Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many countries have free press and allow jurors to go home at the end of a court day. Other countries have strong rules around what a juror can and cannot discuss and I believe the US is one of those countries. Jurors, as far as I am aware, are not allowed to discuss the case whilst it is onging, with anyone, to do so, would mean that the jury is tainted and would be removed (or in any case that particular juror would be removed). Why do you think that it would be a problem?

I have been a journalist for much of my life, in print and broadcast media. Inexperienced reporters with poor news judgment can get aggressive in pursuit of a "juicy" story. I was like that early on in my career, in fact, and I'm not proud to say that. It isn't the jurors that concern me.

I've always been a bit suspicious of that "falling out of bed" and dying part. It seems to me like a CD embellishment. How did he know she fell out of bed anyway? Jmo

And was that before or after he woke up to find her lying next to him in bed, looking peaceful, as if she were asleep? Like many writers, Chad may be used to editing his stories with a heavy hand, even changing major plot points in midstream, but this story wasn't intended for a novel. In real life, it screams "guilty."

And was that before or after he woke up to find her lying next to him in bed, looking peaceful, as if she were asleep? Like many writers, Chad may be used to editing his stories with a heavy hand, even changing major plot points in midstream, but this story wasn't intended for a novel. In real life, it screams "guilty."
Unfortunately none of that will come into this trial as it isn’t relevant.

What was the story of Lori's attorney that died suspiciously? The one she owed lots of money to?

i am behind..... and I do not remember the lawyer's name at the moment but can find it..... But this article had mentioned some of her difficulties in Texas. Just shows how she always skirted the law as well as the truth..... That lawyer was involved in some of this crazy stuff.....

But a 2005 bankruptcy filing reveals financial challenges are nothing new for the mother of three, who reported more than $723,000 in liabilities at the time.

Back in August 2005 when she filed for bankruptcy, Lori was Lori Norene Ryan, recently divorced from her third husband, Joseph. Both of them were on the hook for $79,440.89 to the IRS.

According to the filing, Lori earned $3,700 per month as a self-employed hair stylist in Texas, plus $1,500 in support payments from her ex-husband, according to the bankruptcy filing. But her total monthly expenses were $6,200.

Lori had lived in a house worth $710,000 in a tony community known as La Ventana in the Driftwood suburb of Austin with her two children, Tylee, 2, and Colby, 9, and then rented a $1,900 per month apartment.

She still owed money on the home, however, as well as more than $28,000 in credit card debt, loans and other bills, including $11,346.03 on her ex-husband's Bank of America Visa and $5,150 on a Target credit card.

Lori had also failed to pay bills for a number of medical practices, including ER Physicians and the North Central Baptist Emergency Room, both in San Antonio, according to the filing.

The document shows that in addition to back taxes for 2000 and 2001 owed to the IRS, Lori also owed $19,563.00 to the local county tax assessor in San Marcos, Texas.

In 2003, she listed herself as unemployed. As a self-employed hair stylist in 2004, she earned $17,500. She had earned $24,000 for the same work between January and August 2005, according to her bankruptcy filing.

In 2005, Lori valued her wedding ring at $4,300, which cost much more than the $38.15 ring that appears to be the one she wore in her wedding pictures with her fifth husband, Chad.

Lori Vallow Daybell's History of Financial Trouble Revealed in Documents As Attorney Says She Can't Make Bail

Well, it doesn't seem to have been an issue in any other high profile cases, so why would this jury be any different? Juries are directed by the judge and by all accounts, take their duties seriously. Of course, there is trust that juries will be their duty and by and large they do.

Well stated. There are always folks that just don’t have any interest in viewing the news. They’ll find the proper jury wherever the trial lands.
Jurors take a pledge and we have to believe they take that pledge very seriously.

It definitely looked like Chad's chair was lowered to make him look less menacing today.
Where does Daybell get those shirts with the collars that fit perfectly, but otherwise hang off his slouchy shoulders like an unpitched tent? And is that also intended to make him appear less menacing? That fixed, sunken mouth is creepy. He has zero life energy.

In my opinion, CD referred to “Tammy’s sister” as his SIL who was against in MG’s call to him and LVD on December 8th that was heard in court. I don’t know her name, but it was mentioned in one of NE’s articles as the one who pointed out the pet cemetery. I agree about their “non-support” being entered into the legal forum for all to know at the hearing! MO also, but I’m not sure how much they knew on December 8th, but they did ask if the call was being recorded, so they suspected something, IMO.
i am behind..... and I do not remember the lawyer's name at the moment but can find it..... But this article had mentioned some of her difficulties in Texas. Just shows how she always skirted the law as well as the truth..... That lawyer was involved in some of this crazy stuff.....

But a 2005 bankruptcy filing reveals financial challenges are nothing new for the mother of three, who reported more than $723,000 in liabilities at the time.

Back in August 2005 when she filed for bankruptcy, Lori was Lori Norene Ryan, recently divorced from her third husband, Joseph. Both of them were on the hook for $79,440.89 to the IRS.

According to the filing, Lori earned $3,700 per month as a self-employed hair stylist in Texas, plus $1,500 in support payments from her ex-husband, according to the bankruptcy filing. But her total monthly expenses were $6,200.

Lori had lived in a house worth $710,000 in a tony community known as La Ventana in the Driftwood suburb of Austin with her two children, Tylee, 2, and Colby, 9, and then rented a $1,900 per month apartment.

She still owed money on the home, however, as well as more than $28,000 in credit card debt, loans and other bills, including $11,346.03 on her ex-husband's Bank of America Visa and $5,150 on a Target credit card.

Lori had also failed to pay bills for a number of medical practices, including ER Physicians and the North Central Baptist Emergency Room, both in San Antonio, according to the filing.

The document shows that in addition to back taxes for 2000 and 2001 owed to the IRS, Lori also owed $19,563.00 to the local county tax assessor in San Marcos, Texas.

In 2003, she listed herself as unemployed. As a self-employed hair stylist in 2004, she earned $17,500. She had earned $24,000 for the same work between January and August 2005, according to her bankruptcy filing.

In 2005, Lori valued her wedding ring at $4,300, which cost much more than the $38.15 ring that appears to be the one she wore in her wedding pictures with her fifth husband, Chad.

Lori Vallow Daybell's History of Financial Trouble Revealed in Documents As Attorney Says She Can't Make Bail
Thank you so much! That was the article I was trying to find, fascinating!

This MSM video just released about this case.

Thanks for posting this--it really helped me understand about this case. At 13:32 of the video, Lori is shown walking across the courtroom and I swear to me she looked like a poisonous rattlesnake slithering. The sheer evil that pours out of her being is almost numbing. To think that two innocent children relied on this snake for protection! I pray she will eventually be convicted of their murder.

Last edited:
I think you have a good point, most religious extremists do use beliefs already accepted by the group as valid- then take distort them to, well, extreme levels. Likewise some groups such as ISIS demand total acceptance of all "teachings".
<snipped for focus>

Many religions also venerate special visitations (think Lourdes), visions or revelations (Joseph Smith himself) or other instruments of spiritual growth; even Baptism has what outsiders might call supernatural aspects, and many Evangelical sects claim to be overcome by the Holy Spirit when "speaking in tongues" and so on.

In any of these religious contexts, someone whose head isn't bolted on securely might easily confuse someone like CD and LVD as visionaries worth at least a listen. They could then just get sucked in. People say that would never happen to them, and then it does.

People are curious. How do you make sure they don’t listen to the news or read newspaper articles or get on the internet?

Usually, if I understand it correctly, voir dire questions can be used to excuse any potential jurors who have seen media coverage of the case. If someone answers "Yes," the attorneys can follow up by asking if, in spite of that exposure, they feel capable of rendering an impartial verdict. They are likely to say "Yes," and that's acceptable. If they say "No," then they're struck from the list. People are usually pretty honest in these situations.

And really doesn't matter much. He could wear a Bambi costume and still look like a criminal to me.

this was done in the felon Arias and felon Anthony trial. Infact one if the felons was caught lowering the chair! I believe it was Anthony....to make them look petite, less menacing, ‘poor me’, etc. moo

I thought it was interesting in the request for discovery that has come to light this week that the prosecution is asking if either defendant is planning on using mental condition as a defense.

<snipped for focus>

That is interesting. I still think that Lori is going to flip on Chad and use a mental condition defense, which Idaho does allow per the PDF I linked in my previous post on Lori’s possible defense strategy:

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #47

IMO, digital forensic evidence will prevent her from effectively using the “blame Alex” defense, so her defense team will argue that she was so taken in by Chad’s beliefs that she believed that zombies inhabited her children’s bodies, and the only way to free the children’s souls was to kill the zombies.

I want to be clear that I don’t think that Lori truly believed her children were zombies. I do, however, think it’s likely a treasure trove of digital evidence will be found, which will implicate Lori was directly involved in the planning and/or killing of her children, so she will be unable to blame it all on Alex. IMO, in that scenario, using a mental condition defense is her only other option (aside from pleading guilty, I suppose).

All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member