Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is heartbreaking. :(

I keep thinking about the gym and wondering if it was a Crossfit gym--I know I've had some scary encounters with men at those gyms who didn't seem to understand boundaries. I wonder if L was connected to her gym in any way. Trying to think of how she knew him, since LE seemed to suggest they weren't strangers to each other.

It was not Cross Fit. It was an independent local gym.

So is this the first time ? Several missing young women in the area - maybe they should check the land thoroughly where she was found ?
Jmo

And there’s this that happened two days ago around the 3pm hour. Wasn’t that around the same time Sydney went missing? It was another female jogger in Jonesboro. What I find strange is LE mention a suspect and stalker but it also states the female jogger says she doesn’t know if her attacker was male or female because he/she attacked her from behind.

It’s on this page but you have to scroll down a bit.

Woman reports attack while running at the park; Other reports released Tuesday and Wednesday by JPD

This is a huge tragedy for the community. Not only is QL a farmer but his family is also well known in the area, and they are a past recipient of Jackson County Farm Family of the Year.

Michael helped his son, Quake, who graduated from Tuckerman High School in 2010, rent land and gave him equipment to help him get his start in farming.

“I’ve always worked on the farm,” Quake said. “I began driving a yellow Ford, … hauling seed for Dad.

“We all have our own farms, but we help each other out,” Quake said.

“We are a true family farm,” Michael said. “From my dad, Donald, to me, to my son, Quake.

Three generations recognized for farm operation

Last edited:
UPDATE: Body found Friday confirmed to be Sutherland; man in custody

Aug 21, 2020

Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas has confirmed a man is in custody in connection with the death of Sydney Sutherland.

The suspect is currently in the Jackson County Jail. As of this posting the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department has not officially released the suspect’s name pending formal charges, but officials have confirmed a 25-year-old male is in custody on a homicide charge.

While the name of the suspect and a booking photo have been circulating on social media as of the time of this post, White River Now will await official confirmation from officials on the suspect’s identification.

Earlier Friday, Sutherland’s body was found by authorities. Some media outlets initially confirmed that the body found was Sutherland’s, but Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas held back on offering an official identification.

However Friday evening, the family of Sutherland’s boyfriend confirmed the body was that of Sutherland’s.

UPDATE, Aug. 21, 2020, 6:30 p.m.: The family of Sydney Sutherland’s boyfriend, Alex, has confirmed on Facebook the body discovered Friday afternoon was that of Sutherland. The post (below) also notes a person has been confessed and has been arrested. No names were released.

The family has also asked for prayers for the suspect's family as they also have to face what has happened.

So my understanding is that to be charged with capital murder the police think you committed 1) homicide while committing 2) a very specific felony chosen from a list. One of those options being rape.

Sure looks like this wasn't an accident.

So my understanding is that to be charged with capital murder the police think you committed 1) homicide while committing 2) a very specific felony chosen from a list. One of those options being rape.

Sure looks like this wasn't an accident.
It's difficult to comprehend the suspect participating in the search for SS when she was allegedly somewhere on his property all along. :eek: It's like taunting the entire community.

Can somebody please provide the link citing capital murder as official charges. I can't find where this has been released -- only booked on a homicide charge. I don't believe this (capital murder) has been read into any record. TIA

VINELink

QUAKE LEWELLYN

Custody Record
Age28
GenderMale

RaceWhite
Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Jun 20, 1992
ID NumberB6454
Custody Status Date Aug 21, 2020 07:52 PM CDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Jackson County Jail
Book Date Aug 21, 2020 06:43 PM CDT

Newport, Newport,

It's difficult to comprehend the suspect participating in the search for SS when she was allegedly somewhere on his property all along. :eek: It's like taunting the entire community.

I think that is pretty typical, they like to stay in the mix of things, so they hear what is going on. Sometimes they will attend the funeral too. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie