Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a scary case. Going anywhere alone as a woman, you always have to be so vigilant :( I wonder if she was jogging with headphones in. Reminds me a bit of Sierah Joughin (sp?)

There was a poster earlier saying that this is uncommon, it doesn't happen as often as we think..we just think it does because of being a part of Websleuths.

It is happening WAY too often in my opinion

I was a member of websleuths for years and then it happened in my family.
One girl is too many.
We can never be too cautious
We always have to be aware instead of "playing the odds" that it probably won't happen to us.
There's WAY too many dead because of the feeling that "it won't happen to me"

I saw that too, there is a fairly large medical claim against the estate, which was more than the stated value. I saw no mention of land either.
What was odd was the fight over who would be executor. It would seem there would be nothing left of the estate?
Hi! :)

Yes, I thought it was odd, too. I am not thinking it was fighting as much as having to modify due to original heir being deceased and change in The final will to go equally to Sydney and her siblings. I think the property value was 41,400. But after the medical claims, I think it would be negative. MOO

There was a poster earlier saying that this is uncommon, it doesn't happen as often as we think..we just think it does because of being a part of Websleuths.

One girl is too many.
We always have to be aware instead of "playing the odds" that it probably won't happen to us.

Don't want to get thread to off track but I am a woman and walk my dogs in late evening in a field behind a cemetary. It is isolated down in the back and I can't even begin to tell you how many women I encounter walking alone at almost dark and they almost all have ear buds in. Even a female state trooper who I befriended along the way. Sometimes if they are still down the back walking and I am leaving I will sit in my car and wait for them to come back up. It scares the hell out of me for them. I almost always have someone with me even if they don't walk and carry pepper spray plus 2 large dogs. I have been spooked a few times. Vigilance is a must and ear buds should never be worn when out and about alone. Woman have to be very alert. Sad but very true. MOO

One girl is too many.
I still think of your sweet Sierah, hugs!!

I’m in the uk and guilty of running alone in woods and country parks,earbuds in ( I know,I know!) Also walk the pup at twilight on the field ,no earbuds

I’m more scared of encountering a deceased person as it’s always runners and dog walkers who seem to find them!

Hi! :)

Yes, I thought it was odd, too. I am not thinking it was fighting as much as having to modify due to original heir being deceased and change in The final will to go equally to Sydney and her siblings. I think the property value was 41,400. But after the medical claims, I think it would be negative. MOO
Hello to you :)

I thought it was pretty clearly spelled out that in the event so and so ... it listed quite a few of them. At the end of the list, estate would revert to the State as if she died with no heirs.

I run with my little 9mm Sig Sauer. My Chihuahua would try to protect me but she runs too slow. Lol

Ha ha! Cute.

The problem with running with a gun is most of the time people who attack joggers attack them from the side of behind, ambush style. So often no time to grab it, aim it and fire. I wear a bear claw around my neck on a break away chain for that reason, especially if I’m without my dog. But even with my dog, four legged predators can attack from behind or the side.

If she was executed in some revenge type thing, nothing would have protected her.

Arkansas jogger, 25, is found murdered near her home two days after she went missing | Daily Mail Online
Police said the body of Sydney Sutherland was discovered in Newport on Friday, following a three-day search operation using K-9 units and helicopter crews.
[....]
Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas confirmed a man has been arrested in connection to her death and is expected to be charged with homicide.
[....]
He has been charged with one count of capital murder, according to online jail booking records cited by the outlet.
[....]

If they shot my dog, that’s the only way. Otherwise, no one is getting near me.

The investigator leading Mandy’s case believes she was ordered into a vehicle by her killer, at gunpoint. Not overpowered while jogging.

Of course not all dogs are that protective. But if you have one that is, that will at least protect you from being ambushed from the side or behind.

I carry weaponry as well. Quite a bit. Because, Websleuths, as someone said above, and mountain lions, coyotes and start dogs. (Pepper spray, tactical whip, bear claw knife, among others).

And I never use airbuds or ear phones. I like the peace and quiet of hearing myself breathe, my shoes hitting the ground and the sounds of birds, frogs, the breeze and water running when it’s around.

But no one is getting to me unless they shoot my dog dead. She’s savage if anyone comes near me. And hyper alert.

I think we can’t ever be 100% safe. It’s not realistic. Neither should we have to be. It’s ridiculous that there are so many predators who feel entitled to prey on women and children.

But there are some things we can do to hedge our bets. Pathetic that we have to. But for me, being in nature and exercising outside is life. I need it to stay sane.
I discovered this case today - it reminded me of Mollie Tibbetts. I sometimes walk or run alone, (not right now due to the fires) and these cases are scary. I was out on a beach path alone last weekend, it started getting dark, and I got spooked, so I walked back through the residential area, looking over my shoulder every half-minute or so. Probably not too smart of me.

RIL, dear Sydney, I am so sorry that your life was cut short by this sub-human.

Thanks Knox...

Investigation Discovery ID channel is doing a show on Ce that will be aired Sept. 8th.
They came out and spoke with Josh for an extended amount of time.

As soon as I read the details surrounding Sydney's disappearance I thought of Ce, and you, and Josh. Really looking forward to ID's show featuring her case.

The minute you feel spooked, take notice. I have read that this reaction is the result of thousands and thousands of years of hunter gatherer instinct. Unfortunately, Sydney may have been instantly ambushed. RIP sweet nurse.

ACKSON COUNTY, Ark.– The Jackson County community is mourning the loss of Sydney Sutherland, whose body was found Friday afternoon.

A source familiar with the case confirms Quake Lewellyn, 28, is being held on suspicion of capital murder.

Authorities say Sutherland went for a jog near her home Wednesday afternoon and never returned.

We talked to people in the area who knew both Sutherland and Lewellyn and say they were shocked to hear the news.

Man arrested in connection to the death of Sydney Sutherland; community reacts to news | KARK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans