Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am following the case of Covid for the 14 year old girl in Teton County, Montana. Because, they are still trying to figure out how this girl got exposed to Covid. She lives on a ranch, no one in her family has Covid, only one other case in the community, not related to her. Very interesting.

Perhaps she contracted COVID-19 from an animal - we know that dogs have contracted it. Although there haven’t been known cases of spread from dogs to humans, it might be possible. After all, the disease itself leaped from an animal to a human at some point early in the pandemic. Perhaps there’s a newly arrived animal on the ranch. Another possibility is a package that she opened - even if spread from mail/boxes is rare it is still possible.

An interesting case... Keep us posted.

Perhaps she contracted COVID-19 from an animal - we know that dogs have contracted it. Although there haven’t been known cases of spread from dogs to humans, it might be possible. After all, the disease itself leaped from an animal to a human at some point early in the pandemic. Perhaps there’s a newly arrived animal on the ranch. Another possibility is a package that she opened - even if spread from mail/boxes is rare it is still possible.

An interesting case... Keep us posted.

I wish that they would release more information, especially with people making decisions about school now. If any place seemed "safe" from Covid, a ranch in a small town in Montana, seemed pretty "safe". No airports within 100 miles, no trains, off the beaten path.

I wonder what her blood type is...there has been some discussion about blood type "A" being more likely to have a severe reaction to Covid.

Moo..in the beginning it was compassionate use only.

We have 6 NH outbreaks in our health district. The initial treatment is hydroxychloroquine, zpack and 60% recover and have mild/moderate symptoms.

My BFs sister who smokes 2 packs of cigarettes a day, severe COPD and other comorbidities, former military was in NH for physical therapy. She tested positive and they started the meds immediately and moved her to the Covid wing.

We just knew she was not gonna make it and would be transferred to the hospital. The only symptoms... low-grade temp for 3 days and diarrhea.

She's home and Covid free for about 20 days, now. I do feel there was some devine intervention with all her comorbidities. At the NH some deteriorated quickly, about 60% improve at the facility.

Moo....

wow! how old is she?

Texas

Total Tests

Antibody Tests
as of 8/20/2020

————————————————
567,580 Cases Reported
11,051 Fatalities
117,704 Estimated* Active Cases
438,825 Estimated* Recoveries

Counties Reporting Cases
251 of 254

I wonder what her blood type is...there has been some discussion about blood type "A" being more likely to have a severe reaction to Covid.
As with everything else it seems there once was discussion about blood type ‘A’ being more susceptible... and then there wasn’t. MOO

Last edited:
Ready for this one? My husband's friend posted a FB online reason to NOT wear a mask. Seems he believes masks were used by Islam to control people. So, if you wear a mask today, the government is trying to control you. I told my husband to unfriend this guy.

37 Places You’re Most Likely to Catch Coronavirus | Eat This Not That

I thought this was a very interesting article: it rates 37 activities/places and risk involved in contracting the virus. I was shocked that going to the hair dresser is considered a moderate risk (7) with 9 being the highest risk. going to the hair dresser, even with masks, is on the same risk level as playing football!!! i go to the hair salon every couple weeks and honestly i have never assessed the risk that high. now i am freaking out. They recommend having the stylist come to your home.

Waiting in a doctor's office is rated as 4 and it is suggested you wait in your car. I have visited a couple docs and i waited in the waiting room. hmmmm

This is a great list and some of it may surprise you as far as risk is concerned: i printed it.

#22 is the only risky thing I do.

I'm up in the air about my job. My product is in grocery stores. I routinely spend in excess of 90 minutes at one store. But I don't wander around and I don't socialize. I dunno. Jmo

I'm up in the air about my job. My product is in grocery stores. I routinely spend in excess of 90 minutes at one store. But I don't wander around and I don't socialize. I dunno. Jmo

Any time you leave the house it is a risk---- but i can't imagine staying indoors for two years and never leaving ( though i have a friend who has not left her home in 6 months- she has food delivered)

U.S continues to have more than 1,000 deaths a day. I can't remember the last time we had three days in a row that weren't over 1000. We're closer to 1200, as usual - not to 1000. It doesn't seem to matter how many die or what the numbers are.

And new cases sit at around 50,000 per day. So, just like the international stats say - about 5% die.

The majority of those deaths are over 65/70.

Personally, I think we've reached a plateau, with a deep battle between the masked and unmasked. Ultimately, the unmasked will be harder hit - whoever they are. And jobs will decline, particularly in service industries.

We also have an untold story about who gets aid/UI and who doesn't.

Any time you leave the house it is a risk---- but i can't imagine staying indoors for two years and never leaving ( though i have a friend who has not left her home in 6 months- she has food delivered)

Quite a few of us are living that life - of staying home. We go for a walk that never takes us further than 1 mile from our house, we are the ones who wear masks and cross the street. Yep, we pay for grocery delivery.

And Instacart is hiring - so if people wonder what happened to their service jobs as waitpersons, maybe think about joining Instacart. Lots of older people (45 and up) who are being very careful. Parents, in particular, want to be alive to pay the bills for their kids. I think more than 50% of Americans are careful - but the rest are making it impossible for us to go back to Normal.

MOO. I do have to imagine staying indoors for 2 years - and to say that I'm depressed about it is an understatement. Every single teacher in my division feels the same way. It's not hard to figure out why.

I couldn't do it. I barely survived my company's 6 week shutdown.

Let me tell you, about 4 weeks into it I was despondent. I came in from the front yard and quite passively announced a snake slithered over my foot. I literally sat there and watched it. Totally detached. I scared myself.

I couldn't do it. I barely survived my company's 6 week shutdown.

Let me tell you, about 4 weeks into it I was despondent. I came in from the front yard and quite passively announced a snake slithered over my foot. I literally sat there and watched it. Totally detached. I scared myself.

Holy moly!!!!

Are you interacting with other masked people while staying at least 6 feet apart? Are you in well-ventilated spaces? 90 minutes seems like a long time if you are close to other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3