Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like this camera wasn’t up Beneroon Drive but closer down.

‘Mr Savage removed a covert bush camera from a tree near to his property and made no attempt to enquire as to its owner, when he might have expected to know it was the property of the NSW Police Force,’ she said.

Video of William Tyrrell person of interest Paul Savage plucked secret camera from a tree

Why would this make him a POI?

Detective Beacroft said Savage had became a person of interest in the investigation as he knew William’s foster grandma sometimes had children staying with her.
To me it would more make him a POI if he knew they would be there that Friday!
JMO

Re the route of PS's daily walk:

Jubelin: "I look at his witness statement, and another Paul gave almost a year after William went missing, when we re-interviewed everyone who lived near [pseudonym for FGM] Anne's property on Benaroon Drive. He says that, on the day itself, he went for his daily walk in the State forest and returned home about 8.50am." (BBM)
- Jubelin & Box, I Catch Killers, chapter There's No Death That's a Good Death, ebook page 270

The Kendall State Forest is about 500 metres away from FGM's house (contrary to apparently every MSM report ever written), so if that's where PS went on his daily walks, CuriousCritter's map in thread 46 post 1016 shows a route which fits: PS's walk is marked in yellow, like a big rectangle (ignore the little circle around one corner), and the lefthand side of the rectangle - a vertical yellow line - follows the eastern boundary road of Kendall SF:

View attachment 261183

If that's correct, then the closest PS would have gone to #144 is when returning home along Batar Creek Road itself.

That’s the map I remember seeing. Yes, it doesn’t look like he walked the boundary. Thanks for clarifying.

To me it would more make him a POI if he knew they would be there that Friday!
JMO

Only IF someone evil wanted the ultimate gotcha payback OR to ‘find’ a missing child you’d be instantly a hero
Decisions decisions.
I guess people like this exist and I’m thinking Beneroon was like a seniors hornets nest.

Me too. That makes no sense. Of all days to get lost... And then not to report on his search neither. What on earth was he doing?
IMO

He went off the usual walking/fire trail and tried to follow a wallaby track. This is when he lost his bearings.

Lia Harris' tweet from the inquest....
He was asked why he cut into the bush instead of staying on the track. He said he thought "if I go down there I've got a better chance of hearing him."

drsleuth can I test your memory please :)

referring back to this....

DP " on thur 11/9 I was working on buses , RP picked you up 12pm"

FA : " That again not correct Mr Parish, police have evidence"

Coroner " I have read all the evidence Mr Abbott"

Did you get a sense the Coroner was cutting FA off in an effort to stop him revealing the evidence FA has given to the police? It seems an odd interjection to me.

Last edited:
I don't understand why police thought it was odd that PS didn't report the outcome of his search. A 'nil find' might qualify as useful information for a police officer, but for an ordinary person I think that looking for a missing person and not finding them would seem like failing to find anything at all. IMO, police were saying it's odd that PS didn't make the effort to walk back up to FGM's to report that he had nothing to report.

12/09/14 was a Friday when William went missing

25/3/16 was a Friday
when they BOTH found the camera.

Was his daughter there that day as well?

Mr Savage and his daughter (left) on March 25, 2016
Video of William Tyrrell person of interest Paul Savage plucked secret camera from a tree
maybe ps daughter visits him on fridays,
also if the camera was hidden in a tree on the edge of his property, they could have been out looking at his garden that friday, showing her new things hed planted etc and she looked up and saw the camera,
so he climbed up and got it?

View attachment 261243
Center bottom of this pic imo the white dots looks like hives and pool is still there.
they'll get you,
Thanks. I'm thinking the common type of bee hives would likely be stacked up in little towers, casting a length of shadow similar to the one near the pool fence. But say they are bee hives: to move that many anywhere else through the seasons (for blossoms) would require a truck and therefore road access. If they were moved to a forest track within walking distance, I suppose PS could maintain them by walking there, but he'd have to carry all his gear, so that wouldn't make a lot of sense.

But on the other hand, a crowd of bee boxes might attract a child (if William had run across the road and down the hill to #43). The hives would be interesting to watch if the bees were flying in and out, and stacked hives might even resemble miniature skyscrapers - a tiny city?

I don't understand why police thought it was odd that PS didn't report the outcome of his search. A 'nil find' might qualify as useful information for a police officer, but for an ordinary person I think that looking for a missing person and not finding them would seem like failing to find anything at all. IMO, police were saying it's odd that PS didn't make the effort to walk back up to FGM's to report that he had nothing to report.

I think it would be very useful to report to the police where you have searched. It would save someone else wasting time searching the same area. It would have been critical in those first few hours that no searcher’s time was wasted. Time was of the essence.

Would the Police really want someone to go off searching by themselves?

Firstly, like you said, it might be a waste of resources to go over the same area twice, when there is an urgency to find the boy. But also, untrained people could removed, move or destroy evidence unwittingly.
They could also themselves become lost and waste resources searching for them. And, if it turns out he wasn't lost but assumed taken, then that would cast suspicion on what that person was doing and what they might have covered up.

Sixmaps shows a labyrinth of bush tracks. In the pic you posted, (circled bottom right) it shows something that looks as big as an established house. I guess that would be the caravan he visited?

We sleuthed that area and found what we thought to be an illegal plantation.
View attachment 261246
View attachment 261246
I was surprised to see Beneroon continue all the way around to connect with Kendall Forest Road.
All these are named roads.
they'll get you,
I don't understand what you mean, sorry. The pic I posted from CuriousCritter's post shows an area circled on the bottom left (which in the original post was said to be where the caravan was, but I think the location couldn't be agreed):

image.jpeg

One of the views you posted shows (probably) a house on Cobb and Co Road in the bottom right. I think it's #49:

image.jpeg

I don't remember seeing the location of an illegal plantation, but okay. Is it relevant?

Here's a map of Kendall State Forest (I think it'll be too big to post a screencap). It says that Benaroon Drive is sealed as far as the State Forest boundary, which I'm assuming is incorrect.

Harvest Plan Operational Map, compartments 252 and 253, Kendall State Forest.

The location of FGM's property isn't shown, but it's out of the frame to the right.

they'll get you,
I don't understand what you mean, sorry. The pic I posted from CuriousCritter's post shows an area circled on the bottom left (which in the original post was said to be where the caravan was, but I think the location couldn't be agreed):

View attachment 261289

One of the views you posted shows (probably) a house on Cobb and Co Road in the bottom right. I think it's #49:

View attachment 261290

I don't remember seeing the location of an illegal plantation, but okay. Is it relevant?

No the plantation is not relevant, I was remembering our prior sleuthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288