

32190606-8648505-image-m-47_1597953141436.jpg

Another clip shows her walking into the same gas station at around 10.16pm on July 25

32190604-8648505-image-m-55_1597953594716.jpg

Ryan claimed that Cavett had come to Florida to sell him her pickup truck (pictured)

32190584-8648505-image-m-56_1597953607813.jpg

According to a complaint, Ryan said Cavett met him at a gas station in Hollywood on July 25 before heading to the beach with the toddler in Ryan's gold Lexus (pictured)

Well that's not good. I wonder if they found Leila's remains at the landfill and are trying to link them to the RaceTrac? Why else would they take entire dumpsters?
Thats a great question. I would think though that it would kinda work the other way around. ...like the investigators would want to try to prove that there was some reason to believe a certain dumpster (or identifiable garbage source) may have contained something of interest before they started searching an entire landfill for clues. But yeah, the fact that they took that dumpster means there's *something* in the wind. Im thinking there's likely to be some very interesting details come out Monday morning. We'll see.

Thats a great question. I would think though that it would kinda work the other way around. ...like the investigators would want to try to prove that there was some reason to believe a certain dumpster (or identifiable garbage source) may have contained something of interest before they started searching an entire landfill for clues. But yeah, the fact that they took that dumpster means there's *something* in the wind. Im thinking there's likely to be some very interesting details come out Monday morning. We'll see.
Yes, initially I thought they believed her body had been in the dumpster and they needed probable cause to get a warrant to search the landfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam