FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found on street), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #3 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to police, a Google search on Ryan’s phone showed: “What day does commercial garbage pickup for Hollywood, Florida,” and “Does bleach and alcohol make chloroform.”

Cavett is presumed dead. Her body is still missing.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/broward/missing-alabama-mom-presumed-dead-man-arrested-during-investigation-appears-in-court/

Wouldn't they have found her already if she was in a dumpster? It sounds like the body is somewhere else. :(

Dumpsters are emptied into garbage trucks and taken to the dump along with hundreds of thousands of pounds of other trash. It’s hard to find a body in that.

Dumpsters are emptied into garbage trucks and taken to the dump along with hundreds of thousands of pounds of other trash. It’s hard to find a body in that.

It sounds like they found the toys and clothes in the dumpster (not the landfill) and I'm trying to imagine if there were separate deposits or trips to the dumpster and one dumpster didn't get checked before going to the landfill?

Sometimes, depending on the disposal area of the dump, it is possible to have a search location. If the trucks on this route had a particular zone assigned, there are search possibilities. There have been successful searches of dumps, as long as the potential disposal area can be mapped. Difficult and terrible, especially during a pandemic, but if the disposal area could be narrowed down, a search might yield a body.

I think it's possible that LC did take off in a car, with other people, with her son in tow after 10:20pm 0n 7/25. This may have been caught on surveillance camera but not released to the public. I also think its possible that during this time, SR's ego was suffering. Upon LC's return to the truck to sleep with Kamdyn around 2:30am is when the fit hit the shan. SR with his injured ego, probably approached the truck trying to get LC to open up. LC refused and SR then broke the driver's side window. The two struggled and whatever happened, happened. SR ends up with Kamdyn then decides to drop him off at the apartment complex in Miramar between 8:00am and 8:30am on 7/26. Where was LC's truck from the afternoon of 25th to the 27th when the license plate reader picked it up at Walmart?

BBM I seriously doubt that. Why then did they specifically say in the affidavit that Leila was not captured getting into a black car? If there was any video of her getting into a car, beside SR's, I believe the FBI's press conference would have pictured that car as well as SR's.

BBM I seriously doubt that. Why then did they specifically say in the affidavit that Leila was not captured getting into a black car? If there was any video of her getting into a car, beside SR's, I believe the FBI's press conference would have pictured that car as well as SR's.
Yes, sounds like victim blaming to me.

It sounds like they found the toys and clothes in the dumpster (not the landfill) and I'm trying to imagine if there were separate deposits or trips to the dumpster and one dumpster didn't get checked before going to the landfill?
It’s actually uncertain if they did find the clothes/toys. It’s only been stated that an employee recalls seeing them in the dumpster and recognized the floral pattern pants Leila was wearing in surveillance picture. They never said the clothes and toys were recovered unless I missed that.

I'm not sure if they actually retrieved the clothing and toys. Apparently an employee noticed them in there, but LE may not have known until later. SR was also seen near the dumpster. I don't think there are cameras there but I could be wrong.

ETA just saw above post. I'm pretty sure the garbage had been picked up by the time LE learned they had been there. If the body is in the landfill they may never be able to find it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if they actually retrieved the clothing and toys. Apparently an employee noticed them in there, but LE may not have known until later. SR was also seen near the dumpster. I don't think there are cameras there but I could be wrong.

ETA just saw above post. I'm pretty sure the garbage had been picked up by the time LE learned they had been there. If the body is in the landfill they may never be able to find it.
So then they're looking for signs of decomp in those dumpsters. moo

So then they're looking for signs of decomp in those dumpsters. moo
I think it's possible. There may be traces of blood also. The garbage must have been picked up two or three times since the 25th, so I'm not sure what else they would be looking for.

I think I read that the garbage company that picked up at that gas station was Waste Management, but I wasn't able to find a schedule. There must be a few others, so I don't think we know for sure.

IMO

I'm pretty sure it was 12:01am on the 26th. That's why I mentioned it was only about 10 minutes after her last activity but I guess I'll have to check to see if that's right. Either way it points to premeditation. Imo
I checked the affidavit and it says he searched on the 26th at 12:00 am for garbage collection, and at 1:45 am "on the same day," searched for how to make chloroform.

I think in my other post I had it backwards.

I seriously do not think he put her in a dumpster. He had shovels for a reason she is somewhere other than a dumpster. Everglades is not far from there as well as that ping his phone was that was 30 mins away from where Kam was found.
That's what I thought initially. I think he used the shovels to break the window and possibly for the attack itself since they had blood on them. He may have used them for digging but I would think in that case there would not be droplets of blood visible. It sounds to me as if there was blood spatter on them. Imo

I feel so sorry for Leila. Her life seemed to be uncertain in a lot of ways, but looking at her pictures of Kam, it seems obvious to me that she loved her son.

She was a very young, struggling mother and did not deserve what this evil predator did to her. It breaks my heart that Kam will now have to grow up without her. :(

Yes, sounds like victim blaming to me.

Sounds like you need to read my post again. In no way did I suggest Leila brought harm onto herself. At the time of my post, it wasn't clear if she knew anyone else in Florida besides SR. If she had taken off for a bit with folks she did know, so what? My only thought at the time was that it could've set SR off into a jealous rage. However, after catching up on the recent reports, it appears that SR was her only contact in Florida - so that theory is blown.

As for the dumpster, I have some thoughts around whether LE could determine if LC was placed in, besides tests for decomp.

I only learned this through a case here in the U.K. but when the waste arrives at landfill, it is weighed before it is dumped. I don’t know whether the same happens in the US but if so, I would assume LE spoke with employees at the landfill site to determine the weights of the loads dumped in the week or so after LC was missing to determine whether any of the loads were heavier than usual. Granted LC was what, 120lbs? I would expect they would still notice the difference. JMO.

I'm pretty sure it was 12:01am on the 26th. That's why I mentioned it was only about 10 minutes after her last activity but I guess I'll have to check to see if that's right. Either way it points to premeditation. Imo

Okay thanks.

It just dawned on me that Leila drove all that way to her death. I don't believe that was his plan initially but who knows.
I hope they don't start calling him wandering witch , he ain't nothing but a fraud.

Based on the interview with mom and my sleuthing it seems Leila fought with everyone she lived with. Mom said she was always very resilient and moved out in her teens, sO for sure put up a fight and probably cursed out that fraud, she probably hurt his fragile ego.

I wonder if maybe she had some undiagnosed Adhd or something which lead her to drugs and not getting along with family. MOO

In his video SR said she said she was homeschooled and her parents molested her. I dont believe this. But I would like to know if they were homeschooled

Sometimes, depending on the disposal area of the dump, it is possible to have a search location. If the trucks on this route had a particular zone assigned, there are search possibilities. There have been successful searches of dumps, as long as the potential disposal area can be mapped. Difficult and terrible, especially during a pandemic, but if the disposal area could be narrowed down, a search might yield a body.

Drones could be useful for searching inside Garbage Disposal Sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07