Found Deceased TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It bothers me that both the mom and boyfriend have alluded to the place where her body was found in strange ways (to me) ways, specifically emphasizing how far from home she was found.

Mom: "who could....bring her all the way out here?"
Boyfriend: "We don't even live out here."

I'll go back to what I said earlier in the thread about the FBI's research into pathways of body disposal. If a perpetrator wants to conceal the connection he/she has to the victim, a common method is to transport the victim away from the murder site and put the victim's body into water, woods, or the ground.

Great comments on the thread. It's just really hard to see another thread with such a preventable, and senseless tragedy.

Like many of you, I am sitting on my hands as I mutter away. That being said, despite my default instinct, I am going to keep an open mind. While things look bad....very bad for some of the players involved, I'm going to wait for the facts.

Because people are odd, irresponsible, and overall objectionable and hinky, doesn't *necessarily* mean they are murderers.
Thus, I wait while I do my best to keep an impartial and fact based opinion.

Sometimes it's hard. Oh, and btw, I don't buy the "making something to eat" story. At all.

Amateur opinion and speculation
You are a better person than I am.

You are a better person than I am.
I've been so convinced I was right on many occasions where I was absolutely wrong! As such, I take a more fact based approach these days, despite what my gut says. ; ) This one isn't looking good for the main players, I will say that much.

Amateur opinion and speculation

There were possible storms predicted for the Houston area this coming week. As of Saturday, no one was sure where tropical storm Marco would head, with Laura on its heels. Maybe her being placed in the water was someone counting on storms.

Something interesting that may not mean anything but I thought I'd mention it. During Sunday's Q & A after the briefing (around the 8:43 mark) a reporter asked if there were any suspects. Chief Acevedo said no but added "That's why we need the public to actually start going over in their mind the last 24 to 36 hours as you drove around the bayou..."
Family of missing 2-year-old meets with Quanell X, seeks answers
So when he was asking the public to review video he extended the time by an additional 12 hours. He didn't expand on it or make a big deal out of it but it does make me wonder if LE are looking at a slightly longer timeline. I sure hope so.

OMG everything in that story is heartbreaking. I sort of expect that by tomorrow we will know so much more. The story keeps looking worse for the major players by the minute.

* The police was too quick to immediately call it a homicide. IMO the body must have had very visible marks of violence, black eyes, bruises, burns etc. I think that a pedophile would strangle his victim so an autopsy would be needed to find COD or if it was an accidental drowning water in the lungs.

* I dont know this QX fellow that some people are criticizing, but in my opinion he was the only one who spoke well and what he said was damning to the mother and her boyfriend. (please stop referring to the four month old boyfriend as a parent).

Hard to "like" your post but good catch.

Well, we all knew where this was headed from the get go. Time to sit back and wait it out. I think LE is doing a fine job.

I also think, they are sweating the boyfriend and momma by not coming right out and saying it's Maliyah.

MOO

It bothers me that both the mom and boyfriend have alluded to the place where her body was found in strange ways (to me) ways, specifically emphasizing how far from home she was found.

Mom: "who could....bring her all the way out here?"
Boyfriend: "We don't even live out here."

I'll go back to what I said earlier in the thread about the FBI's research into pathways of body disposal. If a perpetrator wants to conceal the connection he/she has to the victim, a common method is to transport the victim away from the murder site and put the victim's body into water, woods, or the ground.

Morning all!

The profiles between male offenders, and female offenders who kill children are often quite different when it comes to the areas where the children's bodies are discarded.

I read extensively about this subject when Caylee Anthony went missing.

Of course neither profile is set in stone, and there can be variables of course especially if the offenders are involved together, and are a man, and a woman.

Anyway, women tend to dispose of their child victim in waterways usually rather close to where the.child victim lived with the killer mom. The child is usually clothed with some even swaddled in some type of blanket then put inside of some kind of soft bag like a canvas or plastic garbage bags. Female offenders do not bury their child victim the majority of time. Even if not put into water they will usually leave them in a remote wooded area closeby where they lived with the murdered child left above ground.

However, male offenders involved in killing children tend to take the body much further away from where the child lived, and from where the initial murder happened. They tend to take them many miles away such as 10 to 20 miles, and some have driven hundreds of miles to dispose of the murdered children. They usually bury the victims in shallow graves.

Like I've said it's just a profile, and each case is different.

If Tootie's offenders were working in tandem with the coverup afterwards it may explain why the two gender profiles are mixed or are comingled in this case. Such as put into water, yet put much further away from the original crime scene.

Praying for justice.

Jmho

Last edited:
Morning all!

The profiles between male offenders, and female offenders who kill children are often quite different.

Of course neither profile is set in stone, and there can be variables of course especially if the offenders are involved together, and are a man, and a woman.

Anyway, women tend to dispose of their child victim in waterways usually rather close to where the.child victim lived with the killer mom. The child is usually clothed with some even swaddled in some type of blanket then put inside of some kind of soft bag like a canvas or plastic garbage bags. Female offenders do not bury their child victim the majority of time. Even if not put into water they will usually leave them in a remote wooded area closeby where they lived with the murdered child left above ground.

However, male offenders involved in killing children tend to take the body much further away from where the child lived, and from where the initial murder happened. They tend to take them many miles away such as 10 to 20 miles, and some have driven hundreds of miles to dispose of the murdered children. They usually bury the victims in shallow graves.

If Tootie's offenders were working in tandem with the coverup afterwards it may explain why the two gender profiles are mixed in this case. Such as put into water, yet put much further away from the original crime scene.

Praying for justice.

Jmho

Thanks for this it is very interesting indeed.

There were possible storms predicted for the Houston area this coming week. As of Saturday, no one was sure where tropical storm Marco would head, with Laura on its heels. Maybe her being placed in the water was someone counting on storms.
I thought the same. (Though I thought maybe they hoped for that after she was placed.) I also wondered if that's why TX Equuseach came in so quickly but I didn't realize they were based so closely. I'm glad she was found before any weather could have affected her recovery (or how far she could have traveled in the bayou.)

Morning all!

The profiles between male offenders, and female offenders who kill children are often quite different when it comes to the areas where the children's bodies are discarded.

If Tootie's offenders were working in tandem with the coverup afterwards it may explain why the two gender profiles are mixed or are comingled in this case. Such as put into water, yet put much further away from the original crime scene.

Praying for justice.

Jmho
Very interesting. Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads