Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be such a long time coming tho', such a very long time.
It's difficult to find ways to pass the time while waiting.
I'm reminding myself that I'm already forgetting what I already knew. By the time the trial starts that will have multiplied phenomenally.

It is possible, I suppose that they will attempt to use a much bigger building, but even then, without an amazing ventilation system a degree of risk will remain and persist.
Almost like another nail in the coffin for justice, ominous, in a manner.
True, but I tend to think of it more in terms of small mercies. Unlike many families of the missing (sweet Kyron Horman, little DeOrr Kunz, to name just two), Gannon's family got him home, they know what happened to him, they aren't left wondering for years on end when their loved one will even be found, let alone if the perpetrator will be found and brought to justice. Ol' hair-in-her-face is behind bars and isn't going anywhere except to prison eventually.

Last edited:
I'm reminding myself that I'm already forgetting what I already knew. By the time the trial starts that will have multiplied phenomenally.

It is possible, I suppose that they will attempt to use a much bigger building, but even then, without an amazing ventilation system a degree of risk will remain and persist.

This happens to me with pretty much every case I follow, and it always makes me sad, to forget things. Part of the reason I'm so glad for those members who start and maintain a media thread, so that we don't forget. It feels like the least we can do for these people taken too soon.

Apples vs. oranges. IMO

One person entering the police academy is nowhere near the same situation as 12 jurors plus two alternates, plus judge, court reporter and bailiffs, plus prosecution and defense teams, plus the accused, plus witnesses, plus the community, plus media.

In order to give sleuthers more of a sense of why it could be taking so long to get the murderer to face justice, I posted what our prosecutor's office is contemplating doing based on the conditions in our state (the original epicenter in the US) and county. Face shields are not allowed under our state's mask order. They do not protect others from either symptomatic or asymptomatic people exhaling the virus into the atmosphere in enclosed areas like a courtroom.

Further, there are no rapid tests in our county. Results take 3-4 days.

I could go on and on but I don't want to veer off topic any more than I already have.

There is not just 1 person in the police academy. Its sort of like basic training.

I think our perceptions of Covid-19 vary based on the part of the country we live in. For instance, my daughter went back to school 2 weeks ago. Yes in person class, with up to 20 kids per classroom. She has to wear a mask. The lunchroom is every other seat for social distancing. Kinda like our open restaurants.

I have followed this case from the beginning and have only wanted for Gannon to come home to his loved ones! I've watched the love of his mom and dad and the grief they have shared with the world! Bless them! This isn't the concern of this site but I am wondering how I can reconcile the love of the parents and the vultures that want to to make money off of their tragedy? I see on social media so many things that are suspect and it upsets me? How do you deal with this, the anger at those that exploit?

It is possible, I suppose that they will attempt to use a much biggeomg noOw lol bh r building, but even then, without an amazing ventilation system a degree of risk will remain and persist.
How long ya think it will take
I have followed this case from the beginning and have only wanted for Gannon to come home to his loved ones! I've watched the love of his mom and dad and the grief they have shared with the world! Bless them! This isn't the concern of this site but I am wondering how I can reconcile the love of the parents and the vultures that want to to make money off of their tragedy? I see on social media so many things that are suspect and it upsets me? How do you deal with this, the anger at those that exploit?
Actually this site is concerned about Gannon and his family .. bit some of us don’t have social media to even know what you are talking about

How long ya think it will take

Actually this site is concerned about Gannon and his family .. bit some of us don’t have social media to even know what you are talking about
Not having the social media aspect is great as it allows this site to be a site that is based in facts and allows the factual exchange of events. But I am guessing that some percentage of commentators also look outside of this site for information or guidance. There is no right or wrong and I would not bring to this site theory that is not based on evidence. I am asking only in a human perspective how to reconcile the thoughts that this family and others of tragedy are often exploited for monetary gains at the expense of their loss? Do we on this site contribute in any way towards that exploitation? I don't think we do but feel a need to validate that? Does that make sense?

You dump social media (literally, cancel accounts & delete shortcuts) and give your brain & heart the break it needs from all the trash that you can't do anything about anyway.
It's much easier than it might seem.

Not having the social media aspect is great as it allows this site to be a site that is based in facts and allows the factual exchange of events. But I am guessing that some percentage of commentators also look outside of this site for information or guidance. There is no right or wrong and I would not bring to this site theory that is not based on evidence. I am asking only in a human perspective how to reconcile the thoughts that this family and others of tragedy are often exploited for monetary gains at the expense of their loss? Do we on this site contribute in any way towards that exploitation? I don't think we do but feel a need to validate that? Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes perfect sense.
Our society suffers from information overload.
Social media is a great contributor to that.
Social media is also chock full of lies, rumor, innuendo and gossip and it NEVER stops (literally).
The absolute worst society has to offer and even LE agencies are now issuing warnings about it, because it's so freaking cancerous when it comes to criminal investigations.
There IS truth there too, but it's often buried in the trash & hard to find.

For me, I've cancelled twitter & insta and kept my personal FB but pared down all contacts except family & close friends.
It's been a huge, liberating blessing.

So, at the end of the day, you do what's healthiest for you.

Social media is also chock full of lies, rumor, innuendo and gossip and it NEVER stops (literally).
The absolute worst society has to offer and even LE agencies are now issuing warnings about it, because it's so freaking cancerous when it comes to criminal investigations.

For me, I've cancelled twitter & insta and kept my personal FB but pared down all contacts except family & close friends.

AMEN!!!!!!

I hope we don't contribute to it but we only work with open source materials here and they are widely available to all and sundry.
The only two options as I see it are litigation by victim and criminal prosecutions for harassment, preferably both. Malice is rife. Victims are targets. Platforms are woefully badly supervised but they must take responsibility too.
Many of these people are repeat offenders.
De-platforming removes their vehicles.
I just report until my fingers are blistered .
It achieves nothing but it's at least an action.
Hope this helps?

Dumped SM as well. Am so much happier-I really am.

Greetings, all.

I dumped FB for months but found with my kids back in school, that is the best way to stay on top of school-related things. I haven't been reading much on the Gannon pages, though. I see updates from LH's aunt that I read to keep sort of up to date. But have sort of been trying to avoid it. I must admit, I am feeling anxious about the upcoming trial and even coming here. I want to keep up, but this case sent me into such a major emotional spiral and I just don't know if I can go there again. :( Then I feel selfish and callous. If his family can be strong, I should be strong for them.

How do you veterans do it?

I have a friend entering the police academy. Each new recruit is tested for covid 19 before being allowed in.

Perhaps the court could test (all negative) then sequester. It'd suck for jurors.

Witnesses can wear face shields.

Good point...I know that sequestering jurors isn't as common as it used to be, but it has been done as recently as the George Zimmerman and Bill Cosby trials.

I would think they would want to sequester the jurors given LS penchant for violence/ bribery COVID or not.

Also, they are making sure everything is done by the book. They don't want anything screwing this up, especially a jury issue.

It will be interesting to see how this is handled.

Greetings, all.

I dumped FB for months but found with my kids back in school, that is the best way to stay on top of school-related things. I haven't been reading much on the Gannon pages, though. I see updates from LH's aunt that I read to keep sort of up to date. But have sort of been trying to avoid it. I must admit, I am feeling anxious about the upcoming trial and even coming here. I want to keep up, but this case sent me into such a major emotional spiral and I just don't know if I can go there again. :( Then I feel selfish and callous. If his family can be strong, I should be strong for them.

How do you veterans do it?

Everyone's different but for me, I have to avoid watching the emotional videos & social media updates from the family members until everything is over and done. Sometimes I cave and I'll watch something but usually, I just avoid those and stick to the facts of the case.

I hope we don't contribute to it but we only work with open source materials here and they are widely available to all and sundry.
The only two options as I see it are litigation by victim and criminal prosecutions for harassment, preferably both. Malice is rife. Victims are targets. Platforms are woefully badly supervised but they must take responsibility too.
Many of these people are repeat offenders.
De-platforming removes their vehicles.
I just report until my fingers are blistered .
It achieves nothing but it's at least an action.
Hope this helps?
It helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members